Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Newsletter Going Out

Euros going down? were?

It cost me 1.32$ Canadian for 1 Euro , and most likely it will go up.

I could see the oprice going up 1.5 Euros but not 3 thats a large jump.

I love the game but some jumps are a little much.

And dosent it show who pays in what funds? like country wise?

So the vat should not effect some?

Well guess i will keep 1 char prem. let the other 2 sit for now until i decide to ether sell out or something.

And i realy dont want to quit playing.games to good.

You may also have alot more people stop playing with such a jump.

Well good luck hope it works out.

When we started charging for Wurm 1 Eur~=11 SEK. Today 1 Eur=8.47 SEK.

• Like 1

Also these increases effectively have raised gold prices in game probably 60%

• Like 2

By the way, I see the point of not making the sleep powder retro-active to those who pay for premium with the current pricing, however, just keep in mind for those who are about to buy a lot of premium time before the change, you WILL be losing money so to speak.

Using the sleep powder as an example.

Current trader price of the powder is 5s right? Or 5E with current shop pricing. The change in premium price per month goes up to 8E, but you now get a 5s (8E again) item "free". Where as current price is 5E per month no "free" powder which is valued at 5s (5E currently). Meaning that if you wanted to get the same benefit as future pricing and paying with silver from the shop, you're losing a LOT of money.

I point this out not as a complaint, but to let those folks about ready to pay for a year or 2 or whatever, what they will be missing out on. I kind of wish I had known before buying a year premium for 3 toons, and 6months for a 4th.

Another question I have is for those that have already paid for premium time for a long period, aside from them not getting the above mentioned perk for super cheap, do they still get the bump in supreme, fantastic chance? Or do they miss out on that too?

Also the value of the euro has no place in a price increase. It has less value to you and it has less value to us so it's equal. Nice excuse though. It's not like we are paying in gold but what you receive is silver. It's all relative. Wonder how many people will fall for that one. I live in the USA, for me 2 months premium is $13 and some change not 10 euro. So now I will be paying over $20 for two months premium. I tell you what you guys better keep the updates and new content coming consistently because I'm now on the fence about this game. I hope this increase is truly a necessity because you are going to lose a lot of players.

By the way, I see the point of not making the sleep powder retro-active to those who pay for premium with the current pricing, however, just keep in mind for those who are about to buy a lot of premium time before the change, you WILL be losing money so to speak.

Using the sleep powder as an example.

Current trader price of the powder is 5s right? Or 5E with current shop pricing. The change in premium price per month goes up to 8E, but you now get a 5s (8E again) item "free". Where as current price is 5E per month no "free" powder which is valued at 5s (5E currently). Meaning that if you wanted to get the same benefit as future pricing and paying with silver from the shop, you're losing a LOT of money.

I point this out not as a complaint, but to let those folks about ready to pay for a year or 2 or whatever, what they will be missing out on. I kind of wish I had known before buying a year premium for 3 toons, and 6months for a 4th.

Another question I have is for those that have already paid for premium time for a long period, aside from them not getting the above mentioned perk for super cheap, do they still get the bump in supreme, fantastic chance? Or do they miss out on that too?

A 5s = 5e and yes a sleeppowder is that.

But nobody here that buys 1 year of premium values 1 hour of sleepbonus to 5 euro, and that's why we are buying it now.

problem is, if you make sleeppowder cheaper, some half-rich person will buy it every hour to grind like crazy, so it has to be this expensive, so it is only used when it is most required.

The Supreme, Fantastic chance will be a passive bonus as long as you have premium time no matter when you purchased it.

The new prices should become as follows:

Item Current New

10-Silver-Coins - 10 EUR 16 EUR

50-Silver-Coins - 50 EUR 80 EUR

100-Silver-Coins - 100 EUR 160 EUR

250-Silver-Coins - 250 EUR 400 EUR

2-Months-Playtime - 10 EUR 16 EUR

6-Months-Playtime - 30 EUR 48 EUR

12-Months-Playtime - 50 EUR 80 EUR

1-Month-Playtime-5-Silver-Coins - 10 EUR 16 EUR

2-Months-Playtime-15-Silver-Coins - 25 EUR 40 EUR

6-Months-Playtime-20-Silver-Coins - 50 EUR 80 EUR

6-Months-Playtime-70-Silver-Coins - 100 EUR 160 EUR

12-Months-Playtime-50-Silver-Coins - 100 EUR 160 EUR

12-Months-Playtime-250-Silver-Coins - 300 EUR 480 EUR

We may add a 1-month-1-Silver-Coin option for 10 EUR

Also the value of the euro has no place in a price increase. It has less value to you and it has less value to us so it's equal. Nice excuse though. It's not like we are paying in gold but what you receive is silver. It's all relative. Wonder how many people will fall for that one. I live in the USA, for me 2 months premium is $13 and some change not 10 euro. So now I will be paying over $20 for two months premium. I tell you what you guys better keep the updates and new content coming consistently because I'm now on the fence about this game. I hope this increase is truly a necessity because you are going to lose a lot of players.

Its also about the purchasing power of the euro and not just the market value.

The same has happened here in the U.S. our dollar buys less now than it did just a few years ago.

so its worth less and buys less that's a double whammy.

I dont think Rolf is missing out on much money, only he has the numbers offcourse, but I dont think sleeppowder is sold allot on traders these past years.

He could offcourse use a sort of "referal" code, but for 1hour sleepbonus. So you type "/sbrefer" or something and then type in how many hours of sb you want to activate.

Euros going down? were?

It cost me 1.32$ Canadian for 1 Euro , and most likely it will go up.

I could see the oprice going up 1.5 Euros but not 3 thats a large jump.

I love the game but some jumps are a little much.

And dosent it show who pays in what funds? like country wise?

So the vat should not effect some?

Well guess i will keep 1 char prem. let the other 2 sit for now until i decide to ether sell out or something.

And i realy dont want to quit playing.games to good.

You may also have alot more people stop playing with such a jump.

Well good luck hope it works out.

the SEK (swedish krones) is quite strong today which results in less money for rolf since most of the players are not swedish

I always thought of the 5€ was a good attraction to this game since wow charges way to much and darkfall even worse, but i dont think increaseing the premium fee would help as now alot of people with alts will think twice to reprem.

me for example got 7 characters active with premium, 4 of them are just helps, fighter,battery for priest etc and with this extra fee i seriously dont think i will pay for their premium with the 60% increase.

The game is awesome, and those remaining 3 chars will be premium cause i love this game, but for a game that is supposedly 1.0 but according to me, still in beta i dont think increasing the money right now is a good choice, there is still too many mayor bugs out there that should be prioritized first.

I hope you did a serious calculation of this rolf so this wont make the problem even worse, cause i think over half of wurm population got atleast one alt character.

Edited by Zazz
  • Like 3

From that list you provided it doesn't seem like theres any need to increase the cost for premium using silver (paying in-game) I'm guessing there's other things you need to take into account to even consider increasing the cost of prem time in-game.

As someone who pays for prem time in-game I can honestly say it takes alot of time/effort to do it (even with decent skills) so for a newbie it'll be virtually impossible to do it. Hope it stays 10s per month :(

A 5s = 5e and yes a sleeppowder is that.

But nobody here that buys 1 year of premium values 1 hour of sleepbonus to 5 euro, and that's why we are buying it now.

problem is, if you make sleeppowder cheaper, some half-rich person will buy it every hour to grind like crazy, so it has to be this expensive, so it is only used when it is most required.

Agreed. I don't want the price of the powder cheaper than it already is. I was just pointing out that this change, though I agree with it assuming the majority gets re-invested back into the game, has one of the main "perks" causing older, already premium players to kind of lose out on a perk that would cost them much more if they wanted the same said perk.

I dont think Rolf is missing out on much money, only he has the numbers offcourse, but I dont think sleeppowder is sold allot on traders these past years.

He could offcourse use a sort of "referal" code, but for 1hour sleepbonus. So you type "/sbrefer" or something and then type in how many hours of sb you want to activate.

I've bought over 2 gold or close to it in sleep powder the last few months so yes it does sell and people do buy it.

Edited by Protunia

Spring Update coming!

We are also planning the "Spring Update 1.1" in May-June some time. More info will follow shortly but it will contain things such as more new creature models, new music, flower beds and pots, huge improvements to Epic missions and their rewards (dragon eggs, volcano rod or even the Witch or Sorcerer ability anyone?). It all ties in with a game client performance upgrade that we've been working on as well. Come back now and prepare already!

I know this says "more info will follow shortly" but it sounds an awful lot like another here's a big update that has a huge chunk of "only for epic". I know Epic is meant to be special with different features but well...As things stand there's already a large number of creatures (valrei etc) that the freedom cluster/chaos don't ever see. Please don't forget about us over here on freedom and chaos! Really hope these new creature models arn't all just the valrei ones we never see heh.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 12

I've bought over 2 gold in sleep powder the last few months so yes it does sell and people do buy it.

How much of this was purchased with real money?

I wasn't saying Rolf was missing out on money, I was saying the players would be.

How much of this was purchased with real money?

It's all real money in Wurm.....nothing comes in without somebody buying it so do not go there.

If you do not understand that part then now you know money does not grow on trees in Wurm.

Now if we want to get into how and when I spent the $600-700 bucks I have into the game we can.

Edited by Protunia

I wouldn't mind if there was a sleep powder handout every end of the month for whoever bought premium, be it before or after the change. It's a long-term investment and (from my POV) it would only be fair. I know there's arguments against this, but this is my opinion.

Auch unsure.png .

Thank god I got rid of my old oversized Independence deed. Also as red pointed out, with more income, comes more responsibility. I assume everyone takes it for granted that some changes and updates would happen easier and/or faster.

On a more serious thought approach, increasing premium times alone might not have the effect you are seeking. What I would suggest is doing less radical increases and balancing them among features other than Premium time. For example, you could increase the deed cost per month a bit together with premium. This will keep the land cleaner ( really do we need those people holding up 4-5 deeds with huge perimeters ? ) and motivate newcomers to get premium and plant a deed.

Once game silver price increases, so does deed upkeep, as you paying same silvers to upkeep it. In other words for you if you been paying 10s a month upkeep that was 10 euros. now 10s a month upkeep will be 16 euros. You want to increase it even more?

Edited by KaiH
moderation edit
  • Like 2

I wouldn't mind if there was a sleep powder handout every end of the month for whoever bought premium, be it before or after the change. It's a long-term investment and (from my POV) it would only be fair. I know there's arguments against this, but this is my opinion.

I would say only if you paid with cash should this be awarded maybe.....how much sleep powder should you get?

But its probably easier to just start fresh with the accounting and go from there.

Why? because you purchased time at a lower price.

Edited by Protunia

I wasn't saying Rolf was missing out on money, I was saying the players would be.

My mistake, I thought with the "you"s you used, you were refering to Rolf directly XD

In that way, yes, people "kinda" loose money, but then again, I'd rather save real money by repreming before 2nd may, then loosing virtual money by not getting the sleeppowder

Because if you werent planning on ever buying sleeppowder, it doesnt really have any value anyways to you, unless you plan on selling it for ingame coin, to then sell the ingame coin for real money.

I would say only if you paid with cash should this be awarded.

I think that's fair, but not sure if possible to keep track of. I guess we'll find out the full details in the next few days.

For me, even with the increase, Wurm is still half the price and twice the fun of any games I've played in the past as a subscription based model.

• Like 5

I can't remember if it was stated, but if I pay for premium with in-game coin, do I still get the powder? If so, this is another kind of in-balance. Does anyone know how much a trader pays to buy a powder?

Point being, and using guessed, from thin-air numbers for an example...

Buy premium for 10s in game, get powder, sell powder to trader for 2s, my premium is now 8s. 10s = 16E under new pricing, but.... Only now cost me "basically" 14E.. Hope someone sees where I am going with this.

The facts are people will be getting sleep powder in inv and be able to sell that for coin to offset some of the cost.

unless you plan on selling it for ingame coin, to then sell the ingame coin for real money.

Bingo..