Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Any chance we could get some different size hedges going? Would love to see that

Any chance we could get some different size hedges going? Would love to see that

I have problems with models of hedges, if I will manage to work out them I will add them.

how about a mostly transparent grey? Blank floor would only be a quick workaround though.

You could try to actually calculate indoor tiles, or use proper writ frame creation on the ground level.

Possibility to calculate indoor tiles (without using writ frame) would mean removing option of making "impossible houses" (like houses without floor on first storey), but I want to avoid this limitation. Writ frame creation is actually good idea, I'll work in this direction, but I will probably need to remove possibility to make houses with shared corners (impossible in game anyway) and make building system writ based instead of freeform based - in return I can add options like moving the whole houses and calculating materials for each storey.

Edited by Warlander

btw i would love the option to add "unfinished" walls and floors, cause they can be used as decoration too ingame ;)

btw i would love the option to add "unfinished" walls and floors, cause they can be used as decoration too ingame ;)

With the advent of arched walls, i haven't seen any of those lately, but couldn't hurt too much, problem is to determine if the utility of it justifies the workload on Warlander and the software.

I mean this is a planner, not a wurm emulator. You can always plan it as a arched wall on the calc, and leave it unfinished in-game.

But this is coming up great. Would be mind blowing if we ever get a height map and multi-building calc, so it can act as a deed planner. Would simply be mind blowing.

I'm wondering is it possible to add text boxes so we can add annotations? Maybe as an extra layer that is toggleable.

Edited by ReaverKane

I can try to add annotations for 2d view, but rather when heightmap and writ-based calculations will be done.

Unfinished floors/walls shouldn't be hard to add, if their models are saved as Collada models this should be rather easy - I have biggest problems with .xsi models (that's why I didn't add palisades), but if anyone will convert these models into form that is looking good in planner, I can add them (program is largely modifiable, so everybody can add their models and textures ;)).

Edited by Warlander

Humm, i guess the issue is old models being in a different format, then? Since as far as i can remember Palisades are the one wall type that didn't get any love since the new graphics started coming out.

EDIT: Zoom not working in 2D?

Edited by ReaverKane

Humm, i guess the issue is old models being in a different format, then? Since as far as i can remember Palisades are the one wall type that didn't get any love since the new graphics started coming out.

EDIT: Zoom not working in 2D?

Zoom is working for me, do you have proper settings selected and mouse inside OpenGL frame?

Wurm artists are now using Collada models (much easier to import to .obj properly), previously they were using .xsi models.

I have a suggestion if you are going to make that floor tile with no material count. Maybe you can make it some water looking color using maybe the marble as a base just tint it blue? This way it covers both request i have seen one for a water tile and one for a blank floor without materials ..idk, lol

I have decided to make one more update before 1.3 which will add possibility to change walls RGB values (dye effect) because I promised this before, by the way I will add some more floors/walls/grounds. ;)

• Like 1

I am sure whatever you have planned will be great it has become the goto tool for panning..well for me anyway..thanks for making it :)

Edited by Kegan

I have problems with models of hedges, if I will manage to work out them I will add them.

Possibility to calculate indoor tiles (without using writ frame) would mean removing option of making "impossible houses" (like houses without floor on first storey), but I want to avoid this limitation. Writ frame creation is actually good idea, I'll work in this direction, but I will probably need to remove possibility to make houses with shared corners (impossible in game anyway) and make building system writ based instead of freeform based - in return I can add options like moving the whole houses and calculating materials for each storey.

A house with no ground floor is not impossible in game..hasnt been for a very very long while now...I never build the floor on first level of any of mine and can 'build floor above' just fine. IE for example the houses which are built above my stables...stable definitely does NOT have a floor in it..

Totally invisible floor piece? How would it be visible? Current rendering engine does not allow for using different models/textures in 2d and 3d view (in fact 2d view is just 3d view rendered using suitable matrix).

I can add piece without any materials count, but I have to know how should it look like.

How about packed dirt filling such a need...is what I use much of on first level where I dont want a 'floor'. Actually the 'old' way of paving is still used by many. From that I suppose any of teh 'ground' tiles (or all of them) could fill such a need since they can be used with paving instead of building a floor...

A house with no ground floor is not impossible in game..hasnt been for a very very long while now...I never build the floor on first level of any of mine and can 'build floor above' just fine. IE for example the houses which are built above my stables...stable definitely does NOT have a floor in it..

Ground floor, not as in floor tiles, but as in no ground level. Like floating houses.

Very nice tool, but I have a small question, not sure if its answered already, or if I'm just missing it ingame. But is there a way to focus the view on the centre of the map?

I just made our centre building in 3d, but my count was of and I thought "why not resize the map to add 20 tiles on one side of it". But that kinda deleted everything I had on the map XP => nvm, had to scroll around a bit

So would be nice to be able to go to the centre of the map you generated before you start building.

Edit: oh, not sure if it has been suggested, but scrollbars for when you are in grid-view. (or did I miss that in the calc program to XD sorry if I did, just new to the tool and pretty hyper about it :P)

Edited by Lycanthropic

Very nice tool, but I have a small question, not sure if its answered already, or if I'm just missing it ingame. But is there a way to focus the view on the centre of the map?

I just made our centre building in 3d, but my count was of and I thought "why not resize the map to add 20 tiles on one side of it". But that kinda deleted everything I had on the map XP => nvm, had to scroll around a bit

So would be nice to be able to go to the centre of the map you generated before you start building.

Edit: oh, not sure if it has been suggested, but scrollbars for when you are in grid-view. (or did I miss that in the calc program to XD sorry if I did, just new to the tool and pretty hyper about it :P)

you can use the aswd keys if the map area is selected to scroll around.

it would be nice to have an option to lock that to the mapping area all the time in options though or just bu default if it does not affect anything else. :)

Edit: it would be nice if there was a center snap thing would save a lot of counting, lol

Edited by Kegan

@up - I will try to force mouse focus inside mapping area.

Version 1.2f released!

Changes:

-some new grounds, floors and walls

-added possibility to change RGB values of walls, in 0 to 1 scale (currently for everything in "walls" tab)

-big changes in program rendering core (invisible for most users)

-small changes in interface

• Like 1

I have been planning but not using the calculator part for awhile now so not sure when it happened but the calculator part is not working right at least in the latest build for sure. I am getting the mortar and the nails required but not the planks, bricks or shingles. It seems like the carpentry part is okay but you need to check the rest of it out.

Edited by Kegan

I have been planning but not using the calculator part for awhile now so not sure when it happened but the calculator part is not working right at least in the latest build for sure. I am getting the mortar and the nails required but not the planks, bricks or shingles. It seems like the carpentry part is okay but you need to check the rest of it out.

Small bug, fixed in 1.2g.

• Like 1

Also found a bug, probably its a core issue, not sure (was present on 1.2e).

I was planning a stable, which has outer pens. When i planned it, the program assumed the pens as part of the house, which upped the necessary skill from 61 to 116.

I guess this is probably one of those issues that only be worked out with individual writs.

Also found a bug, probably its a core issue, not sure (was present on 1.2e).

I was planning a stable, which has outer pens. When i planned it, the program assumed the pens as part of the house, which upped the necessary skill from 61 to 116.

I guess this is probably one of those issues that only be worked out with individual writs.

I think this is the core issue, I will have to add writ system to fix it.

I am thinking how to implement writ system without making program usage harder - I am thinking about blocking possibility to build anything outside previously planned writ, but this will make program usage more complicated - any other ideas?

Hmm, I clicked the load disk, selected "open from file" choose my map file, and have been waiting for 15minutes but nothing happens... that little window "load map" just stands there and not a single but on it works (except minimize).

The map was not much bigger then 100x100 tiles and had 1 4storie house on it (with nothing really fancy) and 2 ground-floor-only buildings, is it supposed to take ages to load or am I doing something wrong here (version 1.2e)

Edited by Lycanthropic

In case of any problems - in anything printed in error log just after bug takes place? This is the most valuable source of informations for me in case of any load/save related bugs. ;)

Error log is empty, housecalc just hangs there, nothing happens (had to close it with taskmanager) it doesnt give a error message or a "doesnt react" message, you just cant click on any button besides the minimize.

I know saving that same map took around 20 minutes, but the loading "from file" doesnt seem to do anything after I selected the .MAP file to open :(

I it supposed to take very long to save/load? (a 100x100-ish map with two ground-floor buildings and one 4story building)

(I have the latetst java installed, and I've just finished downloading your latest housecalc version, maybe the 1.2e doesnt like me)