Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

You do not need to download it again, it is downloaded in your Deed Planner dir, it just have problem to overload your old version. I have the same issue.

Unpack it manualy, that is all :)

okay np

It seems there's some severe issues with the carpentry calculation costs, even with all floors and walls in place. If you add inner walls it will get confused and calculate a wrong skill requirement.

Here's an example where things go wrong: http://pastebin.com/gSKjNuCa

House on the left is the one I'm trying to build. The real cost is 89 carp, but the program reports it as 122 carp. The middle house is a simplified version without inner walls. Program reports it correctly to be 89. House on the right is an even simpler non-doughnut house and the program reports a 98 carp requirement.

Perhaps a stupid question: wouldn't it be a lot simpler to calculate requirement based on the writ tiles (green squares) instead? I know wouldn't be the world's simplest algorithm, but it should still be doable. If you don't want to code that I'm pretty sure I could code the algorithm for you.

Edit: new pastebin link - had some errors in the first one.

Edited by DKSprocket

Version 1.7f released! Changes:

• added water tile to cave view
  • view range in 3d mode is now much bigger
  • fixed "edit slope" elevation edit mode bugs
  • fixed carpentry calculations bug
wv2t.png

qt6i.png

Damn that was fast. Thank you for fixing the bug with the carpentry calculations!

Not a bug, but a feature request - can you do the carpentry calculation based on the actual writ tiles (green squares in writ mode) and not on the floors/walls placed? I know a lot of people don't like to use the new raised floors everywhere. Personally I go with stone slab paving instead of floors in all workshop and storage buildings.

About carpentry calculation based on actual writ tiles - I will add it.

About 3d cave view - this would make map editing much harder (especially elevation part, both above and under ground), so - although technically possible - would make program usage much harder and time consuming.

Forgive my ignorance. Would it be possible to make cave layer separate ? That is, it ignores other layers and other layers ignore it ? If you were on 3D view in cave, you couldn't walk outside, and you couldn't walk into a cave from outside, you'd have to switch back to 2D view and change layer. Users could toggle between cave layer and normal layer to compare heights, but we could still map our cave-heights to move around them in 3D. And you'd avoid render issues of mismatching elevations because normal 3D view would continue to ignore any data on cave level. Up to the user to map it right.

• Like 1

Noticed today that Stone fences aren't in the deed planner, why? Is there issues with getting the graphic into the program?

Noticed today that Stone fences aren't in the deed planner, why? Is there issues with getting the graphic into the program?

Are you missing these fences? TAB Walls/ Tall stone wall, Low stone wall

Are you missing these fences? TAB Walls/ Tall stone wall, Low stone wall

Well I have tall stone walls and low stone walls, but no stone fences. Got the new rope fences and roundpole fences, but not stone fences.

That was added to the game after he had updated the tool with the new objects the last. I guess the next time he puts in new objects it will be added in too and i hope some trees. :)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Hope they get added, trying to recreate my entire deed in the planner but without "stone fences" I can't do it :(

Forgive my ignorance. Would it be possible to make cave layer separate ? That is, it ignores other layers and other layers ignore it ? If you were on 3D view in cave, you couldn't walk outside, and you couldn't walk into a cave from outside, you'd have to switch back to 2D view and change layer. Users could toggle between cave layer and normal layer to compare heights, but we could still map our cave-heights to move around them in 3D. And you'd avoid render issues of mismatching elevations because normal 3D view would continue to ignore any data on cave level. Up to the user to map it right.

Was coming here to ask for this.

I have two contiguous deeds that have separate mines at different heights. I wanted to use the planner to make a plan of both deeds at surface, then at underground, so i can better plan the merger of both mines.

I'd suggest using mine doors as a anchor point between both layers.

If that's not possible, i'd suggest a "New Project" button, that would prompt a selection between a "Mine Project" and a "Deed Project". Both would be using the same system as now, but reversed palletes. (As in the view with height map would have cave tiles only, and the current "mine view" would allow for surface tiles and houses).

Hi,

Great program!

Some remarks:

1. The "Update" dialog is a bit annoying: it lacks the "Cancel" button. What if I am in a hurry to check out a change and don't want to update at this very moment? The regular windows "close" button at the top right didn't work for me.

2. I wanted to donate, but now that I have updated I cannot see how, the "donate" button only seems to exist in the "Update" dialog.

3. I have a French AZERTY keyboard. The 3D map is using fixed WASD keys, which on my keyboard is ZQSD and has me twisting my fingers in a rather unnatural way. Any way to let us redefine these keys in some .ini file?

Keep up the good work.

About keybindings - I will add them in next update, keybindings will appear in the same folder as program settings.

About update window - probably minor bug, should be fixed in next update. //fixed

About donations - button is in this thread in first post and in the exit window. ;)

Edited by Warlander

- Deed Planner needs auto save.

Yesterday I had enough free time in game to full test Edit slope in Elevation tab. I spent hour reading slopes and entering them into Planner. Whole thing worked sweetly. Weakest link in the chain was my memory for numbers :P

I mapped vast area and everything was fine until ... Deed Planner frozen, no more responding (probably from ALT-TABing whole time). And I lost last 40 minutes of progress. Well, my mistake I did not saved every so often. But save project is not so easy, while program stubbornly refuses to remember last used directory to save/load file.

If filename/pastebin.com URL from last save/load can be stored and used every 10 or 20 minutes for autosave, it could save most of our efforts.

Edited by Zakerak

After updater downloaded and unpacked new version, we still had old version.

(I'm not sure if this was mentioned before or not)

Now I know, where was problem. In DeedPlanner.zip is stored even path DeedPlanner. So after unpack new version is placed into DeedPlanner subdirectory in our working directory, instead of placing new version exactly into working directory.

Right now there is an option to "Show grid (top view only)". Is there a chance we can get a grid in 3d view too, preferably black.

Look at this:

Capture.jpg

I climbed on top of that mountain to map all the elevations. Now I don't want to be climbing anymore but do a faster fly-by and get new ideas, but I can't see the tile boundaries or even how many are there without a proper grid. They would also add perspective so we'd see elevations too.

I have run to an odd show-stopping bug regarding elevation. I expanded the deed plan I was working on by 12 rows both north and south and after doing so I can't edit elevation on the 24 top rows of the deed anymore. When I mouse-over the corners I don't get the elevation numbers and clicking the corners don't do anything at all.

The broken deed plan is here: http://pastebin.com/86Pcie9C

Deed plan before resize here: http://pastebin.com/hEhM1WjT

Edit - seems this issue has been reported several times, first time back in july: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/79352-deedplanner-3d-house-and-deed-planner/page-33#entry841932

Edited by DKSprocket

Just make the map square like if you have a 100x50 just make it 100x100 and it should work again 

thank you x 1mil for the marble paving and slate paving tiles update!!

just a quick list of things im hoping for in the next update =P

hedges, low/med/tall

stone fences

the flower boxes

atleast one flower pot

rose bush

beds

=)

I am running into a problem if I open the program after I open a wurm client it hangs up and goes to the "not responding" screen on windows 7. If I open DeedPlanner first, and then the Wurm Client it seams to work smoothly. Any known work around or anyone else experiencing this?

could u make a lite version for people who just wants to plan buildings,like the old versions used to work?

I am running into a problem if I open the program after I open a wurm client it hangs up and goes to the "not responding" screen on windows 7. If I open DeedPlanner first, and then the Wurm Client it seams to work smoothly. Any known work around or anyone else experiencing this?

Just don't tab out to wurm while the planner loads stuff, in fact don't even breathe while it does.

I have more or less the same issue. If you do anything on the computer while it loads the deed planner will hang up 2 out of 3 times.

could u make a lite version for people who just wants to plan buildings,like the old versions used to work?

We have it - it is called HouseCalc, download link in the first post of the thread. ;)

It don't have any advanced stuff, but for "basic" house planning this should be enough.

oh im trying that now,u may want to explain more about what that is on the op,i didnt get it when i read it