Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Newsletter Going Out

• Every time you purchase premium, you will also receive one Sleeping Powder per month. These will most probably be added to your inventory immediately.

That`s really nice, but i i`d love to get one res stone instead of sleeping powder

• Like 1

I am fairly surprised that it has taken 7 years for Rolf to raise the price and - I have played on and off over that time = I am not just someone turning up out of the blue with an opinion on something I know nothing about.

If you are not European, or not an adult with real life expenses, then you wont realise that the European economy has been very tight to live with, and so that its even more suprising that Rolf has only now decided to raise the price.

My personal opinion is that its maybe too much all at once for some people to find easy to accept, but I also feel that that is understandable given how long he has kept he price of premium static.

I dont think it is actually too much, as such, given that he has not increased the price in a very long time. What I mean is that I personally think he should have increased it a little bit earlier and then a little bit now instead of a lot all at once.

For those of you that are not aware of it, European regulations have been shifting all during the last 7 years and it is only fairly recently that the EC has decided to get hard line about certain issues, such as the taxation Rolf mentions in the OP. It is affecting all countries in the EC and all gamers and internet purchases. We (residents in the EC) are generally, as far as I can tell, very unhappy about the fact that we are paying, on average, about 20% more than American gamers and internet users.

Its not reasonable to blame Rolf or Wurm for these problems. Its not his fault and its not the fault of the Wurm dev team. Its a problem that has been caused by the economy of the European Community and the economy in the world as a whole. The US and America generally are having their own problems, but you can blame some of this on the US bank and pension frauds that occurred a few years back.

@Rolf

The word amongst my friends is that you are quite upset that you feel your hand has been forced in this way and that seems to be consistent with what I know about you and the way you want Wurm to work.

I do understand that you are left with no choice but to accommodate economics changes beyond your ability to control.

But I also remember that you have always made Wurm accessible to people with no income and low income. (Wurm was one of the first games I ever played that had any sort of F2P philosophy at all. That means it was one of the first games ever to have an F2P way of playing.)

PLEASE: Reorient the store so that there are still 10 Euro options for the younger people and people with low incomes, so that the impact of these price changes will not make it impossible for them to play.

For those people, its not necessarily going to be the price increase that hurts, so much as the difficulty of finding that much money at one time. I cannot remember exactly how this works, but it is currently either 30 days + 5s or 2 months or 10s for 10 Euro?

I would really like to see options that will be suited to people who will still only have 10 Euro available.

You have to realise that a lot of people are not quite so frightened by the price increase but are frightened by the cost being beyond what they can budget for.

Examples - new price scale for 10E:

• 30 days + 1.25s
  • 6.25s

If I did not get the maths perfect .. meh :(

Its late and I am too tired even too use a calculator confidently :P

• Like 2

Thanks Tritus.

We are going to make that 1 Month 1 Silver option for 10 Euro. It may not be available directly on 2nd May even though we'd like it but as soon as possible.

Rolf

• Like 1

big difference from the moment though 10e for 2 months - 10e for 1month 1silver even higher than 60% increase if u ask me. are you planning to have a bulk accounts discount at all as would cost me around 60e a month for my main accounts I play?

Thanks Tritus.

We are going to make that 1 Month 1 Silver option for 10 Euro. It may not be available directly on 2nd May even though we'd like it but as soon as possible.

Rolf

I see that a a great option for most players with a small deed for upkeep costs of 1s ish. and lets them prem and pay the small deed upkeep. is a good price.

I thank you for having the year paying option. i prepaid 4 of my 6 guys plus a few gold coins. truely enjoy this game. I use to spend my money on warhammer and then flames of war WWII metal figuers costing me 1-2000 a year. and i build and paint them and then never play. now i spend over 1000eu on wurma year and play a min of 100hrs a month.

thank you and your team. and the whole wurm community. se you.z in game ;-)

Rolf,

I also think that's a good decision - this way a casual player can afford to pay both her premium and maintenance for a tiny deed with a payment of only 10 euros per month, which, although not cheap, is still a decent price.

Cheers,
Alexandra

Edited by AryaStark

10 euros per month, which is a decent price.

Decent, or not decent, that depends on the point of view. 1 month currently costs 5 Euro.

This 1.1 catch will be most welcomed. We are nearing June as we speak, so I for one, look forward to these improvements wholeheartedly.