Sign in to follow this  
Zantas

[Resolved] No Desktop Shortcut

As the topic says, I no longer have a desktop shortcut to launch the game (can do it through browser, but that's a bit of a hassle). I did a java update, and then the shortcuts I had no longer worked. After trying some things to no avail, I figured I would just reinstall the game to get new shortcuts that would work, but the launcher is not creating a new one even after reinstalling the game. Is there any way to force it?

Edited by Zantas

you need to go into your java viewer and delete the wurm stuff in there. In windows 7 and 8 it is under the program menu that is in the control panel you should see a java icon just click it to open the viewer. There will be a "temporary internet files" thing find it and then click "view "..delete the wurm stuff and try again.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

what you could allso do is .... start --> run --> 'javaws -viewer' and enter

then click create shortcut

• Like 1

I have the same exact problem after the java update...only... there is absolutely nothing in the "Java Cache Viewer"

Still no desktop shortcut. Not resolved for me.

I am running vista and have no short cut to to run wurm after java update any ideals on how to fix it thanks

Run wurm once with with

javaws http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

. This should add a shortcut. If it does not then open the java console with

javaws -viewer

and create a desktop shortcut from the Wurm Online entry.

After every little Java update my desktop shortcut disappears and I go through this thread's routine again.

Is that just the way it is or is there a way to permanently solve this (on my side)?

You can manually create a shortcut containing this command:

javaws http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

This will create a shortcut that should be more stable. To assign a nice icon copy the .ico file referenced by the automaticly created shortcut to your wurm folder and use the copied icon for the new link.

The automaticly created shortcut will always refer to the Java version it was created with