Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Seems you are misinformed there Warlander. The home directory is the standard directory for all personal files, including documents, pictures, videos or personal programs. A standart user can't even put files anywhere else. That's why it is the default folder for saves and settings as well, though those are usually hidden from the user.

So home is pretty much exactly where it should go, unless you are admin and want all users accessing it, then it goes to opt.

As Warlander said, just extract everything that is in the DeedPlanner.zip into a DeedPlanner folder.

Then open a console and change directory:

$ cd /home/user/DeedPlanner

then start the jar with java:

$ java -jar DeedPlanner.jar

make sure you use oracle and not open java.

thanks warlander ;) thanks to your program im in the prozess to change my deed after 3 long years lol^^

GG8Xre2.jpg

also found another bug, seems to be related to the elevation "border" bug^^

every time I try to put a roof on a house on the edge of a map it wont let me do it OR makes the window blank, also it seems to have problems with everything that put on the border on a map ;) can only put down walls there with clicking and dragging the mouse instead of only clicking

• Like 3

its not by any chance possible to add a support for WPlanner maps or? to import maps from it?;)

• Like 1

Got this error code when I tried to load an old save file:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 26

at Mapper.Logic.RoofUpdater.roofsRefit(RoofUpdater.java:73)
at Form.LoadWindow.load0_5(LoadWindow.java:205)
at Form.LoadWindow.loadManager(LoadWindow.java:60)
at Form.LoadWindow.jButton1ActionPerformed(LoadWindow.java:555)
at Form.LoadWindow.access$300(LoadWindow.java:27)
at Form.LoadWindow$4.actionPerformed(LoadWindow.java:437)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 26
at Mapper.Logic.RoofUpdater.roofsRefit(RoofUpdater.java:73)
at Mapper.Logic.RoofUpdater.update(RoofUpdater.java:51)
at Mapper.Logic.MapUpdater.update(MapUpdater.java:47)
at Mapper.Mapper.logic(Mapper.java:184)
at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:111)
at Mapper.Mapper.access$500(Mapper.java:28)
at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:95)

its not by any chance possible to add a support for WPlanner maps or? to import maps from it? ;)

This is almost impossible due to very big differences between how my program and WPlanner works.

Version 1.4c released - this time only with minor bugfixes in roofs editing code.

Any more feature requests before I will start work on cave layer and objects system? :)

one thing ;) how about a smooth option for the heightmap? that calculates the "average" slope between 2 slopes? so that you can make soft slopes without adding them by putting in numbers manually ;)

and pallisades *cough

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 1

Seems you are misinformed there Warlander. The home directory is the standard directory for all personal files, including documents, pictures, videos or personal programs. A standart user can't even put files anywhere else. That's why it is the default folder for saves and settings as well, though those are usually hidden from the user.

So home is pretty much exactly where it should go, unless you are admin and want all users accessing it, then it goes to opt.

As Warlander said, just extract everything that is in the DeedPlanner.zip into a DeedPlanner folder.

Then open a console and change directory:

$ cd /home/user/DeedPlanner

then start the jar with java:

$ java -jar DeedPlanner.jar

make sure you use oracle and not open java.

I have extracted it all to my desktop i ran the terminal executes and i got these messages

bash: cd: /home/user/DeedPlanner: No such file or directory

$: command not found

trying it while it is in downloads now

tried it while in 3 diffrent areas... my documents my downloads and my desktop it constantly says no such file or directory

Edited by Kira Karasuya

Nice Work!

But I think it could use a readme.txt on how to use the program. I could not figure out how to put down floor tiles last night.

Loving some of the new program features! :D

Only thing I'm not liking at the moment is usability. The program, especially for larger deeds, is a bit difficult and tiring to use. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but clicking every tile out of 500 to change their heights isn't fun :(

I have extracted it all to my desktop i ran the terminal executes and i got these messages

bash: cd: /home/user/DeedPlanner: No such file or directory

$: command not found

trying it while it is in downloads now

tried it while in 3 diffrent areas... my documents my downloads and my desktop it constantly says no such file or directory

Oh my, seems you have no clue what you are doing there. You might wanna get some help, explaining everything that comes up here might take a while. (you didn't install that Linux yourself, did you?)

First, you don't type in the "$" it's a sign in most consoles telling you that you can type in commands. It's usually included in explanations to show which text you need to type.

Then you'll obviously have to adjust the directory command to the directory you are actually using. In your case probably something like:

cd /home/karasuya/Desktop/DeedPlanner

or 

cd /home/karasuya/Downloads/DeedPlanner

Your file manager should show you the exact path somewhere in the top bar (mine uses ctrl+L shortcut to change the display)

yeah I actually tried to get alot more tiles faster into a specific height by click and dragging over all other tiles, which of course didnt work^^ but it would be nice

a mouseover to see if you have hit the right spot would be nice too...like borders that lighten up

Edited by Miretta

Oh my, seems you have no clue what you are doing there. You might wanna get some help, explaining everything that comes up here might take a while. (you didn't install that Linux yourself, did you?)

First, you don't type in the "$" it's a sign in most consoles telling you that you can type in commands. It's usually included in explanations to show which text you need to type.

Then you'll obviously have to adjust the directory command to the directory you are actually using. In your case probably something like:

cd /home/karasuya/Desktop/DeedPlanner

or 

cd /home/karasuya/Downloads/DeedPlanner

Your file manager should show you the exact path somewhere in the top bar (mine uses ctrl+L shortcut to change the display)

I removed the names of my files as its my real name and i didnt want it listed however it still says it does not exist but I am thinking its trying to use openJDK Java so I am in the process of removing it even though its set to execute with oracle 6 java the same java i use for wurm... 

EDIT: I installed the oracle 7 and it opened with that so it was the jdkjava although im wondering when i installed that... but thanks for the help Keldun and War

Edited by Kira Karasuya

Warlander, I love the vision and scope of this, but 1 thing I am missing (or at least have overlooked my end) is a basic "Save to image" option.  I know, I know ...  screenshot is my friend, but I would love to be able to save my whole map (either in the design mode as a flat map) or 3D with the current "view" as savable within the program.  

Even the option of saving on a per "writ" basis as well if you have a super large map.  My map won't ever fit on a normal screen (on the system I use) without scrolling all the way out, but being able to "save as image, png pref" would be terrific and I can then share to my village friends.  :D

Thank you for your consideration.

• Like 1

its not by any chance possible to add a support for WPlanner maps or? to import maps from it? ;)

I use Wurm Army knife for my flat mapping but I would love to import the basic map I already have and build on it.  I'm recreating it now in DP and it's not bad, but unless I can save to image in DP I need to run both so I have a flat map as well as the 3D.  

1. Changing terrain height with mouse drag and hold - I am trying to add this for set height and reset height options.

2. Screenshots - I can add them easily, but only for currently visible screen - is this enough?

3. Readme.txt - I have added FAQ.txt into game folder, currently with 4 questions and answers. If anything is missing, please notify me (will be released in next update).

4. Smooth option for heightmap - I am trying to add this together with changing terrain height with mouse drag and hold.

• Like 1

1. Changing terrain height with mouse drag and hold - I am trying to add this for set height and reset height options.

2. Screenshots - I can add them easily, but only for currently visible screen - is this enough?

3. Readme.txt - I have added FAQ.txt into game folder, currently with 4 questions and answers. If anything is missing, please notify me (will be released in next update).

4. Smooth option for heightmap - I am trying to add this together with changing terrain height with mouse drag and hold.

1. Great! :)

2. Yes, that would be plenty.

3. Nice :)

4. Nice :)

Keep up the good work!

Screenshots done, another two features will be probably done today, too. ;)

By the way, small question to mods/admins - is this possible to prevent this thread archivization in another way than refreshing it every month-two? If anyone will want to get help, he should get it there.

:( I get a crash when I try to load up a map in 1.4c. I can work on a new map fine, but try to open up one and it crashes immediately after the map has loaded and stuff is on the screen. I don't seem to be able to find record of the error?

And I dont think it would archive if it was pinned. :)

Edited by Docterchese

Version 1.4d released! Changes were mentioned earlier, everything has been added. ;)

You can take screenshots with F11 key, screenshots are saved in user home/HouseCalc folder. Instructions on how to use smoothing tool are included in FAQ.txt.

About above bug - strange... every error should be printed to error log, even critical ones.

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1

My error log is empty :3

EDIT: new version runs ok, weird x)

Edited by Docterchese

I can't get it to work at all. The program freezes right after starting. Error log is empty. My Java is up to date.

This sometimes happens, but I don't know why - allowing program to load without doing anything in the same time is usually fixing this problem.

mousedrag and hold seems to work but cant get smoothing to work :o just nothing happens

and not sure where /home/housecalc folder should be ;)

Edited by Miretta

You must click on first point (this must be point, no tile or border) and then on second point which must have common axis with first point - everything between them will be smoothed, if one of points is higher than the second the whole line will be smoothed with equal (or almost equal) slopes. One of points should be higher than another.

Example:

atyt.png

Home directory on Windows 7: C:\Users\Your_Name

Edited by Warlander