Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Newsletter Going Out

Hi, the following newsletter is being sent out now but it takes ages for some reason so I post it here. Also for some reason someone should have received it by now but nobody seems to have so something else may be wrong as well.

In any case, eventually we will get it out and it contains some pretty important news you need so do read the following carefully please.

"Hello dear Wurmian!

There are some interesting changes coming up to Wurm Online that we want to tell you about. First an apology though - it's been too long since the latest newsletter we sent out. We had to reconfigure the service since it used the login server to send emails which turned out to be very slow. Hopefully it works better this time and we can start updating you more often. Anyways, here goes!

Premium and Silver price amendment

Yes, you read that right. Unfortunately, after 7 years since the game went "gold," we have had to take the difficult decision to increase how much we charge for premium accounts and silver coins. From May the 2nd we have to pay VAT in reverse from what we used to. This means that instead of assuming everyone is not from the EU, everyone henceforth will be considered to be from within the EU unless we can prove that they aren't. We usually can't do that since we don't keep any personal information about you on file. Couple this with the weakening of the Euro which means income is lower than it used to be and we have to make adjustments to keep the development of the game on track. I can assure you that this is one of the hardest decisions we have ever had to make as your developers.

We would like to to offer our premium customers an additional bonus to go along with this price increase, so we've decided the following changes will be implemented as of 2nd May CEST onwards:

• Every time you purchase premium, you will also receive one Sleeping Powder per month. These will most probably be added to your inventory immediately.

• Premium characters will have 3% higher chance of creating Supreme and Fantastic items. Rare items are not affected.

• New price for premium will be 8 Euro per month instead of the previous 5 Euro for 5 Silver coins, 16 Euro for 2 months premium or 10 silver coins.

We would like to ensure you that these changes have been strongly considered and we feel this is best for the long-term running of Wurm Online to help us continue to improve the game for you. The consequences of not doing this could result in us having to lay off staff or decrease re-investment in the game. We are confident that those kinds of decisions would be too large a step backwards, based on the progress we have been able to make towards big releases such as Wurm 1.0, thanks to having more full-time staff on-board.

Spring Update coming!

We are also planning the "Spring Update 1.1" in May-June some time. More info will follow shortly but it will contain things such as more new creature models, new music, flower beds and pots, huge improvements to Epic missions and their rewards (dragon eggs, volcano rod or even the Witch or Sorcerer ability anyone?). It all ties in with a game client performance upgrade that we've been working on as well. Come back now and prepare already!

Signing off,

Rolf, on behalf of the whole Wurm Online team."

We haven't decided about the price of premium for ingame silver - all this came up during the afternoon when I talked to my accountant and I wanted to get it out as soon as possible. If there is no reason to raise it it should stay at 10 ingame silver for 1 month premium.

• Like 23

Will the cost for paying for prem time in game (using silver coins) be going up, staying the same or will that option just be wiped?

Edit: just seen the bottom of your post. please keep it the same price :)

Edited by Shads

Will the cost for paying for prem time in game (using silver coins) be going up, staying the same or will that option just be wiped?

We still need to fully consider the implications of the change but it could likely stay at 10 silver per month if there is no reason to raise it.

Wiping out the option would be insane.

The '10s' per month cost should stay the same as the ratio to the cost of 1 month of preimum will be the same.

I dont mind the increased price.. i welcome it, in fact. make it 10e so we can get MORE dev done :D

How much will the 1-year subscription be? Will we still get 2 months for free (like we have with the 50euros for 1 year now?)

And does this mean we will receive 12 sleepowders when we subscirbe for 1 year?

Edited by Lycanthropic

We haven't decided about the price of premium for ingame silver - all this came up during the afternoon when I talked to my accountant and I wanted to get it out as soon as possible. If there is no reason to raise it it should stay at 10 ingame silver for 1 month premium.,

New price for premium will be 8 Euro per month instead of the previous 5 Euro or 5 Silver coins, 16 Euro for 2 months premium or 10 silver coins.

in 1 line you say its half the price.. in another line you talk about not raising it.. and keeping it at 10s.

well which is it.. 1 month for 5s or 10s ?

Sad to hear...

Guess I'll stock up on some premium though ;D

Will continue to support the game

As long as you can pay prem with silver, I'm happy. Don't care if its 5, 10 or 16.

The price for premium paid by silvers should go up accordingly. That would cause the silver price to stay the same. Also trader farming should be stopped, time to stop handing out free money.

• Like 23

Love the 3% increase in supreme and fantastic, hope it really makes some magic around ^^

Im just runnin out of premium and the price goes up xD I gotta be faster now

and kill trader farming as wulfgar said. Some people have way too many traders.

Edited by silakka

New price for premium will be 8 Euro per month instead of the previous 5 Euro or 5 Silver coins, 16 Euro for 2 months premium or 10 silver coins.

in 1 line you say its half the price.. in another line you talk about not raising it.. and keeping it at 10s.

well which is it.. 1 month for 5s or 10s ?

If you buy the 1 month sub from the store, it costs 5e for 1 month, or 5e for 5s. It will change to 8e for 1 month or 8e for 5s. So the ratio is the same. If you buy prem time IN game.. it costs 10s currently. Does that help you understand it better?

The price for premium paid by silvers should go up accordingly. That would cause the silver price to stay the same. Also trader farming should be stopped, time to stop handing out free money.

Agreed 100% with both points.

• Like 1

I like the sleep powder addition.

I don't feel the need for the 3% increase on supreme and fantastic items, they should stay as rare as they are now honestly.

Ill still be a paying customer!

I have 6 premium characters, so obviously i will be paying some of those ahead... thats gonna get expensive otherwise :D

How much will the 1-year subscription be? Will we still get 2 months for free (like we have with the 50euros for 1 year now?)

Good question!

Edited by whykillme

I hope you realize that people got alts, not out of the kindness of their heart, but because premium was cheap as dirt. This chance means I prolly won't have two characters on premium constantly, if ever again

• Like 6

Providing the cost of 10s silver outweighs the cost of 1month prem time there's no need to raise the cost of premium using silver. I hope it stays at 10s

• Like 1

Wow, a 60% increase in premium cost? That's pretty drastic. Time to stock up...

• Like 4

Already payed for a year of prem will that cut my time down or just stay as is?

Edit: also would i get my sleep powder or i have to wait to buy prem again

Edited by shadowblasta

It's facinating how old players demand trader-draining to stop, while they most likely drained allot back in the days themselves...

A bit hypocritical

• Like 5

12 months for 80 Euro. Yes you will get all sleeping powders at once. We could probably code some portioning out of them once per month but decided against it.

• Like 4

Time that you have already bought before the 2nd May will not be altered or changed in any way. :)

Edited by Docterchese
  • Like 1

If you're gonna up the price a bit, i'd go to $10 vs $8.

Also, i'd make them traders game owned, but make it that we could resell same items at merchants for whatever price we want.