Sign in to follow this  
flinteryk

Pmk Servers

I am Sure this has been discussed to death but seeing as i rarly use the forums im going to post it.

I am looking into trying to get PMK on epic to have the option to open a small server of their own as a "home server" i wouldnt expect it to be any bigger then maybe 3 of the valcano islands just something simple to build a foundation of a kingdom on. No uniques on the server of course and a ratio land to creature fix as to not over populate. I would understand this being expensive and also having a monthly upkeep and i would be fully willing to do this even at steep amounts im just cerious if anyone else would be willing to do this as well or is this something that just would not work. Personally i would absolutly love it but from what ive seen PMKs need work allowing players to join from the starting area wouldnt really work as you would just get a flood of griefing and spy alts.

player made kingdom servers *with a cost of course* yes or no? and if yes how much would be a good amount?

Ask Rolf maybe he will do it for a few thousand euros

well i just got a promotion and will be making insane amounts of money so i thought id revisit this idea.

i would love for it to be possible. as i said before i wouldnt expect anything extravagent i wouldnt want uniques as those would just be farmed, all i would ask is for a short time to get the map ready. not sure how a starter deed would work for that map as a basic spawn point i guess that could be a monthly fee to keep a small spawn point with a few guards active i would be fine with this or even just pay in silver for it. i wouldnt want it to pop up for people to start there from the training server as that would just leave it to be griefed all to hell. i would expect this to run a fairly large price tag but seeing as how my pay just about doubled im willing to look at this possibility.

I'd rather see a 4k x 4k server north of elevation. :D

I want this, too. Also open, like Ele - and if Rolf were to ever put in something like.. say, temperatures, it'd be a neat place to have a cold north.

just add a 4th home server that any and all PMK's could share with all the same rules as BLH for BL kingdom members.the expense of setting  up a PMK in both money and people on elevation should also cover anything needed to allow formerly template kingdom and newly PMK citizens to access the PMK Home the same as JK can use and is protected by the CR nerf in JKH. A single starter deed with a large neutral area is sufficient for multiple PMK's. if needed disallow combat in that zone to ensure trapping does not become viable. Template kingdom members will be able to raid but suffer the cr nerf. PMK's are  free to fight amongst each other like  BLH with no reputation system. This would solve the current PMK Inviability long term problem that dooms PMK's to an inevitable slow death and collapse due to being unable to recruit effectively. Kicked members via 75% majority vote are auto dumped in the epic graveyard that is Affliction to work on their problems in a quiet space for 14 days.

Thank you,

All Eyes on Us...

11afrck.gif

Edited by Joanavon
  • Like 2

How much would you pay for a PMK dedicated server?

Just curious

well isn't Chaos with the exception of the neutral freedom kingdom (I know they named their PMK's after the epic template kingdoms instead of using their own which is confusing) a server comprised of PMK's vying for whatever? The systemic flaw with the Epic PMK's is their inability to effectively attract and obtain new blood like the template kingdoms got by default. so they slowly (or quickly) died out. if they could get a starter deed/home server like the template kingdoms it would put them on equal footing to survive vs. invincible indestructible template kingdoms

Thank you,

All Eyes on Us...

11afrck.gif

Edited by Joanavon

well isn't Chaos with the exception of the neutral freedom kingdom (I know they named their PMK's after the epic template kingdoms instead of using their own which is confusing) a server comprised of PMK's vying for whatever? The systemic flaw with the Epic PMK's is their inability to effectively attract and obtain new blood like the template kingdoms got by default. so they slowly (or quickly) died out. if they could get a starter deed/home server like the template kingdoms it would put them on equal footing to survive vs. invincible indestructible template kingdoms

Thank you,

All Eyes on Us...

11afrck.gif

Looks like people cant understand that we remade the kingdom we were originally in. Anyway there is an option to choose to allow players to use the teleport to get into the PMK when you are making it. 

hm as for how much i would pay for seperate servers probably upwords of 1,000 usd and i would expect a monthly fee. of course id have to build up my cash but within i month i could do that easy.

Looks like people cant understand that we remade the kingdom we were originally in. Anyway there is an option to choose to allow players to use the teleport to get into the PMK when you are making it. 

That if obviously not sufficient as history has shown on epic at least. 100% of PMK's have failed in less then one year. Some lasting far less. They are systemically vulnerable over time

Thank you,

All Eyes on Us...

11afrck.gif

Edited by Joanavon

There possibly could be a pmk server that can be "claimed" by a pmk if it becomes powerful enough. Of course, the pmk has to fight to defend their claim, or some other pmk could push everyone out. I think it would work better if there was a pmk only server without the default kingdoms. It would be annoying if your village disbanded or was converted because a different kingdom took over.

Is there some plan for a new server ? Havent seen any topic about it so i'm asking here ...

Servers are added as the devs feel the population in a cluster warrants it; however, haven't heard any plans to add a new map of late. Last two new maps are currently isolated with plans to connect to the Freedom cluster. 

How much would you pay for a PMK dedicated server?

Just curious

Heh :P

Though recent history shows pmks to have short, unstable lifetimes, is the work involved in adding new maps worth the pmk vanishing after a mere handful of months (if even that long)?

A conquerable pmk home server does seem intriquing...

Edited by Klaa

This still wouldn't solve pmk recruiting imo, pmk is meant to be player made, and modifiable, you'd still have the problem that all new players spawn as either Jk, Mr, or Bl.