Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

1.1|
147 76
H 0 0 -40
H 0 1 -40
H 0 2 -40
etc....

I think the issue is the pipe ( | ) mark ?

Edited by Bullbrand

New version (DeedPlanner 2) can't load old saves - this will be possible later.

DeedPlanner 2 ALPHA 3 released!

*deleted*

did you update the OP with the link to this version download? I am not seeing any of this new stuff and the resize bug is still there causing buildings to be deleted..i just downloaded from the OP link.  (maybe add in a version to the tool so we can see if he have the right one i did not see it if it has one)

Edit: Maybe the name change to deedplanner 2 is causing issues with your saves, lol

Edited by Kegan

Is there a faster way to create a large sloped deed (a 51x31 on a constant 8 slope).

Right now i'm going tile border by tile border :/ lots of clicking lol. JW

Windows 7, the latest java installed that you advised.

But when I click "DeedPlanner" I see a dos-like screen flash for half a second, then nothing.

I had this with the older deedplanners to, not sure what is causing this (on my windows vista I dont get the smallscreen popup for half a sec)

Edit: I have to make one of those batch files with "java -jar DeedPlanner.jar" to get it running :s

Edited by Lycanthropic

did you update the OP with the link to this version download? I am not seeing any of this new stuff and the resize bug is still there causing buildings to be deleted..i just downloaded from the OP link.  (maybe add in a version to the tool so we can see if he have the right one i did not see it if it has one)

Edit: Maybe the name change to deedplanner 2 is causing issues with your saves, lol

Yes, I forgot to update download... :rolleyes:

Everything should be fine now, sorry.

About large sloped deeds - I will add all possible old DP features over time.

Edit: I have to make one of those batch files with "java -jar DeedPlanner.jar" to get it running :s

Please update your Java PATH - on the Internet you should be able to find many tutorials about this.

Edited by Warlander

Is there a faster way to create a large sloped deed (a 51x31 on a constant 8 slope).

Right now i'm going tile border by tile border :/ lots of clicking lol. JW

resize - add global height =)

I started messing with the height map on the new planner and it needs a little work on the pointer it is not aligned well to the corners. I also miss having the smooth function to help build large slopes easy and it needs a way to reset the height back to default levels.  What you had last time was good you just need to move it all over to here.  

To be honest all we needed was the old tool bug fixed and then add in the new objects it was missing. Other than that it was fine visually and the functionally of it was great.  I just dont want to lose the functionality in the planner because you are trying to streamline it down but so far other than the performance i would just as soon use the old version.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

resize - add global height =)

That raises the entire maps slope?

I'm looking go go from the water level, then eventually up to a total of nearly 250 slopes high, in increments of 8 slopes each tile :/

That raises the entire maps slope?

I'm looking go go from the water level, then eventually up to a total of nearly 250 slopes high, in increments of 8 slopes each tile :/

Adding a global height of 250 will raise every tile on the plan by 250 dirt. Not what you are looking for I guess :/

Edited by Capi

Water needs to be 3D.  The water is just flat, no texture, or you cannot see the sea floor.  Also be able to raise corners if you cannot already, if you can, I'm not sure how to do that.

Under Mac OS X, save function won't work with brackets. If brackets are in filename, then it copy it to filetype match string instead of saving anything.

Load function have no problem with brackets in filename.

Edited by Kitsunenobaka

Water needs to be 3D.  The water is just flat, no texture, or you cannot see the sea floor.  Also be able to raise corners if you cannot already, if you can, I'm not sure how to do that.

Are you using water as ground type or water which is visible when you lower terrain height to negative values? Both of them should have texture and - in addition - the second one should be transparent.

I can add 3d water as an optional feature when important things will be done.

Under Mac OS X, save function won't work with brackets. If brackets are in filename, then it copy it to filetype match string instead of saving anything.

Load function have no problem with brackets in filename.

I will check if I am able to do anything with this, but I don't have any (legal) possibility to test program on Mac OS.

Edited by Warlander

DeedPlanner 2 ALPHA 4 released!

Changes:

• added build restrictions
  • added old height edition models
  • added program exit confirmation dialog
  • added program version info (in program window title)
  • fixed wrong height on mouse hover values in 2d view
  • fixed undo/redo bugs related to floors, walls and roofs
This is (probably) the last small alpha release, I will focus on "big" things now. :) Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1

I get an error when i try to delete a wall using right click in this new version..

[2014-06-27 13:12:40] Error has occurred!
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation

Java version: 1.8.0_05

java.lang.NullPointerException

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.setHorizontalWall(Tile.java:436)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.setHorizontalWall(Tile.java:432)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.walls.WallUpdater.setWalls(WallUpdater.java:30)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.walls.WallUpdater.update(WallUpdater.java:20)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.LogicLoop.run(LogicLoop.java:69)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Edit: The height seems to be all working well now though :)

Edited by Kegan

Fixed, I made small update without changing version number.

In addition, I updated changelog as I forgot about one implemented change. XD

Edited by Warlander

i installed Java 8 to use the new planner 2,
Now Wurm doe not load. is there a fix to Wurm only uses Java 7?

dunno, wurm works for me under java8

Edited by Kitsunenobaka

Hi, I have a problem with the ALPHA version, when I select the Objects tab there is nothing inside. Is it normal or I have to do something in order to have objects inside?

Hi, I have a problem with the ALPHA version, when I select the Objects tab there is nothing inside. Is it normal or I have to do something in order to have objects inside?

Not implemented yet.

I know i keep bugging you about things but is there anyway we can get the old slope hover back on the height map? It made things so much easier to check on the fly...

Edit: Also where is the select height feature so i don't have to put in the numbers every time i want a new height to use.  

M6qdU8C.jpg

I know you are doing good on this new version too but it is going to be hard to top your old one...heh  (don't take that wrong it just shows how good the last version was)  :)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

esk9hk.png

Slightly improved version. :D

In addition to 9 numbers instead of 5, numbers are always centered in one point (this should be visible and helpful especially in case of very large numbers).

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1