Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Crashes should generate error report - without them I don't know what's wrong, so I can't fix this issue please post them when aby crash takes place. ;)

Also, about the writ bug - for me everything works correct, did you do something before planning this writ? (house below was calculated and deleted correctly)

yjqu.png

Planned the surrounding walls, and terrain, then planned the writ (had to wait for the writ fixes) and built it then used the calc to check it out...

Maybe its because i loaded a 1.3d map?

I'll try starting from scratch and i'll see how it goes.

PS: You forgot the inner walls along the road (that's what i think might have bugged it).

Edited by ReaverKane

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

at Mapper.Logic.WritUpdater.fillInfect(WritUpdater.java:143)

at Mapper.Logic.WritUpdater.fillInfect(WritUpdater.java:143)

at Mapper.Logic.WritUpdater.fillInfect(WritUpdater.java:147)

at Mapper.Logic.WritUpdater.checkAndAdd(WritUpdater.java:115)

at Mapper.Logic.WritUpdater.update(WritUpdater.java:62)

at Mapper.Logic.MapUpdater.update(MapUpdater.java:29)

at Mapper.Mapper.logic(Mapper.java:175)

at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:103)

at Mapper.Mapper.access$500(Mapper.java:25)

at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:87)

Added writ 2 and started filling writ tiles. Map goes black.

I see what's wrong, I will post bugfix ASAP as this is critical bug.

Edit: 1.3f released, it should fix both bugs - by the way, do you like autoupdater? :D

Edited by Warlander

I see what's wrong, I will post bugfix ASAP as this is critical bug.

Edit: 1.3f released, it should fix both bugs - by the way, do you like autoupdater? :D

Well, that was quick. I just opened it and the autouploaded popped up. Quick and less annoying.

Edited: Can you add in "line" feature that was implemented in the wplanner? Apparently my mouse control sucks and need to go back every time to fix it.

On 1st page of this thread, it shows version 1.3e as being the current version, but you mentioned in a prior post that version 1.3f was released.

Do I have to download 1.3e and use the auto-updater to get to 1.3f ?

I just forgot to update note from first page. :D

Version on the first page is always up to date, because there is only one mirror both for site download and autoupdater download (I can add more mirrors if necessary).

Changes that I want to implement before 1.4:

-"draw line" option for walls

-tip of the day

1.4 will come with heightmap, I have only one idea how to show terrain height in 2d view - using different tile border colors (that's why I didn't add colored borders while coding writs), any better ideas?

You could try showing absolute height in 2D view, but you'll get into trouble defining maximum and minimum values, or on how to colour the actual slopes, because they have two different heights in the corners.

How about just showing relative slope using styled edge lines, something like this:

--->----->---

->->->->->-

the arrows would point uphill, the number of arrows heads on that edge shows how steep it is.

The only way I see to sensible show height in edit mode, would be by using a fixed angle iso render.

Edited by Keldun

I just forgot to update note from first page. :D

Version on the first page is always up to date, because there is only one mirror both for site download and autoupdater download (I can add more mirrors if necessary).

Changes that I want to implement before 1.4:

-"draw line" option for walls

-tip of the day

1.4 will come with heightmap, I have only one idea how to show terrain height in 2d view - using different tile border colors (that's why I didn't add colored borders while coding writs), any better ideas?

Maybe add a colored slider (with a green to red gradient -green lower red higher) with tooltip on the bottom or top of the window with numerical values, values would be shown on mouse-hover.

It seems that regardless of the solution I will have to add the bottom bar. Fortunately, this will be last big change in the interface.

My current idea how to show slopes looks like this: keep colors from green to red which will be relative to current lowest and highest height on map, show arrows as additional option while height changing tab is selected.

• Like 1

Can just set water table to have numerical value 0. Where to set it to 0 is up to you. For planning purposes, I set it to 0 when it's at a level where I don't get drink option, and it's too moist to plant sprouts. You can see water at this. +1 to be able to plant and you don't see water (if I can recall correct). -1 to get drink option. -7 is the max surface mining and digging depth. -14 is the max dredge depth.

+1 to plant sprout and not see water visually.

0 to get level where drink option does not show and too moist to plant sprout. Can see water visually.

-1 to get drink

-7 is max digging

-14 is max surface mining

-3x digging skill is max dredging (need to confirm)

So if you want to not see the water and be able to plant to set that to 0, just add -1 to all my numbers.

Edited: If someone can find out which height you can actually plan house, that would be appreciated.

It seems that regardless of the solution I will have to add the bottom bar. Fortunately, this will be last big change in the interface.

My current idea how to show slopes looks like this: keep colors from green to red which will be relative to current lowest and highest height on map, show arrows as additional option while height changing tab is selected.

Seems good.

Also what samurai said... You might have to have a water layer at 0 (instead of in the pallete), so it shows when you get there (or else people planning harbours might get disapointed when trying to apply their plans).

Water level will be at slope 0 while program default will be 5. There will be no transparency issues with water as it can just be rendered last. Water tile will still remain in program pallete for compability with older saves, but I will mark it as deprecated.

I am also thinking how to use pallete for changing terrain height mode - program core is forcing me to display it, so I can't leave it blank.

I dunno exactly how its working, but i guess having the current "ground" pallette could work. Could be handy to change terrain types while changing the topography.

I just wish we could have palisades... Did you try talking to axeblade? He's doing renders of game models and animations, maybe he can do the conversion of palisades to what you use?

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/78519-animation-some-dont-get-to-see-not-ingame-yet-render/

And seriously Mods, why is this not pinned yet?

Edited by ReaverKane

Is it just me or are there no palisade walls and gates?

Edited by Baultr

And seriously Mods, why is this not pinned yet?

It could be just me, but I always tend to overlook the pinned topics.

My eyes directly scout towards the non-pinned ones to see whats new XD

• Like 1

Very awesome.  Features I would love to see is a copy/paste for whole writs/buildings.. individual floors would be cool, but that could be taxing the implementation effort vs utility trade off.  Also transforms on buildings/writs: move, mirror horizontally/vertically, rotate.

Looks like iron fence bars are not included in the mat calculation for stone and iron parapet.  Mats for pavement missing also, but I think that's been brought up already.

Edited by sfaleron

Very awesome.  Features I would love to see is a copy/paste for whole writs/buildings.. individual floors would be cool, but that could be taxing the implementation effort vs utility trade off.  Also transforms on buildings/writs: move, mirror horizontally/vertically, rotate.

Transforms on buildings are planned, but rather as feature after heightmap will be done.

Copy/paste for structures... seems like good idea, I will see if current logic engine will allow me to add this feature.

Floors are in fact individual, but program logic is blocking possibility to add them outside writ grid.

-7 is the max surface mining and digging depth. -14 is the max dredge depth.

I think it's a bit more than -7. And for dredging it depends on the quality of the dredge, I've dredged to more than -50 depth before.

Floors are in fact individual, but program logic is blocking possibility to add them outside writ grid.

Inside writs would be great, that doesn't work either.  Ground type, for ground floors, not floor type.  If I have a garage paved with cobblestone, I need a brick for each tile.   21 planks, 1 large nail and an optional tar for floor boards, etc.

love the idea of this program but i'm getting this when ever I try to run

Description:

A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Application Name: javaw.exe

Application Version: 7.0.210.11

Application Timestamp: 515d68ec

Hang Signature: c605

Hang Type: 517

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Hang Signature 1: c605028eb53df1ba6352017acc44f612

Additional Hang Signature 2: 39b8

Additional Hang Signature 3: 39b8fb6ff3a85bd1c1ef740e18c8da45

Additional Hang Signature 4: c605

Additional Hang Signature 5: c605028eb53df1ba6352017acc44f612

Additional Hang Signature 6: 39b8

Additional Hang Signature 7: 39b8fb6ff3a85bd1c1ef740e18c8da45

Try clearing Java cache and check if you have the latest JRE version installed.

I think it's a bit more than -7. And for dredging it depends on the quality of the dredge, I've dredged to more than -50 depth before.

Woops that came out wrong.

I meant to say it's -7 for digging. -14 for surface mining. -3x your digging skill for dredging afaik.

I dunno if this is something you can do anything about, or if it's baked-in to one of the libraries, but the program gobbles tons of CPU time sitting idle, even in 2D mode.

Great job. Are you working on terraforming with slopes?

What a gorgeous program - I love it! Thanks, Warlander!