Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Small PSA:

As Oracle (Java owners) are phasing out client-side Java versions (JRE's) and all other related technologies very soon, starting with next DeedPlanner version I will start bundling the application as platform-dependent executables. This won't change anything in the program, but please keep in mind that download size will suddenly become much larger and running the program might trigger false AV alarms.

Wow, just noticed another large donation - huge thanks for early Christmas gift and I'm glad you are enjoying the program! :)

Would you please post some instructions for raising/lowering/setting heights in the sub-layers (mines)? I've somehow managed to create a mine, and I figured out how to build in it, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to expand the open space in the mine beyond what I've already created.

All insight would be greatly appreciated. :)

Do you mean the height between floor and ceiling?

If yes, then look at the dots instead of lines - they indicate height of the cave in given corner. Once you switch from "Height" to "Size" edit layer, you can modify cave size in the same way as you modify height both below and above ground.

Moving mouse over the corner of any tile also shows info about cave size, it's visible on the bottom of application window.

Thanks for the info. I never noticed the height and cave size info at the bottom. I also figured out my main problem: I didn't realize (or remember) I have to put down a floor to open a tile. Just for future reference, cave size is the height between the floor and ceiling, and height is the distance above or below water, correct?

I do have another, related question. Is there a way to lower the cave size on one side of a tile so it is the same height as the floor, so as to accurately simulate the cave/mine opening? It seems to default as Cave Size 30 for all corners. Right now my openings just look like a solid cube. 

9 hours ago, Alendhor said:

Just for future reference, cave size is the height between the floor and ceiling, and height is the distance above or below water, correct?

Correct.

9 hours ago, Alendhor said:

I do have another, related question. Is there a way to lower the cave size on one side of a tile so it is the same height as the floor, so as to accurately simulate the cave/mine opening? It seems to default as Cave Size 30 for all corners. Right now my openings just look like a solid cube. 

Hmm... From what I remember currently it's impossible. There is assumption that cave tile must have any height, but I will lower the limit to 1 to make openings look as close as possible to how they should look like. (also gives me idea that I should implement the actual cave doors)

• Like 1

DeedPlanner 2.9.7 released! Changes:

• Dynamic line drawing extended to user-made borders
  • Changed limit of cave size from 30 to 0, allowing to create mine entrances
  • Added mine entrances
  • Updated mine entrance textures

This is first release with bundled JRE and executable file for Windows - please keep in mind that AV programs might want to scan it on a first run.

DeedPlanner 2.9.8 released! Changes:

• Changed way in which .exe file is generated in order to avoid false positives of few AV programs

Small update without any new features/bugfixes. Executable file in DeedPlanner 2.9.7 was triggering some AV programs, so I decided to change way in which I'm generating it.

Previously, it was one-line .bat file converted to .exe using Windows built-in tool. Currently I'm using small C++ application I written myself.

Old .exe: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/19609a5a91cc518cdc8f98a34e01dc86eb778772dbecb1e0e4bd2a104a257c1b/detection

New .exe without icon: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/9ff14c5c77cb855f69c7eb36489f230ae8db77cd8ad9306724d8a0af516e05c5/detection

New .exe with icon: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/a837d556ba9ccba8577e696db22e9a69fa664cf58740b554c14881cc312097ab/detection

It looks much better now, but I'm still trying to figure out why just adding icon makes .exe look more dangerous according to some AV. :huh:

@WarlanderI really wish you'd enable issues on GitHub. It's a bit frustrating trying to fix areas of DeedPlanner without the ability to really propose them.

JavaFX is missing as a maven dependency, therefore builds will fail.

<dependency>
    <groupId>com.javafx</groupId>
    <artifactId>scenario</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.1</version>
</dependency>

In the pom.xml will fix this. I would have created a pull request for this, but alas.

I enabled GitHub issues. :)

DeedPlanner is using Swing for its GUI and don't have any dependency on JavaFX for this purpose, so that's interesting. Did I used JavaFX dependent code somewhere?

Hmm... I used wrong class in this location, I will replace these calls with proper ones and remove dependency. :)

Edit: done. I still use Java 8 both as development Java version and JRE currently bundled with program, which is probably why I didn't noticed missing dependency.

On Linux, so I tend to swap Java version quite regularly. Especially for Wurm stuff which loves the proprietary Oracle stuff.

I love this app so much, I'm wondering in future would it be possible to see a screenshot function within the app itself? I also vaguely remember a few years ago this used to have different seasons available to view the deed in, and possibly times of day (I may have made up that last bit, not sure if its a real memory or an old wish...lol). I'd love to see those come back (or come in if I've made them up completely).

Keep up the great work :)

3 hours ago, Ehizellbob said:

I love this app so much, I'm wondering in future would it be possible to see a screenshot function within the app itself? I also vaguely remember a few years ago this used to have different seasons available to view the deed in, and possibly times of day (I may have made up that last bit, not sure if its a real memory or an old wish...lol). I'd love to see those come back (or come in if I've made them up completely).

Keep up the great work :)

Screenshot feature is something I would like to add sooner rather than later, it was one of the reasons why I recently reworked cameras in the program (the other one being adding isometric view).

Program never had day cycle (or lightning system at all), there was a possibility to view deed in various seasons, through. There were seasons, but I removed them in one of earlier 2.x versions due to being very rarely used while needing lots of maintenance to keep the database up to date. I might re-add them together with adding a lightning system if I will ever make a 3.0 version, but I don't plan working on them in 2.x versions. :)

Some time ago I made a small prototype:

Ec5A8Vv.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Screenshot feature is something I would like to add sooner rather than later, it was one of the reasons why I recently reworked cameras in the program (the other one being adding isometric view).

Oh that's great to hear, looking forward to it! 

I can see why you'd not add those/ took them out, shame because that looks beautiful but nevermind :) I can always use my imagination :D

Small post-Christmas progress report - multi-camera system and new GUI! :)

(it's not the same prototype you see in one of posts above, it was made many years ago so I decided it's better to start from scratch)

6ftQbSG.png

Multi-camera system is already functional and reacts to input, but still needs few extra GUI elements to have more control over it.

Possible camera configurations are:

• 1 big screen (default and the only one available now)
  • 2 vertical screens
  • 2 horizontal screens
  • 4 small screens
  • 1 wide screen on top and 2 small on bottom
  • 1 wide screen on bottom and 2 small on top

What do you think about new GUI look? :) Obviously there is still a lot of work to do on it, but I will keep all remaining interface elements in the same style.

• Like 2

Hi, 

Was wondering if you can tell me how to add a second floor to a building. Or point me to a manual so i can figure out how to use deed planner. thx a bunch.

Hello,

Assuming you use one of newer versions (like current 2.9.8) you can switch floor to edit using number buttons on right side of the screen, between the deed view and rest of the interface. After you are on second floor, you can put walls, floors and objects there.

On 12/30/2018 at 6:04 AM, Warlander said:

Small post-Christmas progress report - multi-camera system and new GUI! :)

(it's not the same prototype you see in one of posts above, it was made many years ago so I decided it's better to start from scratch)

6ftQbSG.png

Multi-camera system is already functional and reacts to input, but still needs few extra GUI elements to have more control over it.

Possible camera configurations are:

• 1 big screen (default and the only one available now)
  • 2 vertical screens
  • 2 horizontal screens
  • 4 small screens
  • 1 wide screen on top and 2 small on bottom
  • 1 wide screen on bottom and 2 small on top

What do you think about new GUI look? :) Obviously there is still a lot of work to do on it, but I will keep all remaining interface elements in the same style.

WHY cant I like this more than once?! This is amazing! 

Edited by Enuf

15 minutes ago, Enuf said:

WHY cant I like this more than once?! This is amazing! 

Current progress:

0Shdkvx.png

• Like 4

Thanks for making this excellent game, I play it more than Wurm sometimes.

• Like 2

I am having a problem opening a file saved today form Wurm online. All my old files (from 2017) are opening fine but the one from today gives me errors and says that it may need a global height add in order to correct the water level on the map. I am no where near the water on this map so I am not sure what it wants. Here is a screenshot of the error messages. https://imgur.com/a/6JRWnqB  

UPDATE: Apparently I did not have my Deep Planner updated to the proper version. I now have version 2.9.8 and the file opened. Thank you for your time.

Thank you     

Edited by Silencia
solved

Looks like corrupted save file, could you post it here or in private message please? I will see if I can fix it.

Edit: case solved: 

Hello Warlander

I'm trying to understand the Height editing part. what does Set (LMB) and Set (RMB) mean?

Thanks Ozark