Sign in to follow this  
Dashiva

[2009-02-09] New test client 2.5.4.1118 and 2.5.5.1551

Fullscreen takes control over the entire screen, which affects alt-tabbing, color depth, resolution, etc. Maximized is just a very big window. You can still get the old maximized behavior by simply clicking the maximize button in a regular JOGL+AWT window.

I used to do that before i found the maximize option. Please add a new option almost maximized then. I have never seen a program where maximized is fullscreen.

Cant use archery on testserver. Says you need to weild the bow, the bow only fits in the left hand and can't be fired.

This client is pretty awesome! When's it getting released for the main server? :D

Heh, that's strange... After I tried out the test client my "Update Failed" problem was solved. I guess maybe it was something with the base.jar and optional5.jar I had. The client was kind enough to let me know so I could download them manually. Thanks! :)

By the way, how do I get those skill and friends tabs? Is there a chat command or something?

Heh, that's strange... After I tried out the test client my "Update Failed" problem was solved. I guess maybe it was something with the base.jar and optional5.jar I had. The client was kind enough to let me know so I could download them manually. Thanks! :)

By the way, how do I get those skill and friends tabs? Is there a chat command or something?

Skill tab is in the game settings. Friends tab appears when you have friends.

I had two emotes options in the right click menu....

And I also experienced flashyness at night.

Holy...

Sod Quickfixes, this is a full PATCH!

EPic Good Job to you Dashiva, Reputation with MattyK has increased by 50%

Fixed in next release.

(Everything in the GUI is still there, it just isn't drawn while the player is dead.)

When is it getting "released?"  :-*

Now that the blockers are mostly gone, I expect we'll return to the old schedule of a new test client every Monday.

Hmm, i hope you don't mind me asking, but are there any plans for ally chats in the near future?

Hmm, i hope you don't mind me asking, but are there any plans for ally chats in the near future?

I encourage everyone who wants alliance chat to study the principles of wireless networking.

Also, server issue. :)

Strange... I was on the test server with JOGL and had lag. (Happens frequently lately) I relogged into test with LWJGL, and got the flashing grass thing. I re-logged again with JOGL again, and it was still flashing at me. The issue just appeared for no apparent reason. Not sure if it matters, but it was night ingame when this appeared.

EDIT: Well, it's dusk and the terrain stopped flashing.

Crashed while exiting Rolf's fine corbita.

Also, Lava Fiends dont render their flames.

Unfortunately, the Wurm Online client crashed. The error was: <null>

It's possible you might figure out what's wrong from the log file below, but if you can't, post the full log on the wurm online forums, and someone else might be able to help you.

Contents of console.log:
Time is Wed Feb 11 15:29:11 EST 2009
Running client version 2.5.4-1118, testclient=true

=== System information ===
Operating system: Windows XP (arch: x86, version: 5.1)
Java version: 1.6.0_07
Java vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. (http://java.sun.com/)
Available CPUs: 1

Exception in thread "Wurm SonarSoundEngine Thread" java.lang.NullPointerException
at class.at.a(SourceFile:82)
at class.em.a(SourceFile:145)
at class.hm.run(SourceFile:338)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
====== CLIENT CRASH ======
null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at class.at.a(SourceFile:100)
at class.em.a(SourceFile:110)
at class.hm.b(SourceFile:244)
at com.wurmonline.client.q.a(SourceFile:387)
at com.wurmonline.client.q.f(SourceFile:231)
at com.wurmonline.client.u.run(SourceFile:153)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

if you logged in near a lava spider or lava fiend it will not render the flames, it may be somthing else that causes this but thats how it's happend to me when i had my 'infinate lighting'.

When do we get to change options ingame, even if its limited to certain options?

You already can really, just that's a bit more of a hassle then just change a slider/dropdown selection. Use "dump options" to see all available options (some doesn't work) and use "setoption <option name> <setting>".

When do we get to change options ingame, even if its limited to certain options?

You already can really, just that's a bit more of a hassle then just change a slider/dropdown selection. Use "dump options" to see all available options (some doesn't work) and use "setoption <option name> <setting>".

Thanks  ;D

Dashiva, would it be possible to have key-bind for going in half-rendering mode with every other line black instead of having rendering on it ? (for playing on slow machines), in theory it would reduce the hardware req by half leaving the game still playable on older hardwares or with higher other options enabled.

V

Dashiva, would it be possible to have key-bind for going in half-rendering mode with every other line black instead of having rendering on it ? (for playing on slow machines), in theory it would reduce the hardware req by half leaving the game still playable on older hardwares or with higher other options enabled.

V

If you have fillrate problems, the best solution is to use fullscreen and lower resolution.

Is it possible to make option to combine skill, event and combat window into one?