Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Regarding The Price Raise Discussion

Hey, radical thought, since epic get most of the things on upcoming patch, and since its 4 servers with a total population that is less than Independance, why not do a phased price change, where epic pays more, since epic cluster probably carries just about the same expenses as the whole freedom cluster (well if you don't count pristine and release its the same number of servers on epic and freedom) but i doubt it has even 1/5 of the profits that freedom carries.

So i think its fair that prices for epic are higher, i mean they get more development, have missions, special ores, special critters, and a special map (Valrei), so how is it fair that people on freedom, who get less development, see their play style nerfed because of PvP issues have to pay the same.

• Like 2

Hey, radical thought, since epic get most of the things on upcoming patch, and since its 4 servers with a total population that is less than Independance, why not do a phased price change, where epic pays more, since epic cluster probably carries just about the same expenses as the whole freedom cluster (well if you don't count pristine and release its the same number of servers on epic and freedom) but i doubt it has even 1/5 of the profits that freedom carries.

So i think its fair that prices for epic are higher, i mean they get more development, have missions, special ores, special critters, and a special map (Valrei), so how is it fair that people on freedom, who get less development, see their play style nerfed because of PvP issues have to pay the same.

Or, how about, people on PvP servers like Elevation and Chaos pay 5e a month, while Freedom pays 10e a month. While we're being unfair, we might as well double spirit templar prices on Freedom to reduce lag.

yeah in the form of an upkeep costs cut which would help people afford the price increases for premium more.

it would also give all players more coin to spend in the economy and actually might help keep more players.

that works for me if that is what he want to do as long as the deed size determines what amount you get of the 50% pool so a large deed gets more as it pays more in.

Or, how about, people on PvP servers like Elevation and Chaos pay 5e a month, while Freedom pays 10e a month. While we're being unfair, we might as well double spirit templar prices on Freedom to reduce lag.

How is it unfair?

Freedom is supporting costs for epic server, don't think they aren't, epic has a total population that is around 1000 premium players, that's less than independance, and any other freedom server has 500+.

But still epic gets all the attention on development, while people on freedom get the shaft (not even bug fixes), and pays the same.

Edit: clarification

Edited by ReaverKane

that works for me if that is what he want to do as long as the deed size determines what amount you get of the 50% pool so a large deed gets more as it pays more in.

It would probably be best to keep it simple as some deeds have 69x67 and 1 Trader while others have 5.

That would benefit Super Trader deeds more than anything else.

Unless you went to a ratio thing like the animals and based in on Tiles per Trader and Upkeep.

A Large deed would already be getting a nice cut back anyhow more so than smaller deeds with a Upkeep reduction.

No its not, you say the same thing.....due to yadda yadda traders will now yadda yadda....

The same thing as said in the price increase.

If they cannot except lower payouts to help the overall player base then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Actually, I didn't say anything about traders myself, I just acknowledged that there may be an issue.

Personally I don't mind if people get some money off their traders, I see the problem more that they get drained so hard that they are practically useless for actual trading.

Actually, I didn't say anything about traders myself, I just acknowledged that there may be an issue.

Personally I don't mind if people get some money off their traders, I see the problem more that they get drained so hard that they are practically useless for actual trading.

They are boxed up privately most of them and never trade with anyone only draining upkeep funds from players and giving it to other players.

Making start town trader pay out more would lead to more people camping them is all.

But I agree they should get funds and that's up to the GM mayor to make sure the ratio is right basically.

It would be better to make the kings guy come many more times and give less amounts each time all week long so that no one could just know when to go and drain it.

Edited by Protunia

Hey, radical thought, since epic get most of the things on upcoming patch,

What? How do you even know what will be in Wurm 1.1? I know of at least one top secret thing that will blow your mind away and has been asked for by players for 7 years, and is mostly a feature for PvE players.
  • Like 1

It would probably be best to keep it simple as some deeds have 69x67 and 1 Trader while others have 5.

That would benefit Super Trader deeds more than anything else.

Unless you went to a ratio thing like the animals and based in on Tiles per Trader and Upkeep.

A Large deed would already be getting a nice cut back anyhow more so than smaller deeds with a Upkeep reduction.

no i mean the deed size determines the amount you get in form of the upkeep break nothing to do with the traders share

no i mean the deed size determines the amount you get in form of the upkeep break nothing to do with the traders share

oh :P yeah across the board even cut would make larger deeds get much more decrease in upkeep.

10s would go to 5s upkeep costs.

Sure Traders would get alittle less, but as I said it would really help all players and the economy.

Anyhow I know its the right thing todo, but will it happen is the question.

I am not saying lower Land cost to make a Deed just to be clear about that part of deeds.

And still keep the minimum 1s upkeep in effect.

Edited by Protunia

What? How do you even know what will be in Wurm 1.1? I know of at least one top secret thing that will blow your mind away and has been asked for by players for 7 years, and is mostly a feature for PvE players.

If its a PVE feature, it also goes to PVP servers, unless its exclusive. But Rolf DID announce a patch with big focus on Epic. And still doesn't adress the fact that epic servers pose around 40% of the total server expenses, while they don't hold 20% of the game premium players.

oh :P yeah across the board even cut would make larger deeds get much more decrease in upkeep.

10s would go to 5s upkeep costs.

Sure Traders would get alittle less, but as I said it would really help all players and the economy.

Anyhow I know its the right thing todo, but will it happen is the question.

I am not saying lower Land cost to make a Deed just to be clear about that part of deeds.

And still keep the minimum 1s upkeep in effect.

Well if more people just bought traders for their deeds they would not earn as much and is what rolf probably had in mind when he made them It does benefit the ones that make the investment but no one is stopping the ones that don't have one from doing it.

That was the whole point of my post in the trader topic a while back was to show people how they work it was always such a mystery and kept hush hush and look at what has happened more people bought traders and the prices on things have never been higher because the coins are circulating more.

If they are nerfed to the ground no one will buy them anymore and the economy would suffer even more but i can live with giving 50% of the pool to those that don't pay for the trader but really it is not fair they should have to buy them just like we do/did.

edit:But i can live with the 50/50 deed/trader thing IF that is what has to happen to make the game better.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Well if more people just bought traders for their deeds they would not earn as much and is what rolf probably had in mind when he made them It does benefit the ones that make the investment but no one is stopping the ones that don't have one form doing it.

That was the whole point of my post in the trader topic a while back was to show people how they work it was always such a mystery and kept hush hush and look at what has happened more people bought traders and the prices on things have never been higher because the coins are circulating more.

If they are nerfed to the ground no one will buy them anymore and the economy would suffer even more but i can live with giving 50% of the pool to those that don't pay for the trader but really it is not fair they should have to buy them just like we do/did.

When deeds were changed it made them unbalanced for the amount of upkeep players are paying now per deed.

So its no longer a long term investment, but a quick and easy turn around and as you already know that promotes making more and more and more speeding up the process.

Anyhow they give plenty of benefit and if it took 8-10 months to pay off people would still buy them I know because I bought 4 when they gave hardly nothing as a long term investment.

Because of this price change I feel changing them in the way I mentioned is really fair for the whole player base.

The Economy would grow more because more players would have more silver not less and less players would control a large portion of these upkeep funds that are taken from all players deeds.

We can go round and round about this, but in no way should one trader mean free premium play forever

off the backs of all players within a few months.

And this price increase in premium justifies balancing Traders for the good of the game.

Edited by Protunia

My biggest concern is being competitive with other games. This price increase just made it even harder to play for around 10eur (~13 usa). Contrary to the various prices inflation comments I've seen here, MMO subscriptions seem to go down or hold steady.

I'd like to see:

- Make priests more playable as a main.

- It seems Wurm is loosing a lot of money letting players use trader drain money to play for free ( I been doing things for months).

- An option to get a free small deed with premium.

- Make deeds produced more resources so less space produces more.

why not increase it slowly over the year instead suddenly push a 60% increase? that way there is no 'sudden blow' :/ ..

And this price increase in premium justifies balancing Traders for the good of the game.

Like i said i am fine with the 50/50 split of the pool we discussed but anything else would not be fair to us. I do understand every deed pays into the pool but we did buy the traders to access the pool and that is how Rolf set it up so splitting it up 50/50 makes sense but just yanking the traders from getting no benefit would not be okay with me. I do feel we have come up with a workable change that would be beneficial to everyone as the lower upkeep will help offset some of the loss of income in form of lower upkeep, it won't be an equal amount but i am okay with that.

Their population may be smaller but when you start to factor in the price for guards....the amount of income they bring up increases substantially.

I'm perfectly willing to prove I do not live in Europe to avoid paying VAT. Where's that option in all this?

• Like 1

I'm perfectly willing to prove I do not live in Europe to avoid paying VAT. Where's that option in all this?

Even where some of us able to prove that we weren't from Europe the subscription fee should still be increased. Price has been maintained for years even though the avg price for most things has gone up. Blahblah mmo's. Smaller playerbase more impacted by these changes. Hopefully the $ will be used to fix everything and keep on going.

Ok, wasn't going to post but these two threads and some of the garbage being posted have really raised my hackles.

I for one, really appreciate that Rolf takes the time and is willing to share with us his reasoning. He has absolutely no obligation to do that and open himself up to all the armchair accountants, financial advisers, & game company gurus who know it all and can advise him on how to run his business and make him a smashing success if he'd only listen to their golden wisdom.

As for me, I don't give a rat's patootie what Rolf does with the money or how he runs his business. It's none of my business. He is offering a service which I have chosen to use based on my love of the game and the value for my entertainment dollar. I don't dissect the financial decisions of my internet provider nor tell them how to run their business. I decide if I like the service for what I'm paying them. Period. Same goes for any game I've ever played. IMO, doing that to Rolf about his business is the absolute height of arrogance.

As for the trader subject that certain rabble rousers keep tossing in to fan the flames, do you really think that Rolf is not perfectly aware of whether or not traders are a good thing in the game? Good grief. You must know that he know his business far better than you ever will. So I can only assume that you keep posting your venom to get others to jump on your band wagon and say "Yeah!! Get those dirty rotten trader holders. It's all their fault. We wouldn't have price increases if it wasn't for them. Kill them twice, break their thumbs." Can't you hear yourselves? Jeez.

Let Rolf run his business his way, for crying out loud. You like the game or you don't. What he does with the money is none of our business

/endrant and gonna stop reading these threads as they are extremely aggravating.

• Like 14

regarding that Protunia - Kegan et. al. discussion about traders....

you could make a very easy trader reimbursement:

for every trader form bought buyer gets back 50s - (months gone since buy) x 2,5s

:)

Nimdalia

Edited by Nimdalia

I will definitely keep my main. I don't know if I will keep my alt though, and I say that without any bitterness regarding the change.

Ok, wasn't going to post but these two threads and some of the garbage being posted have really raised my hackles.

I for one, really appreciate that Rolf takes the time and is willing to share with us his reasoning. He has absolutely no obligation to do that and open himself up to all the armchair accountants, financial advisers, & game company gurus who know it all and can advise him on how to run his business and make him a smashing success if he'd only listen to their golden wisdom.

As for me, I don't give a rat's patootie what Rolf does with the money or how he runs his business. It's none of my business. He is offering a service which I have chosen to use based on my love of the game and the value for my entertainment dollar. I don't dissect the financial decisions of my internet provider nor tell them how to run their business. I decide if I like the service for what I'm paying them. Period. Same goes for any game I've ever played. IMO, doing that to Rolf about his business is the absolute height of arrogance.

As for the trader subject that certain rabble rousers keep tossing in to fan the flames, do you really think that Rolf is not perfectly aware of whether or not traders are a good thing in the game? Good grief. You must know that he know his business far better than you ever will. So I can only assume that you keep posting your venom to get others to jump on your band wagon and say "Yeah!! Get those dirty rotten trader holders. It's all their fault. We wouldn't have price increases if it wasn't for them. Kill them twice, break their thumbs." Can't you hear yourselves? Jeez.

Let Rolf run his business his way, for crying out loud. You like the game or you don't. What he does with the money is none of our business

/endrant and gonna stop reading these threads as they are extremely aggravating.

Totally agree, my only concern is that this comes at a time where game quality is at a low, with the bugged houses running rampant for weeks now, and ballparked patches to animal husbandry. It just seems to me, personally, that we're seeing the game go south, but still asked to pay more for it.

I mean if 1.0 had been a huge success, and had been presented with all bells and whistles, not just a few of the features half-slapped into it, i'd be not so concerned about the price ramp.

regarding that Protunia - Kegan et. al. discussion about traders....

you could make a very easy trader reimbursement:

for every trader form bought buyer gets back 50s - (months gone since buy) x 2,5s

:)

Nimdalia

Sure you could that too.

I mean you can get rid of traders, raise premium prices, get rid of in game paying for premium, get rid of referals,etc...

Make all pay at shop no matter what I am game for that.

If this was done he'd probably make more money for sure.

Would suck to be some people, but oh well can't please everyone right?? :D

Edited by Protunia

<snip>

I fully agree, and for those of you who tl/dr:

Wurm Online is a game, you are not forced to buy silver to play it, you are not forced to buy premium time. You decide for yourself if you can afford to continue playing the game or not. Nobody else cares, the decision has already been made.