Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Great program Warlander. Thanks for your work.

I have some buildings at the wrong elevation and the Increase height function does not work for corners inside buildings since they must be on flat ground.

How do I change the elevation of a building ?

This is currently impossible, I will add this feature in next version.

It's also currently impossible to move a writ over sloped terrain.

Could you add a cut/copy/paste option to the writs? 

Or maybe even a custom terrain selection?

Edited by Keldun

Cut/copy/paste for writs would need very big changes in the whole program, current structure of the program don't allow to add this feature (all entities except ground tiles are "blind" - these don't know where they are).

Version 1.5f released!

Changes:

-few new models and textures added (bushes)

-small interface changes

-added possibility to change height level of writs

About future of this program - I will continue to develop it. There are still few possible features to add, this is the list of all features I am planning to add (but it might be expanded):

-new save system - much smaller saves

-labels

-DeedPlanner server (to allow editing for multiple players at the same time, 2 players as well as 100 players)

Edited by Warlander

I'm still getting the last error I posted:

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.NullPointerException

at Mapper.Logic.RoofUpdater.update(RoofUpdater.java:29)

at Mapper.Logic.MapUpdater.update(MapUpdater.java:52)

at Mapper.Mapper.logic(Mapper.java:206)

at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:133)

at Mapper.Mapper.access$500(Mapper.java:29)

at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:117)

Does this problem happen in any "special" conditions? I can't reproduce it even after saving and loading.

The only special condition I can think of is my files were originally made in previous versions, it happens in all the files I've tried.

http://pastebin.com/Rzwd7n72

Also I sometimes get errors like these when I load a map from a file with one already loaded, I haven't been able to reproduce consistently it though:

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 25

at Mapper.Graphics.MiscRenderer.renderGroundTile(MiscRenderer.java:72)

at Mapper.Graphics.MiscRenderer.renderGround(MiscRenderer.java:58)

at Mapper.Graphics.MiscRenderer.update(MiscRenderer.java:21)

at Mapper.Mapper.draw(Mapper.java:219)

at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:134)

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 25

at Mapper.Mapper.draw(Mapper.java:244)

at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:134)

After resizing a map, I can't save. The box does not come up when i click save.

About impossibility to save map about resizing - I can't reproduce this bug, any errors, special conditions?

About all loading errors - I found some errors in loading algorithms (pastebin.com support and loading alghoritm itself) and fixed them - bugfix 1.5g released! :)

I have a request for a camera lock for height the way it is now we can look around the ground floor with fixed height camra but not the other floors. It might be nice to have a simple height lock toggle button someplace if it was not too much work   :)

Edited by Kegan

You can just use shift+mouse scroll to change roofs in this view - all keyboard commands/shortcuts are explained in Controls.txt file. ;)

Is there any way to rotate objects like statues?

Currently there isn't.

Edit: Now there is, will be released in next version. ;)

afzw.png

Edited by Warlander

now these are what im waiting for. I though the 'full version' thing means no objects to add :o .. Thanks warlander! *hugs*

Not sure if you can but the bushes seem small anyway you can scale them up some? Also if you can add in oleander that would be nice too i still wish we could have trees though. Maybe one of the art guys can help to get it working?   :(

I will make bushes larger - how many times, 3X scale will be enough?

New save/load alghoritm - "blank" 25X25 map had 353 kb - now it have 14 bytes. On average map differences are smaller, but still very big (20-100 times smaller saves). Map saving/loading is now based on very simple protocol, other applications will be able to use DeedPlanner saves very easily.

Small example of the new save format

• Like 1

Hmm, I seem to have a problem with the updater. After it has closed my computer runs horribly, even with all programs closed the CPU is still hovering around 90% usage. Could it be ghosting in some way?

Also, a framerate limiter maybe would be nice to stop the program using up too much processing power (I guess it doesn't have one,) and maybe even some kind of compression for the textures so we can use smaller texture sizes, with less RAM and rendering impact. I think this would be very helpful - the program should have a minimal effect on performance since you're usually using it while playing Wurm, since walking around a deed while planning etc is often necessary.

Edited by Docterchese

Docterchese, use resource monitor to find a process that eats the cpu to figure if that's the updater or something else.

Objects have the biggest impact from all objects due to many rotations and translation, but if you have less than 150-200 objects around you (visible) this should be almost invisible (program in idle state needs about 10% of my GPU power, with 200 various objects - between 25 and 27%, less than 5% CPU power in both cases).

There is framerate limiter, 30 FPS by default.

Autoupdater shouldn't eat CPU power after update, when it will run program updater is releasing all resources and then forcefully closing.

Edit: I will release 1.6 when I will finish labels. Label system in program will not offer functionality like in WPlanner, but there will be some basic formatting.

Edited by Warlander

Docterchese, use resource monitor to find a process that eats the cpu to figure if that's the updater or something else.

I did use task manager to look for processes, but literally, my computer is idle and after running the updater and even after it is no longer shown on the processes tab the CPU usage stays very high. The only thing that has changed is that I ran the updater.

It's weird, may just be my computer/Java.

Docterchese, I assume you are using default task manager on Win7. It does not show all processes running on the machine.

You need to go to "performance" tab and there on the bottom you can open "resource monitor", which does show everything.

I cant add floors or roofs, its just not working, no matter what i try

You must add writ first.

Edit: Labels almost finished, expect new version tomorrow. ;)

By the way - when servers will come in, will anybody make global Wurm map or the whole alliance map? This will be possible, maximal allowed map size is 9999X9999 while the biggest server have 4096X4096. :)

Edited by Warlander

By the way - when servers will come in, will anybody make global Wurm map or the whole alliance map? This will be possible, maximal allowed map size is 9999X9999 while the biggest server have 4096X4096. :)

It would be possible, but quite hard to maintain I imagine :3 also, loading nearly 17 million tiles of data would probably take quite a lot of computer.

Fun concept though, I wonder if the program could be modified to be a map editor. Even cooler, read the information from map dumps etc to create editable versions of the map within the program. Useful for adding on new details like islands or land changes.