Sign in to follow this  
Lolabelle

Dragging Sailboats Behind Larger Boats

Would be so nice if they put back in game the ability to drag a sailboat behind the larger boats when you are commander. This was so handy and could truly improve the boat economy.

• Like 4

+1 would be awesome. You could have your main vessel and your expeditionary vessel. Would be great for explorers and travelers.

well just make rowboats pickable and put them in the big boat

Use a rope while on a ship to lead a smaller boat, size of boat should affect what you can drag, caravel being able to pull the biggest ship draggable

+1 At the very least the ability to bring a rowboat along would be great. Whether it was put in inventory, picked up and held, or towed behind. Something would be better than nothing. :)

+1

I have been thinking the same. When you sell a ship, it would be great to tow a boat after you when you deliver the ship.. kinda like a ticket home.

Could use similar code to the code used to hitch horses to carts maybe. +1

Being able to tow rowboats and sailboats behind any boat in general would be great. Bigger boat towing those would be fine, and a sailboat towing a sailboat or a rowboat towing a rowboat isn't too unpractical. So with that adjustment to the idea +1! :D

+1 This would make exploring so much easier and having a handy runabout with you while trading would be so useful.

+1 although I prefer larger ships (cog+) can carry a rowboat or sailboat onboard... Caravel two...

A bump, this is a really simple and good idea, I hate to see it slip through the cracks.

Used to be able to do this back in the day but rolf removed it :(

+1

Would be so nice if they put back in game the ability to drag a sailboat behind the larger boats when you are commander. This was so handy and could truly improve the boat economy.

+1. Does anyone know why this ability was removed? Were there abuses at that time that maybe have been addressed since? I can't think of any possible abuses currently except maybe people being able to haul more at a time than one boat would allow. I'm sure that could be addressed pretty easily. Hmm, or maybe people leaving their towed boats in places they wouldn't ordinarily. Guess that could become a problem if not taken into account Still I like the idea overall.

I miss the days when we could sail and drag a boat behind us. Made stealing so much easier.

I miss the days when we could sail and drag a boat behind us. Made stealing so much easier.

A fix for this would be to restrict the towing of a boat to those who may also command it.

• Like 1

A fix for this would be to restrict the towing of a boat to those who may also command it.

PLEASE

This would need to be implemented so that people could not drag boats across servers unless they own them.

I can go for both enabling carrying of rowboats and the dragging of sailboats by larger vessels.