Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

So since Warlander has been doing some awesome things with the game client, I offered to help a little with DeedPlanner. It's been a while, so I took on a feature that I've been dying for to get used to things. I couldn't resist showing it off a little, so a sneak peak. I hope Warlander doesn't mind :)

Screenshot%202015-09-09%2003.41.59.png?d

• Like 1

More objects are always nice but as far as improvements go i was wondering about one thing the other day. Will the in-game export thing also include the mine system that is under your deed? If not that might be something to work on next. 

More objects are always nice but as far as improvements go i was wondering about one thing the other day. Will the in-game export thing also include the mine system that is under your deed? If not that might be something to work on next.

Mines or anything inside them cannot be added.

Woven fences have yet to get added, HOTA statues would be nice, perhaps allow us the ability to change the season (Just to see what the villages look like in the snow), perhaps have a deed upkeep calculator (Set certain tiles as deed tiles, measures upkeep and resize costs).

DeedPlanner team is much larger now, so we can implement more features and make program even better - any ideas for new features except the ones mentioned here?

There are four five things that I have often found myself missing:

• Forges
  • A way to adjust level of graphic detail to some extent. It would not have to be as complex as the game. Three presets would do: "high", "medium" and "low" options. With high having shadows so you get the feeling of sunlight and nicer water and low being like it is now.
  • Night time or day time switch to plan out beautiful ways to light up a building as you design it
  • Lamps - let's face it - one of the most impactful things about designing a house is how it's lit up. (even having 1 lamp would do!)
  • The diagonal "pave nearest corner" road tile
Edited by Malena

Added. Also allowed voting on Trello cards, so if you want think the feature/bugfix is important you can upvote it.

• Like 1

• The diagonal "pave nearest corner" road tile

This is already in.

In DeedPlanner, look at the top of the list. There's Center, and then each of the corners.

Keep in mind the way pave nearest corner works:

It's a cobblestone tile, so it only works with cobblestone in Deedplanner.

It paves the corner, and pulls the texture from the borders on the other side. 

Screenshot%202015-09-10%2018.01.34.png?d

• Like 1

This is already in.

In DeedPlanner, look at the top of the list. There's Center, and then each of the corners.

Keep in mind the way pave nearest corner works:

It's a cobblestone tile, so it only works with cobblestone in Deedplanner.

It paves the corner, and pulls the texture from the borders on the other side. 

Aaahhh excellent! Thank you!

Perhaps we could get a screencap function which would upload a quick snapshot from your camera view to imgur, I think this would be great for people who want to quickly show off a change or two between people without having to prntscreen, crop, save and upload it themselves.

Perhaps we could get a screencap function which would upload a quick snapshot from your camera view to imgur, I think this would be great for people who want to quickly show off a change or two between people without having to prntscreen, crop, save and upload it themselves.

How about an update thing where we don't have to download everything every time it just updates what is new and changed? 

• Like 2

Does this work for Linux / Ubuntu ?

Naturally, I am usually developing it on Ubuntu.

Added updater to suggested features list. Also, another bridges update:

FSUklwy.jpg

• Like 1

hey warlander 

i may have not seen it but is there a was to check for update or do u have to download everytime

hey warlander 

i may have not seen it but is there a was to check for update or do u have to download everytime

No way so far.

Doe to upcoming Wurm Unlimited release, I pushed program updater to the top of task list. I will focus on it right after finishing bridges if no one from DP team will start working on it first.

DeedPlanner team is much larger now, so we can implement more features and make program even better - any ideas for new features except the ones mentioned here?

A File -> Quit option would be really nice to have. It's a slight inconvenience to have to click the x all the way to the top right in order to close the program and just thought this would be a useful QoL improvement.

A File -> Quit option would be really nice to have. It's a slight inconvenience to have to click the x all the way to the top right in order to close the program and just thought this would be a useful QoL improvement.

Added to list of things to do before bridges update release.

Bridges are in very advanced stage already - I encountered very serious model loader issues when implementing stone bridges, but hopefully we will fix them soon. Most of code is finished, so I will start working on GUI soon (which will look exactly like the one in-game).

Added to list of things to do before bridges update release.

Bridges are in very advanced stage already - I encountered very serious model loader issues when implementing stone bridges, but hopefully we will fix them soon. Most of code is finished, so I will start working on GUI soon (which will look exactly like the one in-game).

Nice, thanks! All of that sounds super great.

Oh, just had an idea for a second suggestion. Is there any way that you could have the program generate the DeedPlanner folder (that's placed into your home directory automatically) with a period in front of it for Linux users? I know you're aware of this Warlander since you use Ubuntu, but for explanation for everyone else this would help keep Linux users' home directories clean since the folder would be hidden in the file manager.

On right, so...

e9HdS3J.png

11/14 subtasks of bridges are completed! We still have some problems with rendering stone bridges, but after this issue will be resolved only GUI and few simple things will remain. :)

• Like 5