Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Can't you just rotate the other plan? ;)

Aldur, do you think I could just write a small program to rotate the map? The map file structure seems pretty simple - do you happen to have any detailed information on that? (Seems there is one line per defined tile, plus one line for each writ. Not quite sure what the writ lines contain, however.) The rotation transformation itself will be rather easy, once I completely understand the file structure .

(Warlander himself seems to be out of town.)

I'm afraid I don't know much about this planner and how it handles the plan files. I thought about picking up the project and improving it here and there, but I have enough work with my assistant unfortunately. The latest code should be on github, but it seems to be down.

Cant place floors in this program

you need to make a writ of the building area first just click the writ tab/new then select the tiles you want

Hi,

The program uses the term "elevation" instead of "slope". In my mind "elevation" is the absolute height of some point compared to a single point of reference, something we never see in-game, while "slope" is the difference in height along a single tile, that we see in-game and can easily enter into the program. Which is it?

Thanks.

Edited by neofit

Afaik Deedplanner handles both slope and elevation to some degree.

This is a terrific program, I *love* it! However, I wonder if Warlander is still supporting it.

Had a look at the program sources and the Objects.txt file today - there is still a lot that could be added. Has anybody worked with the Objects.txt file yet? In case Warlander is not actively working on this program anymore, should we try to add new models and textures as a community project? Who would be interested to join?

Also, as the map file format fortunately is very simple (thanks, Warlander, for using a text file format), we could try to create little tools for map manipulation (like "rotate a map", "extract writs from a map", "import structures" and many more...). What do you think?

Warlander - are you still out there?? :)

I would love to see the new trees added in and whatever else you can put in as objects. The last thing i know of he was working on something about a server and a new version or something but i have not seen him posting here in a long time. 

Edited by Kegan

...What do you think?

I'd like this allot :D But I would be of no use since I know 0.0000 about all this coding stuff x_x

I will carry the planner mission if Warlander can't continue working on this one. But should that happen (right now I'm trying to contact him), I will likely rewrite it for C# mono (so it keeps working on all platforms that it does now), java is not my thing and I have no codebase for it.

• Like 2

Well if you guys do work out a newer version just make sure the old maps can be converted over. I have spent hours and hours planning the map i have now for my deed. It has a 100+ writs and lots of elevations i would not want to start that over and would have to just stick with what i have now, lol

Yes it definitely needs to import old plans, but that's not a hard thing to do. :) Getting the map editing logic right, that's the challenge. I've explored some possibilities already, I'm especially hopeful for editing fully in 3D view and to hold particular model objects (walls, roofs, tiles, fountains, you name it) on a web server, so both sharing plans and adding new content will be easy.

About the program future:

There will be no client/server features - I decided to throw them away, because they only make problems and slow down development.

Now some good news - I am coming back and continuing development. :) I already made very big changes in code to improve its readability (in the latest versions program became very cluttered) and I am still working on it.

Planned features:

• big performance optimalization (OpenGL code must be rewritten)
  • Wurm 1.1 "compatibility"
  • save format specification
  • visual changes
  • new textures/models/objects
  • bug hunting
  • additional, redirectable update server for objects + specification - even when I will stop supporting program someone can make his own update server
  • support for .dae model format
  • more? I am waiting for suggestions! ;)
  • Like 4

Good news!

One thing I want is to be able to zoom out a lot more in the 2D mode.

Snow

Seems to be an issue with low roundpole gates.  If you use them, you cannot load save files; it can be recovered though by finding the lines referencing them in the save and manually editing them out.

I know about this issue, it will be fixed in the next update. ;)

I think it should be ready for release in about 1-3 days, I must finish few things and catch as many bugs as I can before the release. Complete changelog of 1.7:

-coordinate system changed from xzy to xyz (invisible, but very big change)

-big performance optimalizations

-added new window - "Help"

-donate button added to exit window

-changed default antialiasing from 16 to 4 samples

-max 2d map scale changed from 20 to 40

-new keyboard shortcuts

-new savefile version (older saves will be compatible)

-fixed few Objects.txt issues

Edited by Warlander