Sign in to follow this  
Bigby

Coal Piles...wtf?

Started playing wurm around january, since then i have intented to be a platesmith and have gone to great lengths to cut down hundreds if not thousands of tree's, made hundreds of piles, and mined for tons of high QL ore to combine the charcoal with.... and i just come to find out today in Freedom chat no less that this entire time Coal piles havn't been "working as intended". *Edited for civility

Edited by Bigby

Hey, chill out a bit 0.0

There was plenty of mention of this bug, and there was also threads on it already. But this is a several month old bug. It was already written at one point that they weren't working as intended, they do somehow work in a mine though. Ask anyone and they could tell you that charcoal piles aren't working well.

And you mean these threads that don't exist?

(Also been mentioned countless times in tons of other threads)

http://forum.wurmonl...oal#entry723447

http://forum.wurmonl...e__hl__charcoal

Edited by Shrimpiie

so i would have had to go back to a post made in december and january in order to find out these bugs???? and no i wont calm down about it....... ive spent countless hours on this skill ,,imagine if a skill you'd spent hours and hours and hours on and turns out you could have been doing it doubly efficient the whole time? im saying more of a public and recent mention of this BUG would have been nice......... not having scour pages and pages of forums dating back 3 months to find something about it.

and if its SO well known like you say and has been in countless threads, the Wiki makes no mention of it, ill just make sure i scour the forums before i decide on my next skill for any secret bugs............ <sarcasm>

Edited by Bigby

I hear your frustration sir. It's a pretty nasty bug. Coal-making wasn't very efficient even before this bug. It is pretty clear that since it isn't a very popular skill they haven't cared to fix it.

Unless it isn't a bug, But if they say it is it's unacceptable that it is still here.

• Like 1

It was probably a fix because you could place them in mines and have them go on longer....who knows.

Somebody probably figured out the decay rate was reduced in mines on coal piles and over did it.

Anyhow thats what I gathered from everything I heard.

So now in mines is normal.

Edited by Protunia

There is a search bar you know? if you type in there 'charcoal', then you could look through for threads on the subject, not have to scour through months of pages. Also, it is only recently that the wiki has its own thread so it can be better managed and updated. I will make a short thread partaining to charcoal in the wiki section.

and if its SO well known like you say and has been in countless threads, the Wiki makes no mention of it, ill just make sure i scour the forums before i decide on my next skill for any secret bugs............ <sarcasm>

There's a so called "trello board" (which is linked in a pinned topic under server bugs. http://forum.wurmonl...c-trello-board/) that has a decently sized "to fix" list of current bugs. It is a public board, anyone can go on there and view what bugs are known and what status of fixing they are currently in. The charcoal production bug is mentioned in there on the right hand side, under duplicates of cards.

Other than that, it's never a bad idea to ask in your server/global chat "hey, Im going to try xxx skill, any tips or things I need to know?" Other than possible bugs that are known, you might also find some useful tips to increase your skillgain or whatever.

Edited by Alyeska
  • Like 1

Here's some advice from someone that has made about 100 piles (recently) above ground because I forgot that there was a bug. You still made some coal, you didn't gain less skill, learn from it, make them in caves and move on. :)

• Like 1

Thank you Aesys this is true, sorry for raging ppl, i had to find out about this right after i made a ton of piles already on Freedom chat also,thats like finding out on facebook that your Gf had been cheating on you <_<

It is fine ;D

Um, I think those might be a little different, one is real life the other, not so much lol

Here's some advice from someone that has made about 100 piles (recently) above ground because I forgot that there was a bug. You still made some coal, you didn't gain less skill, learn from it, make them in caves and move on. :)

Same for me (around 50+ piles), found out about the bug in alliance chat, have now started underground and moving forward. ;)

Interesting. Too bad you didn't find out sooner but thanks for posting the heads up.

I think part of this is also that since it has been around for some time everyone has rounded it down to common knowledge. =/ Hits a bit hard to find it out later but at least you know now & you still got the skill and whatevs else as mentioned previously.

i feel your pain bro. Ive made like 100+ coal piles the last couple months above ground not knowing