Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Hmm, I clicked the load disk, selected "open from file" choose my map file, and have been waiting for 15minutes but nothing happens... that little window "load map" just stands there and not a single but on it works (except minimize).

The map was not much bigger then 100x100 tiles and had 1 4storie house on it (with nothing really fancy) and 2 ground-floor-only buildings, is it supposed to take ages to load or am I doing something wrong here (version 1.2e)

It takes me like 30s-1m to load from file at 25x25. If the load window is still there, it means its loading. Maybe Warlander can add a progress bar for the loading/saving processes?

After your latest reply, yeah, you'll probably just have to wait those 20 minutes (or more).

I really have no idea how to make house planning as simple as it is now, and "objectify" houses.

Only way that occurs to me atm is:

1- Change the name from House calc to Deed Calc xp

2- Keep more or less the same interface, but without the floors and house walls in it.

Then add 1 button "Plan House". That would pop-up a new view, where you'd plan the house. When plan is finished, the house would be treated as a whole object, and moveable within the deed plan (Main) view. Double clicking a house object woudl re-open the house plan view to edit (could also get a context menu with right click with Edit, Calculate and Delete options).

The 3d View would only be available for the Deed plan view (Main window).

Edited by ReaverKane

Ouch, that sucks :( I wonder what will happen when I have planned all 5 houses fully multistorie then... Probably will have to wait 5 hours to load/save XP

(I dont think my computer is really bad: 8gb ram, IntelCore2 Quad CPU 2.83GHz, only running 1 wurmclient atm so noting really slowing my comp down)

EDIT: progress bar might be handy indeed XD to know how long I still have to wait :D

Edited by Lycanthropic

I was using really, really slow saving and loading alghoritms... Fixed in 1.2h, loading should be many thousands times faster than before. :D

Edit: Only 0.4 save format is affected, older saves will still load really, really slow.

Edited by Warlander

Edit: Only 0.4 save format is affected, older saves will still load really, really slow.

Crap, time to replan then, 1 hour later my old save still hasnt load XP

(unless 12.e wasnt older then 0.4save format XD)

Edit: Little something I noticed, a normal stone door always has the little wooden thingy facing north or east when place on horizontal/vertical wall.

Edit 2: XD awesome, saves and loads in seconds, I did a new plan with 6 multistory buildings and it saved/loaded in a heartbeat => One very happy wurmian XD

Edited by Lycanthropic

Not sure if I missed a post about it, but is there any plans to add palisades?

Not sure if everyone would be for this, but can you add a tooltip (if that's the right term) when you put cursor over the icons at the top? I had to guess some of them were and of course just get used to it.

Colors on walls is cool feature, thanks. I just have small issue with white color :(

dfumti.png

Colors on walls is cool feature, thanks. I just have small issue with white color :(

dfumti.png

White color is gray on Wurm most of the times, so don't expect miracles.

Not sure if I missed a post about it, but is there any plans to add palisades?

Not sure if everyone would be for this, but can you add a tooltip (if that's the right term) when you put cursor over the icons at the top? I had to guess some of them were and of course just get used to it.

I can try to add tooltip, but it cannot overlap LWJGL (mapper) window - I will probably add something like text hint on the right. ;)

Palisades were suggested many times before, I have tried to add them, but palisades are saved in another format than most models and this causes problems.

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1

IPalisades were suggested many times before, I have tried to add them, but palisades are saved in another format than most models and this causes problems.

I may have misunderstood in the past, but is this "another format" also the reason that floor openings have not been added; more specifically, the ladders are in the other format?

Openings are made from two models and textures while current rendering engine can support only one model and one texture for one object. I will try to add (hardcoded or moddable, I will see which way will be better) openings in next big update, 1.3. ;)

Openings are made from two models and textures while current rendering engine can support only one model and one texture for one object. I will try to add (hardcoded or moddable, I will see which way will be better) openings in next big update, 1.3. ;)

I think most people agree that, if the issue is 2 models+2 textures (assuming one is the floor the other the ladder), you can skip the ladder and just use the floor with the opening on it for the planner, i mean its a planner, so i'm guessing many people would only want the opening to plan its location - which is more of a 2d thing - so just skip the ladder model).

• Like 2

I'm starting to get a feeling this is turning out to be more of a 3D mapper then a housecalc ;)

Would it be possible to see a complete list off every material you need for all the things you have planned out on the map? (no carp skill and such, just something like: 249 stone house walls found = 4980 bricks + 4980 mortar, 78 iron fences found = 780 bricks + 78 iron bars).

PS: Didnt Rolf contact you yet to hire you to write official programs/calculators for wurm? XD

• Like 1

I'm starting to get a feeling this is turning out to be more of a 3D mapper then a housecalc ;)

Yes, next version will be renamed from HouseCalc to DeedPlanner. ;)

Would it be possible to see a complete list off every material you need for all the things you have planned out on the map? (no carp skill and such, just something like: 249 stone house walls found = 4980 bricks + 4980 mortar, 78 iron fences found = 780 bricks + 78 iron bars).

Sounds like a good idea... 1.3 is focusing on writs system and new calculation model, so I will surely take this idea into account. ;)

PS: Didnt Rolf contact you yet to hire you to write official programs/calculators for wurm? XD

Unfortunately not. :D

Edit: 1.3 is just around the corner - expect release tomorrow. ;)

Edited by Warlander

Version 1.3 (finally) released!

Changes in this version:

-program renamed from HouseCalc to DeedPlanner

-completely new, writ-based building system - writ is required to build anything, but using writ system I can add much more deeds-focused features than before

-added option to calculate materials and carpentry for single buildings (by clicking "Calculate" button while writ is selected)

-carpentry calculations for the whole deed are removed

-added tooltips

-new save format

-fixed some bugs related to save/load system

-floor opening added

-few interface changes

WARNING! Older saves are not compatible with new format! You can still load them, but you have to add writ grids to make anything.

New features related to materials/carpentry calculations will come in next minor version(s). Any feature requests before 1.4? :)

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 2

You need 502 carpentry to build this structure.

Seems to be taking the whole structure into consideration instead of just the ground floor.

Also, can we get the ability to plan wall/fences etc outside of a writ, for cattle pens etc.

Looking very nice though, planned the future of my deed on it, and I like what I see :)

ps. Is there a delete function for a writ tile, while planning?

Edited by Chulirac

Writ tile can be deleted like anything else, by switching "add tiles" to "delete tiles" or right-clicking instead of left-clicking.

Bug described above and request for walls outside writs - fixed in 1.3a. ;)

Version 1.3 (finally) released!

. Any feature requests before 1.4? :)

eed6g.png

A separate groundlevel that is only visible below floor 1 for planning mines?

No need for 3d, just ground textures.

A separate groundlevel that is only visible below floor 1 for planning mines?

Whoa, O_O mine planner, now that would be sweet XD altho, mines in wurm are 2D, so you would only be able to make a flat mine plan (no dropshafts or ramps and such) (might be something for version 2.0 of the deedplanner ;))

Edited by Lycanthropic

I was testing out your lastest Deed Planner program, which is fantastic by the way, but I noticed a issue with calculating the carpentry required to construct the buildings. The formula is not calulating the proper skill amount needed.

deedplannerimg1.png

Bug fixed in 1.3b.

In next minor version (1.3c) I will add more detailed calculation results. ;)

Any other bugs?

Edited by Warlander

Writ tiles must be connected, if there is no connection tiles cannot be added. The same applies to deleting, if after delete writ will be divined program don't allow to delete the tile.

Futhermore, writs cannot share any corners (like in game).

It seems I'm not able to plan floors or roofs. How do they work?

EDIT: Nevermind.

Edited by Teliavelis