Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Version 1.2 released!

Changes in this version:

-new save format - older saves should be compatible with new format.

-fixed map loading bugs

-fixed mouse wheel bug

-faster map loading alghorithm

-mapper area is now resizable (size from 25 to 100 allowed, resizing is possible in every direction independently)

-now you can place ground tiles. First loaded ground tile is program default ground tile.

I have tried to import palisades, but failed this time. :( I will try handle them later.

Any more suggestions before, for and after 1.3? In 1.3 release program will "detect" buildings and treat separately, this will allow for calculating single house cost and even some more advanced actions - that's why this and not another version will change the name of the program.

my ask is now, is it possible to get the needed mats for each storey in a building?

I will take this into account while writing the next version.

Edited by Warlander

I now it is a lot but could you add trees? (does not hurt to ask)

Edit: Seriously though this is a great tool and will help many players out..thank you

Edited by Kegan

I have amost quit wurm and now send 90% of the day dreaming up building I shall never make, this is such an amazing program

Just gonna edit to ask could we get a warning of somesort when the bottom floor hits the Max carpentry level? Apperntly most of my designs need 147 -156 carp for the initial planning and that kind of broke my heart

Edited by AnarchistRise
  • Like 3

When I will add option to place objects (trees would be classified as objects) - this will be possible. The only problem is .xsi (old Wurm) model format of all trees/palisades, it is currently causing lots of problems.

I'm working on the project alone, but if someone wants to help I will gladly accept help. ;) This should greatly accelerate the development of the program as there is always something to do. I keep code as clean as possible, so any volunteers shouldn't have problems with quickly understanding it. I can put the whole source code on Github, I don't keep it in secret. ;)

Man think about the virtual sales for deeds this can bring post the file up someplace and the buyers could go in and look around before they buy/bid on a deed or just for fun to share your deed with everyone.

Edited by Kegan

Any more suggestions before, for and after 1.3? In 1.3 release program will "detect" buildings and treat separately, this will allow for calculating single house cost and even some more advanced actions - that's why this and not another version will change the name of the program.

I am just now using the new version loving the ability to change the ground tiles and it looks like they are by default grass can we get the same right click to delete like with the other stuff except it goes back to the default grass tile?

Hm, I'm still having the save problem...

What am I doing wrong :(

Version 1.2a released! The only change in this version is possibility to use right click in ground placement mode to place default ground type.

Besides, a little interesting fact - the whole program have only about 4500 lines of code out of which half is interface and save/load/calculation system.

Hm, I'm still having the save problem...

What am I doing wrong :(

Is game printing any error log?

• Like 1

Really wish there was water tiles to show us how a building will look against the water.

Is it possible to add water ?

Without major changes to the engine - rather not, but I will possibly add option to change terrain height (where 0 = water level).

wouldn't it be possible to make blue tile (same shade as water)

also when trying to make my deed in the planner resizing doesn't always work...

If area after resizing is smaller than 25X25 or bigger than 100X100, area is not resizing.

when i resize and try to save the program it stops working and does nothing until i have to force quit. not sure what the issue is.

Version 1.2b released!

Changes in this version:

-map saving is about 10000 (!!!) times faster than before and shouldn't take more than few fractions of a second for 100X100 map (previously - more than 40 seconds).

-larger maps are allowed now, up to 250X250.

-small interface changes

-HTML in "Objects.txt" names is now enabled. Example below:

Ground tid=73 name="<html><b><font color=red>Packed dirt</font></b>" shortname="pd"

zcfe.png

Fantastic program :) Any plan for adding interior objects?

Yes, because Warlander realises how brilliant a program he has made, and he will not stop developing it until it's a full designing utility that does everything. :D

Please don't stop.....

• Like 1

I think he did say he was going to add in objects and even trees when he gets the core done. :)

Edited by Kegan

Yes, because Warlander realises how brilliant a program he has made, and he will not stop developing it until it's a full designing utility that does everything. :D

Please don't stop.....

Ok, warlander please give me your paypal address now.

Here is food for thought... anyway you could add in an underground level for mines? Something like a floor 0 would work i guess i know it is a lot but does not hurt to ask..heh

Edited by Kegan

woaaaaaaaahhhh I love it ! just before a few days i thought it would be AWESOME to have terrain tiles :D

On 21.04.2013 at 4:18 PM, rosedragon said:

Ok, warlander please give me your paypal address now.

<clip> (primary) or <clip>

On 21.04.2013 at 4:04 PM, Kegan said:

I think he did say he was going to add in objects and even trees when he gets the core done. :)

Yes, I will add objects when the heightmap will be done.

On 21.04.2013 at 4:01 PM, Docterchese said:

Please don't stop.....

I hope I will have enough time and motivation. ;) Soon in Poland will be high school final exams and national holidays, so I will have more time.

On 21.04.2013 at 4:28 PM, Kegan said:

Here is food for thought... anyway you could add in an underground level for mines? Something like a floor 0 would work i guess i know it is a lot to ask but does not hurt to ask..heh

Well... This would require very big changes in core, so I have to think about this.

Will you mind if I will add second interface bar at the top?

I hope I will have enough time and motivation. ;) Soon in Poland will be high school final exams and national holidays, so I will have more time.

Angry_Rottweiler_Named_Jesus.jpg

He knows where you live.

• Like 1

Is game printing any error log?

Now that you mention it yes, it does have an error log lol

Here are the two lines that are in the error text file:

Failed to create display!

Another try with lower antyaliasing: 8 samples