Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

DeedPlanner 2.9.5 released! Changes:

• Fixed non-editable text fields in object search field and label editor
  • Fixed colored labels failing to reset their color to default value after drawing
  • Fixed invalid OpenGL call in label rendering
  • Like 1

An idea for a future improvement:

A checkmark for enabling or disabling the trees from view.

A lot of times I find like I have to delete the trees just to decorate or build. Then I have to add them again to get an overall picture.

3 hours ago, Malena said:

An idea for a future improvement:

A checkmark for enabling or disabling the trees from view.

A lot of times I find like I have to delete the trees just to decorate or build. Then I have to add them again to get an overall picture.

It's in the program already: "View > Trees". Next to this option there are few similar ones, too.

4 minutes ago, Warlander said:

It's in the program already: "View > Trees". Next to this option there are few similar ones, too.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!! ❤️❤️❤️

And I love how there are so many options too Warlander! Very handy to have it so it's visible in 3D but not in 2D. PERFECT!

You are welcome. :)

I got idea for this exact feature from personal program usage - there are lots of trees on my deed I want to keep as integral part of deed, but they kept making the planning difficult, so this was the easiest and most logical solution of the problem.

Also, used the occasion to finally update screenshots on the main page. (thanks for GUI suggestions again!)

8 hours ago, Warlander said:

You are welcome. :)

I got idea for this exact feature from personal program usage - there are lots of trees on my deed I want to keep as integral part of deed, but they kept making the planning difficult, so this was the easiest and most logical solution of the problem.

Also, used the occasion to finally update screenshots on the main page. (thanks for GUI suggestions again!)

Exactly yeah, how have I not noticed that!

And my pleasure! The new buttons for sections and for floor levels were just a crazy idea in imagination, but glad to see they actually do help through your implementation. Team work! *high fives*

Edited by Malena

Wow. Deedplanner has always been amazing.. but I come back from a 6-12month break and it's like a totally different program. Cannot thank you enough for this tool! ❤️

• Like 1

Thanks, this wouldn't be possible without so much feedback and suggestions this program have received over the years. :)

Are there any interesting features someone would like to see being added, or annoying things being changed/fixed? At this point I'm having problems finding anything I could reasonably change in the program - there are few larger features mentioned on top of changelog in first topic that I would like to add sooner or later, through.

@WarlanderA few small ideas from me:

• Could you make it so pressing enter after you type in the height text inputs makes them lose focus and return it to the map, so you can type a number, hit enter, and straight away use WASD to move around? Currently you have to pick a different button and swap back to height again to reset the focus. Or maybe there's a better way to handle that, like WASD always moves the map even if the focus is on those height inputs, because you never need to type letters in those.
  • An option to toggle visibility of border lines would be really handy, I use them a lot but they can get a bit messy covering up the map. 

29 minutes ago, Substr said:

@WarlanderA few small ideas from me:

• Could you make it so pressing enter after you type in the height text inputs makes them lose focus and return it to the map, so you can type a number, hit enter, and straight away use WASD to move around? Currently you have to pick a different button and swap back to height again to reset the focus. Or maybe there's a better way to handle that, like WASD always moves the map even if the focus is on those height inputs, because you never need to type letters in those.
  • An option to toggle visibility of border lines would be really handy, I use them a lot but they can get a bit messy covering up the map. 

I will take a look at height text inputs, and when it comes to border lines - I recently added change to address that especially when zooming out, are they still too noticeable?

They're not too bad, it's just I use them for all sorts of things like measuring some distance or marking rough areas, often with the bright colours, so it would be nice to be able to just hide / show  all at times.

Hey Warlander!

Since you asked... ;)

No. 1 on my personal wishlist is still the 2-dimensional integration of the underground (cave) layer with the surface layers!

We already talked about it. What I have in mind is the same kind of tile linkage that Wurm Army Knife had:

- Caves and ground layer are linked via tunnel entrances

- Cave tile coordinates correspond to surface tile coordinates like they would in the "real" Wurm world

- It would also be very useful to have a function that "projects" the cave layer onto the surface layer (for example as a semi-transparent overlay in 2D mode) , so you can see how caves are linked with the surface topography.

And, once we have that, we would need the deed export function to export the cave layer along with the surface layers!

(I admit that for now - while I love using DP for all my deed planning - I still use the ancient WAK to model my mines and to be able to see how they are linked with my deeds. ?)

BTW: It seems mine entrances are still not exported from the client.

Thank you once again for an awesome and extremely useful tool. Keep up the excellent work!

@Substrthis feature already exists as setting, I think it would make more sense to move it to "View" menu, through.

@YagaOverlay idea sounds interesting and doable with how DeedPlanner renders stuff currently. Cave tile coordinates are always the same as surface coordinates, as technically caves and surface are both parts of the same tile. I will think about tunnel entrances, but this should be possible as well.

Unfortunately, exporting caves from Wurm is technically impossible with how it's done currently.

DeedPlanner 2.9.6 released! Changes:

• Confirming new values in height editor (with "tab" or "enter") returns focus to map panel
  • Made label editor buttons always clickable (especially the map materials button)
  • Made "show grid" toggleable from View menu instead of Settings window
  • Made floor orientation label significantly more clear and visible
  • Made materials window wrap words
  • Fixed current selection displaying for simple height edition modes

@WarlanderThanks for the update! I think there was a little misunderstanding what I meant on my border lines idea - I was meaning the lines you can manually draw under the "Borders" section ?

On 10/13/2018 at 9:03 AM, Substr said:

@WarlanderThanks for the update! I think there was a little misunderstanding what I meant on my border lines idea - I was meaning the lines you can manually draw under the "Borders" section ?

I added this feature to development version already, will publish the next official version once there will be enough changes to justify releasing a new version.

Looks like this (at close, average and far zoom):

a6wAJPf.png

RxA0jGt.png

wsGZFTx.png

I can fiddle with alpha values if it's too strong/too weak, looks pretty decent for me already through.

I have downloaded DeedPlanner but I get an error when I run it.  Here is the error report that it gives.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

[2018-10-22 23:52:21] Error has occurred!
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java version: 1.8.0_181
DeedPlanner 2.9.6
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.util.jogl.GLInit.sendGpuCapabilities(GLInit.java:70)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.graphics.GraphicsLoop.init(GraphicsLoop.java:42)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.reshape(GLDrawableHelper.java:677)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.reshape(GLDrawableHelper.java:698)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$Updater.display(GLJPanel.java:1209)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$8.run(GLJPanel.java:1269)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:1119)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:994)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$OffscreenBackend.doPaintComponent(GLJPanel.java:1777)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel.paintComponent(GLJPanel.java:545)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.GraphicsCallback$PaintCallback.run(Unknown Source)
    at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runOneComponent(Unknown Source)
    at sun.awt.SunGraphicsCallback.runComponents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.paint(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.paint(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1200(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Hmm... That's pretty interesting error, what's your GPU? For some reason DeedPlanner seems to be unable to detect your OpenGL graphics capabilities, can't really figure out more just looking at this trace through.

Can you merge together 2 different plan with load by code? I copy code from another plan and tried load by code, but nothing happen.

4 minutes ago, monsterix said:

Can you merge together 2 different plan with load by code? I copy code from another plan and tried load by code, but nothing happen.

No such functionality so far. There is one tool made by Yaga which might be able to do what you want, through: 

Thanks, seems it doesnt work with latest deedplanner map or doesnt open that.

Gud'morning Warlander,   Saturday,  October 27th, 2018 @ 12:33 UTC

Every time I try to reuse this program, which usually usually once a year, it is a 100% frustrating, tearing the hair out experience, to try and puzzle out how to Move the map to where I want to Zoom In and add a new building or what ever.

I want to us Deed Planner, but I dread the frustration I am going have to go thru to relearn how to move the 2d Map view to where i want to add something to the map.  I have tried every key combo possible and can not get it to Zoom In anywhere but the bottom Left.  There are no slider bars to move the map around to where I want to view at high magnification.

One should not have to go yelling for help in the forums or in game, to get re taught how to move map across the screen when one is at high magnification, every time I want to use this product (which is usually once a year for the past six years).

Please, Please, after 6 years of waiting for it, Can you please Add basic "How To Use Documentation" to a Tab at the top left.

Moving the 2d map is NOT intuitive, NOT easy to figure out, and darn frustrating.

Thank you for your time and trouble in correcting this deficiency.

Kindest regards!

Hughmongus

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

5 hours ago, HughMongus said:

Gud'morning Warlander,   Saturday,  October 27th, 2018 @ 12:33 UTC

Every time I try to reuse this program, which usually usually once a year, it is a 100% frustrating, tearing the hair out experience, to try and puzzle out how to Move the map to where I want to Zoom In and add a new building or what ever.

I want to us Deed Planner, but I dread the frustration I am going have to go thru to relearn how to move the 2d Map view to where i want to add something to the map.  I have tried every key combo possible and can not get it to Zoom In anywhere but the bottom Left.  There are no slider bars to move the map around to where I want to view at high magnification.

One should not have to go yelling for help in the forums or in game, to get re taught how to move map across the screen when one is at high magnification, every time I want to use this product (which is usually once a year for the past six years).

Please, Please, after 6 years of waiting for it, Can you please Add basic "How To Use Documentation" to a Tab at the top left.

Moving the 2d map is NOT intuitive, NOT easy to figure out, and darn frustrating.

Thank you for your time and trouble in correcting this deficiency.

Kindest regards!

Hughmongus

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

You can move the map with WASD keys and/or drag using middle mouse button (usually mouse wheel). I understand your frustration (there are no usage instruction for 2.x versions built-in anywhere), Unfortunately due to technical reasons there is no easy way to add usage tutorial built into the program, but I will list all default keybinds and how to change them in the opening post in a moment.