Sign in to follow this  
Eldurian

Some Questions About Hedges

So I have a few questions about hedges that the wiki doesn't answer very clearly or at all.

Do Hedges Decay & How Are Hedges Maintained?

So as fences do they take damage over time or do they grow old like plants? I know you can prune them to reduce their size but can you prune them to keep them from decaying or growing too old?

Can Enemies Prune Your Hedges Away?

The wiki talks about using a sickle to prune hedges down and then destroy them. But it also talks about catapults. If I plant hedges as the fences to my farm can a raider just prune them down to short and then walk over them? Does it make a difference if they are on or off deed?

How Strong Are Hedges?

How do hedges compare to other wall and fence types in terms of how hard they are to destroy. Like say a hedge vs. a wooden fence. Does the height of the hedge or the type of hedge (maple, thorns, etc.) effect that strength?

Do Hedges Get Any Properties of The Plant They Are Made Of?

Do thorn hedges do damage? Can I harvest maple syrup or camellia from maple and camellia hedges? Can I pick sprouts from hedges?

Hedges Aside...

How do I link my forum and in-game account so I can post in the epic section if I registered them on separate e-mails? How do I join the wiki team so I can make edits when I see outdated information?

Edited by Eldurian

They don't decay, and afiak they don't grow old either.

Enemies cn prune them to short and walk over, afaik even on freedom they are not fully protected by deeds that way.

asides from pruning short, hedges are a lot more durable than wood, which makes them annoying if you wanna remove them.

There are no properties associates to hedge type, except that lavender aalways stays short and camelia always stays medium.

I'm pretty sure I have full height camelia hedging on one of my deeds unless it has been changed recently?

I'm pretty sure I have full height camelia hedging on one of my deeds unless it has been changed recently?

it was, in last update. Any tall ones will stay that way unless you decide to prune it. Any new ones will only grow to medium height.