Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Prog shows error and Initializing window Close error but Initializing could't close and just hanging on top of all windows

so I cant use Deed Planne in Ubuntu:

[2017-10-04 23:42:56] Error has occurred!
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java version: 1.8.0_144
DeedPlanner 2.8.9
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.Arrays.stream(Arrays.java:5004)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.Loading.lambda$new$32(Loading.java:35)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

solution from terminal: java -jar DeedPlanner.jar
Edited by DeNafig

Using DeedPlanner 2.8.9:

I found some missing tile types (fields) which would be nice to have

- tab ground: missing field type carrots

- tab ground: missing natural terrain kelp and reed

Also not sure whether you have influence on the original game (you are in credits) but some crop types in game use different icons than you used in DeedPlanner (all of them use the icon for barley). These types are rye and oat. WO should use your icons instead! Yes seriously!

Edited by Wyndolm

So far this program has saved me a LOT of trial and error.  Though I'd like to ask if there any ETA on "Added "Import heights from game" height edition mode"?  This would make my planning life a lot easier on WU on a 60x60 deed.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Katorone said:

So far this program has saved me a LOT of trial and error.  Though I'd like to ask if there any ETA on "Added "Import heights from game" height edition mode"?  This would make my planning life a lot easier on WU on a 60x60 deed.

Thanks!

If you have your own deed in WU, you can use already existing in-game option to go to your village token (you must be a mayor) and export your whole deed and perimeter to DeedPlanner.

Can I get some help using the height function? Mostly, I was hoping there's a way to set the height for the whole floor, so I don't have to go tile by tile and change it from the default of 5 to 1 (for cave level). Also, is the lowest level you can't drink from 1 or 0?

Edit: I was able to get a workaround going to finish the project, but it seems as though this feature is not working as intended or I just have no idea how to use it (totally possible). I was able to set the height of my village by using the 'Set height' option, setting the 'Set (LMB)' field to the desired height, setting the other fields to 0, and clicking and dragging around the area I wanted to set. To adjust the height on the non-flat parts of my village, I had to do the math outside of the program and set the 'Set (LMB)' to the new desired height and clicking on the appropriate corner (still in the 'Set height' option). all of the other options seemed to just set the height of the tiles to 1

Edited by Wort

I downloaded the latest version and I cannot get it to open...It does nothing... lol help.. please

Just small thing.

image.jpg

There are places with such high slopes. Would be nice if we could see full 4-digit number.

Thanks

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but the icons on the left and right arch wall types do not match up with how it is placed in the planner. 

Edit: well i guess it is relative to what direction you are looking at it from, lol

Edited by Kegan

Hello!

Have had this working in the past but now when I click on the DeedPlanner.jar file it simply pops up a cmd prompt window quickly then shuts down.

Software guy myself so I checked what I could in the EventLogs or for error files and nothing.  Trying to run this with javaws results in error likely because it's not meant to run jnlp.

Wurm runs fine on this version of Java which just updated to 8 update 151 I believe and this is Windows 10 x64 bit OS and Java offline downloads.

Just hoping it's something I'm doing and literally this is a new, fresh install of Windows 10 as my prior installation was an update from Win7 that finally broke after the last Creator Update.

I can do high level diagnostics if needed; just let me know what to do and try and I'll give it a shot.

java version "1.8.0_151"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)
C:\DeedPlanner 2.8.9>Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-b12)
Error: Could not find or load main class (TM)

Thanks!

~Ictinike

Just after posting this I tried checking what the 'Open With..' settings were for .JAR and seems it was associated to an old path, the old uninstalled version path, of the prior Java which was no longer there.

I am unsure if the update 151 did not clean up properly these in Win10 but looking at the file extensions I was able to choose to Open With a specific app and then chose the 'other'  'Java(TM) Platform SE Binary' that was listed in the dropdown and it loaded properly.

Again, my guess is the prior 'update' from earlier version to 8 update 151 did NOT clean up the associations properly (a think with Java as I have had in the past) but going to the Win10 'Open With..' and file extensions portion of Control Panel and choosing them both, only to find the one that DID work, was my quick solution.  Below is an image in Win10 of where these settings are..

aPYnMY3.jpg

nCeE0uG.jpg

Love love love the program.  A few questions...

In 2d View,,once I make my place so big, how do I scroll, or reset center or anything of the sort.  I constantly run out off the view,,have to zoom out, then I dont have the focus on teh right tile then with the proper zoom.  Might be missing something here.

2d View again.  It seems the Levels bleed through to one another, anyway to have that not happen, if I check some box or something?  If Im planning level 2, most times I want to see ONLY level 2.

Cant think of anything more, great work in deed.

Middle mouse button (usually holding scroll wheel) can be used to drag the map around, focusing the planner window and using wasd works too. When it comes to levels bleeding - that's intended behavior, no way to toggle it so far but I might add it in a future.

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

Middle mouse button (usually holding scroll wheel) can be used to drag the map around, focusing the planner window and using wasd works too. When it comes to levels bleeding - that's intended behavior, no way to toggle it so far but I might add it in a future.

Thx for the info and consideration Warlander again Great job.

I can't load new exports from my very large deed.

I can load a export from October, but not a current one.

Spoiler

[2017-11-29 14:12:13] Error has occurred!
DeedPlanner 2.8.9
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.util.GZIPCompression.isCompressed(GZIPCompression.java:50)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.parseMap(Map.java:67)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow.loadManager(LoadWindow.java:27)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow.fileButtonActionPerformed(LoadWindow.java:176)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow.access$400(LoadWindow.java:15)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow$5.actionPerformed(LoadWindow.java:84)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

18 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I can't load new exports from my very large deed.

I can load a export from October, but not a current one.

Reveal hidden contents

[2017-11-29 14:12:13] Error has occurred!
DeedPlanner 2.8.9
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.util.GZIPCompression.isCompressed(GZIPCompression.java:50)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.parseMap(Map.java:67)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow.loadManager(LoadWindow.java:27)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow.fileButtonActionPerformed(LoadWindow.java:176)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow.access$400(LoadWindow.java:15)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.LoadWindow$5.actionPerformed(LoadWindow.java:84)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Could I ask for link or file please? (either in this thread or via PM)

My java is out of date. I'll update and it it's still a issue get you a link to my deedplanner export

Well I found the problem. I run my mayor in the low memory wurm client.

Exporting from that client creates a 0kb export file. Exporting from the wurm stable client creates a file that I can use.
(Exporting from stable client sometimes creats a 0kb file aslo.)

I did also update my java. But the files that I was trying to open where 0kb files.

DeedPlanner 2.8.10 released! Changes:

• Added Google Analytics to monitor the program usage and potential problems
  • Added update notifier and auto-updater
  • Added few quality of life minor features to bridge creation GUI and improved its layout
  • Added flat and uneven tiles highlighting in height edition mode
  • Added carrot and reed fields (big thanks to Malena! :))
  • Added archaeology statues
  • Made HOTA statues subcategory of statues to reduce visual clutter
  • Fixed "select height" height mode and made it work for flat tiles
  • Fixed arched bridges arching slope not being updated bug

Sorry that this release took so long - I need to finish my engineering thesis before second half of January, so most of time I reserve for development time goes into it. :)

Also... Program have update notifier and auto-updater now, so it finally includes all features that were present in first iteration of the program. (better late than never, right?)

One small fact - DeedPlanner 2.8.9 was downloaded 2181 times.

Link to this release: https://github.com/Warlander/DeedPlanner-2/releases/tag/v2.8.10

• Like 6

Several interesting facts I can share after first 5 days thanks to analytics:

• most program users are from USA (over half), then UK, Australia, Canada and Russia
  • On average, between 18 and 21 users use latest DeedPlanner version daily, 60 users used the 2.8.10 version since its release
  • On average, there are between 1 and 4 active users at the same time depending on hour
  • Average time spent by single user in program is 28 minutes - for Australia, 1 hour and 2 minutes
  • Cave planning is almost never used together with surface planning, separate plans are used for both. Height editing for caves seems to be rarely used most likely due to it being too unintuitive
  • Height editing is usually used only for small changes, rarely for complete terrain overhaul - suggests that it's difficult to edit large parts of terrain in 2d and/or most maps are exported from game
  • Animals are rarely used, but when they are used their usage is extensive
  • Planning usually starts by changing ground, and then cycling between setting walls and floors until part of a plan is ready to add objects and other details to it, then the process is repeated in another part of the map
  • A LOT of people used latest version just to check new archaeology statues. :)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Warlander said:

Cave planning is almost never used together with surface planning, separate plans are used for both.

There is a reason for that, of course! ;)

3 hours ago, Warlander said:

Height editing is usually used only for small changes, rarely for complete terrain overhaul - suggests that it's difficult to edit large parts of terrain in 2d and/or most maps are exported from game

I really like DeedPlanner for laying out buildings or small areas, and sometimes for creating a section and seeing how it would look in general before building it in game.  I have to agree based on my experience that editing terrain heights on anything but a small area isn't particularly easy.  If you're zoomed in enough to see what you're doing, it takes a ton of dragging the map around to cover an area.  If you're zoomed out far enough to work on a decent sized part of the deed, it's entirely too easy to have a small mouse movement mean you're changing the height in the wrong place.

I also find the colors of the grid lines which represent altitude to be difficult to parse well as I'm working.  I find myself instead slowly sliding the mouse over every single tile in my current spot to make sure it's at the right height and slopes.

DeedPlanner is still a great tool and I find it very useful.  It's helped me figure out problems in my designs before I started building in-game on more than one occasion, as well as letting me experiment to find more interesting designs.

• Like 1

I am trying to map out a HUGE tunnel for a HWY project I am working on, Can this prog do Huge underground maps?

7 hours ago, LumpyGravy said:

I am trying to map out a HUGE tunnel for a HWY project I am working on, Can this prog do Huge underground maps?

Max map size is 1000X1000, as long as it fits in this size it should, saved map will be pretty huge through.

Love this! Thank you!

How do I do caves with it? Cannot find anything...