Sign in to follow this  
Keldun

Enchanted Grass Turning Into Grass Again?

Yesterday I noticed this.

I had put a cart with two horses in a pen with enchanted grass, when I took them out the next morning they were standing on regular grass.

I heard some people describing similar.

Afaik Horses are only supposed to pack enchanted grass, but there should be no mechanism to turn it back into grass at all.

There was a bug like that a while ago that destroyed about half the enchanted grass on the server, so I'm afraid something similar is happening again, even though at a slower speed.

There are also a lot of people reporting that they feel enchanted grass gets packed too fast. That might actually not be the case, but instead the grass looses the enchanted due to the bug and then gets packed before people notice.

Edited by Keldun

Hmm, I've seen them pack or turn into dirt enchanted grass. Turning into dirt is when they eat it a lot, packing is when they stand on it for a long time and usually with more than one animal?

In theory, it could've been eaten down to dirt but have respawned as a grass tile. Unlikely though.

Couldnt it theoretically disenchant the tile, then then animal pack it from eating?

Couldnt it theoretically disenchant the tile, then then animal pack it from eating?

Yes as I said, that could be why people see so much packing, but the point here is the disenchanting shouldn't happen in the first place.

As Docterchese pointed out it could have happened the other way round: packed or eaten and regrown, but that is very unlikely to happen over night.

We need more observation on this.

Lost 4 tiles of enchanted grass over night! Two were packed, and two are back to normal grass. Something has to be done this is ridiculous! :wacko:

Normal grass is packing way too fast also. Even in a real giant field I have with just a handful of animals in it I have to replant about half a dozen tiles every day now - they should pack none at all, with such a small number in such a gigantic field (about a dozen if that in a field of roughly 65x20...). This also might work through in a wrong rate for enchanted grass too.

Rolf changed Enchanted Grass some months ago. It no longer lasts forever.

Rolf changed Enchanted Grass some months ago. It no longer lasts forever.

I think everyone here realizes that. The problem we are reporting is an excessive packing of enchanted grass, as well as enchanted grass turning back into normal grass.

I've seen several e-grass tiles go back to normal, and then get packed by animals. I've always thought that was the intention. (i.e. A fenced in area that has no animals would, over time, revert from e-grass to normal.)