Sign in to follow this  
Eldurian

Is The Path Of Love Underpowered? Love Vs. Insanity For A Fo Priest

4. Shield of the Gone is pretty good, but the level is insanely hard to achieve so it makes up for it. I think the love path ability is fine at this level, mainly because the other abilities are so great.

That is the thing, level 11 in love path is equally insance as getting level 11 in any other path. Would be nice to get something useful for all that work. :)

Eh, I play HotS and, at least for me, insanity seems very underpowered.

I don't need to use clean wounds because I never fight people who use RT, and I can just absorb mycelium anyways.

Fill is actually a negative. I have 99% constant nutrition and food, so using it destroys my nutrition. I never really need this unless I decided to raid a home server for an entire day and we run out of meals.

The random teleport is the only reason I would go insanity, but you can't use it during PVP which is the only time I would ever use it....

Shield of the Gone is pretty good, but why would I want to wait so long for this buff when I can get even better buffs with Path of Hate months sooner?

Edited by Aflacduck

IMO the Love path is the best for players who don't want to grind mediating past 30

Refresh is 99% nutrition, food and water, as well as a Stamina refresh.

I have found the refresh extremely useful, especially when needing the stamina in swimming or climbing situations.

Enchant grass is great for horse pens, and the enchanted trees can be used as an anti griefing tool, as well as to ensure dirtwalls have difficulty being flattened in a raid.

EG you could travel to deeds casting genesis, and offer a free enchant grass with orders of 5 horses or more.

• Like 1

In my opinion, the thing about meditation paths is that you can't really compare them with eachother. They're all just completely different and have entirely different purposes, so you should choose the one that fits your needs the most. I don't think you should make your gameplay decisions based on seems best RP-wise or you will just make the game less fun for yourself.

OK, your opinion is considered by many to be valid, but is not shared by all.

IMO, any Player that does NOT make ingame character skill and activity decisions based on what seems good RP-wise is in fact missing the point of playing a MMORPG to begin with. This is fundementaly why I seem to disagree with how most Players "play" Wurm. RP doesn't factor into their decisions at all, and I am convinced it should.

@Eldurian... It seems to me after reading your post that you care at least partially for what is or is not roleplay worthy as far as how you develop you character. If that is how you have fun playing Wurm, then cool. If I am wrong and you don't care that much about RP, then play it however you find it fun for YOU. There are many ways to play Wurm and almost all are "valid". Even though I may not agree with how BrQQQ plays Wurm, his way is as much "valid" as mine is.

p.s.: I have also considered making my character Kyrmius a Fo Priest, and when I thought about which Meditation Path to pursue I too was wondering whether Love or Insanity would be better. Good Thread Idea and thanks.

Edited by Kyrmius
  • Like 1

I choose Insanity simply for shield of the gone. I don't care for any of the other perks no matter how good or crappy they are ( mostly crappy :) )

I'm now almost 61 med so I'll eventually get what I've been after.

Edited by Brunwulf