Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

I can add mine layer, but visible only in 2d view.

A 2d version would be fine just use a black "open space" and then the normal cave/rock/ore for the rest. Maybe even a light gray for a planned tunnel that has not been mined out yet?

Anyway i have not had a chance to look at what you have done with the last few versions but i am sure it will be great..thanks for all the hard work. :)

• Like 1

Why not a 3d view? you already have walls, coded, why not just change the texture of stone wall to cave wall?

(I don't know java programming yet, thats still a semester out, or i'd attempt to help)

Also with respect to resizing deeds, 

[12:43:11] Nameremoved> thats the one. when you resize, it gives 4 boxes, but they only affect 2 values

[12:43:38] nameremoved> and instead of setting the absolute size of the deed, those boxes are modifiers to the current size

We were talking about it in alliance. ;)

• Like 1

3d mines would be much harder to show in 2d view as you have two heights there - I have big troubles with how to show one height. ;)

It seems that height display cannot be very accurate - color can show only absolute height and is very inaccurate (single slope cannot be differentiated even at absolute slope 10!) while arrows provide average accuracy (100% for 1-5 height, 20% for 6-25 height, 4% for slopes up to 125, 0% for any bigger slopes).

Any additional ideas how to show height graphically in more accurate way?

Edit: Screenshot with color representation:

Most red height (just above water) is 10 - above height is decreasing by 1, below there is height -1, -2 and -3.

tcpa.png

Edited by Warlander

Snowtech gave me great idea, height editing is based on his idea (click corner = edit corner only, click border = edit two corners, click tile = edit four corners).

eh:

Use left/right click to raise/lower. use mousewheel to adjust strength (how many dirt per click)

That's the basic function. then you can add the same for editing border and whole tile at once.

Just wondering, was I really that unclear what I meant? (;

As for the colouring: I think it can only be used to show the general shape of the whole deed, not each individual slope.

• Like 1

3d mines would be much harder to show in 2d view as you have two heights there - I have big troubles with how to show one height. ;)

It seems that height display cannot be very accurate - color can show only absolute height and is very inaccurate (single slope cannot be differentiated even at absolute slope 10!) while arrows provide average accuracy (100% for 1-5 height, 20% for 6-25 height, 4% for slopes up to 125, 0% for any bigger slopes).

Any additional ideas how to show height graphically in more accurate way?

Edit: Screenshot with color representation:

Most red height (just above water) is 10 - above height is decreasing by 1, below there is height -1, -2 and -3.

tcpa.png

I think graphical display can withstand a margin of 5-10 dirt, just as long as we have a means to get a numerical value out of it, just like when you're digging you can tell the slope is going either way, but you examine/hover the slope to see the exact slope.

Also i hope you can have both absolute and relative height values. The graphical display seems good enough to me, just as long as there's a means for a secondary more accurate display.

Also maybe add a third or even 4th color to the gradient (i'm thinking blue, green, yellow, red transitions), like blue-green for 0-30, green-yellow for 30-60, yellow-orange for 60-100, orange-red for 100-300(if we're talking relative slope 300 is as high as you can go, if it has to be absolute, then you might need to stretch those (both of my deeds have a height difference that goes from 0 to about 500 dirt high at least)

Edited by ReaverKane

Well i am getting an error with the new version it seems that is all i get in the log but at the bottom left it says i have an error. 

Failed to create display!

Another try with lower antyaliasing: 8 samples

Edit: It seems to be working okay other than getting the red text at the bottom saying i have an error and to check the log file. 

Edited by Kegan

Just change antialiasing in options from 16 to 8.

Just change antialiasing in options from 16 to 8.

yep that did it i closed it and opened it back up and the error was gone..thanks

Oh I wasn't thinking about how it looks in 2d, I'd just like to be able to walk around in it , in 3d ;)..

Randomly got this error when trying to apply a roof near the right edge of the map.

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 26
at Mapper.Logic.RoofUpdater.roofsRefit(RoofUpdater.java:73)
at Mapper.Logic.RoofUpdater.update(RoofUpdater.java:51)
at Mapper.Logic.MapUpdater.update(MapUpdater.java:41)
at Mapper.Mapper.logic(Mapper.java:176)
at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:103)
at Mapper.Mapper.access$500(Mapper.java:25)
at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:87)

Error is recurring. Each time I load the file and attempt the place a wooden roof tile near the right edge of the map, the error occurs, and blanks out the map display.

Edited by Hiro

Bug fixed, bugfix will appear in 1.4 update.

Keldun, I have also added possibility to change tool strength using scroll+modifier keys. ;)

I have idea how to show "real" height - when elevation tab is selected, in elevation menu there will be 5 labels in "+" shape, visible when you are hovering tile edge: absolute height in the centre and relative heights in 4 directions. I will also make height display visible all the time in bottom bar while hovering tile edges.

• Like 2

I just discovered small bug in carpentry counted for writ. When floors are placed by function FILL, carpentry needs is too high. When floors are placed manually, everything is OK.

o8uye0.png

carpentry need should be 96

Everytime I save my planned deed to file and reload it all gravel paths are changed to grass tiles.

I want more objects :< statues, hedges.. so I can plan my snake and ladder game.. For me personally all these updates are not needed since I can visualize height and dye.

Edited by rosedragon

Gravel bug fixed, bugfix will appear in next update.

Objects will be added in 1.5 update, but there will be many problems with them as some of them are still in old format.

hmm, how about have them like the mobile 3d games like orc and elves characters? They are 2d graphics that follow the camera so they always facing it and not seen as 2d.

Not sure if this has been covered, but the material calculation result do not take into account paving materials, e.g. the wooden planks and large nails needed for the "floor boards" nor the rock shards or bricks needed to make the stone slabs and cobblestone.

Got an error that blanked out my screen

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 15

at Mapper.Logic.WallUpdater.verticalSelect(WallUpdater.java:95)
at Mapper.Logic.WallUpdater.update(WallUpdater.java:87)
at Mapper.Logic.MapUpdater.update(MapUpdater.java:38)
at Mapper.Mapper.logic(Mapper.java:176)
at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:103)
at Mapper.Mapper.access$500(Mapper.java:25)
at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:87)

lvrl.png

Some testing. Update is in advanced stage, I just need to remove option of editing writs at non-flat terrain and editing slopes in writ area, make fences display correctly at slopes, add newer save/load format and fix few interface-related bugs.

@up - error fixed, bugfix in next update. ;)

About saves default directory... good idea, I will add this option just after 1.4 release.

• Like 2

looks good just like you were in game :)

How do I install this on Ubuntu 13.04 I try to just execute the .jar but it wont open

I can't execute it either, but command line works for me:

$ java -jar DeedPlanner.jar

No install needed btw.

Edited by Keldun