Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

@Rose yes but just if i hover a slope - would like to have it show all slopes on the little lines connecting the corners while editing,since the colors are nice but as soon as u have a big enough deed planned a 100 slopes colour might just look the same as the 10 slope next to it

@Rose yes but just if i hover a slope - would like to have it show all slopes on the little lines connecting the corners while editing,since the colors are nice but as soon as u have a big enough deed planned a 100 slopes colour might just look the same as the 10 slope next to it

btw im not rose lol :P

Having slope numbers on all edges would be either too cluttered or unreadable...

What would work is a wider scale of color gradients.

Got this error trying to remove a roof from 4th floor:

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at Mapper.Logic.RoofUpdater.update(RoofUpdater.java:29)
    at Mapper.Logic.MapUpdater.update(MapUpdater.java:56)
    at Mapper.Mapper.logic(Mapper.java:209)
    at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:136)
    at Mapper.Mapper.access$500(Mapper.java:30)
    at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:120)

The program doesn't allow to have roof over roof. Need to remove that restriction as it's possible to do it ingame. Let's say for example there's a small building with roof inside a bigger building with roof.

Hello Warlander

Thanks for this tool. I am having great fun testing out what my new deed could look like (if I have the patience for all the changes I need to make lol).

Just wondered if you could help with one problem I'm having please. I am unable to edit the elevation of tiles above the 33rd row. I don't get any height information when I hover my cursor over the points above that row either. I'm not sure whether it is something I'm doing wrong or maybe if it is a built in limit for some reason. I am still able to make all the other changes to the tiles (like creating writs and adding walls etc.) so it's not a big problem for me but would be nice if I could view the height in 3d mode as I'm not that great at visualising those things myself :)

Thanks again

Jashton

Hello Warlander

Thanks for this tool. I am having great fun testing out what my new deed could look like (if I have the patience for all the changes I need to make lol).

Just wondered if you could help with one problem I'm having please. I am unable to edit the elevation of tiles above the 33rd row. I don't get any height information when I hover my cursor over the points above that row either. I'm not sure whether it is something I'm doing wrong or maybe if it is a built in limit for some reason. I am still able to make all the other changes to the tiles (like creating writs and adding walls etc.) so it's not a big problem for me but would be nice if I could view the height in 3d mode as I'm not that great at visualising those things myself :)

Thanks again

Jashton

I don't have this problem, have you tried to reload map?

You can see height in 3d view - this is part of the program, just make slope like 20 or 30 and see. :)

About 1.7 release - it is delayed because of the end of semester (1-2 tests every day), all grades will be set in 1-2 weeks and then I will be able to get back to coding. Most of the client and server code is done, I only need to make some testing and bugfixing. ;)\

Edit: I will remove roofs restriction in 1.7 release.

Edited by Warlander

I was wanting to try this program out for mapping both my deeds (been wanting to do the calculations to see if it's cheaper to just deed the space under one deed) but I'm having some issues.  For one, zooming in and out appears to be rooted only to the mouse wheel, but when I resize the map to suit my needs, I can't zoom out to actually view the entire area.  Also, there seems to be no way to scroll the whole map, the result is that I can only view and operate in about a 25x25 area.  So essentially, while the option is there to resize, I'm unable to see anything else than the default size.

No resolution for my issue? =\

You can move canvas with middle mouse button (hold and drag).

Im just gonna say this, if you remove the Mac and onther files you will get black screen, thats what it did for me i added them back and it worked

I don't have this problem, have you tried to reload map?

You can see height in 3d view - this is part of the program, just make slope like 20 or 30 and see. :)

Thanks for your reply :)

Sorry I meant that I would like to be able to elevate the parts of the map that I can't currently so that I could see them in 3d as well as the tiles that I am able to elevate. I can elevate any point on or below the 32y row but above that row none of the points can be elevated and I also get no height information on them when I hover my cursor over them. I can change the height if I place a writ on it and change the height that way but I still cannot view the height of the points when I hover the cursor over them.

I've tried reloading the map and creating a new map but I get the same problem and I've just loaded the map (and created a new map) on one of the computers at my office but it's the same story. Both my home computer and the computers at my office are pretty old and far from top spec. Do you know if that could be affecting Deedplanner's elevation system in any way? (I am not very good with computers so I don't really know whether that could cause this kind of issue or not). 

what do you mean with row? grid row? or stories?

what do you mean with row? grid row? or stories?

Grid rows. I just can't seem to elevate any of the tiles above the 32y line. I can elevate all the points on the 0y to 32y lines but nothing beyond that. I don't even see height stats when I hover over those points but I can still edit all the other things on the tiles like adding walls etc. I'm wondering if I've selected some sort of setting which is causing this (say if there is an option to lock the height of the all the tiles within a certain area?).

Edit: I've found a solution! I had the planner set to 33 width and 93 height as my deed is quite a long rectangle size. I've just adjusted it to 93 x 93 and now I'm able to elevate all the tiles and I get height info on all of them when I hover over them. Not sure what I was doing wrong but at least it works now.

Edited by Jashton

Hey guys,

very asome prrgram :)

I do have one issue though, how do you put down floors or make a second story?

it wont let me lay a wooden floor or any floor for that matter for my 1st story and when I click on the up arrow for the 2nd floor i can lay walls.. but no floor?

am I doing something wrong or ..

thanks for any help

again .. love the program with modable houses coming this will be a very usfull tool.

you have to place a writ down first it will be in one of the tabs just name it and click new then select the tiles you want to be the house.

• Like 1

You can make any floors and roofs after placing writ. I will add info about this on the first page. ;)

o ok ya soory about that .. i'm a noob, been playingw wurm for a while but this i;m a noob haha ty guys

Edited by aimet

Hey great program here! Congratulations on the work and great idea also.

But as a deed planner I guess its missing one simple thing... the settlement token! Also could use some tree models :)

Thanks!

Any idea when 1.7 is due to release?

Less than two weeks, just before July. :)

The program doesn't allow to have roof over roof. Need to remove that restriction as it's possible to do it ingame. Let's say for example there's a small building with roof inside a bigger building with roof.

That shouldn't be in-game either...

• Like 1

I think I have a slightly older save version, and I can't seem to open it anymore. This is the error code I'm getting:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.util.InputMismatchException

at java.util.Scanner.throwFor(Unknown Source)

at java.util.Scanner.next(Unknown Source)

at java.util.Scanner.nextInt(Unknown Source)

at java.util.Scanner.nextInt(Unknown Source)

at Form.LoadWindow.readWrit(LoadWindow.java:274)

at Form.LoadWindow.load1_0(LoadWindow.java:150)

at Form.LoadWindow.loadManager(LoadWindow.java:63)

at Form.LoadWindow.fileButtonActionPerformed(LoadWindow.java:908)

at Form.LoadWindow.access$200(LoadWindow.java:31)

at Form.LoadWindow$3.actionPerformed(LoadWindow.java:789)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Any advice? :)

New to Pastebin, so hopefully I did this right: http://pastebin.com/K8tysSaw

When it didn't work the first time, I tried following the instructions you gave to someone else about hitting enter before the W's at the bottom - hopefully that didn't mess things up further. :P