Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

When you are in height setting mode, you can set two different heights at once - one with left mouse button (LMB) and second with right mouse button (RMB). This can be used if you - for example - have one common height used on your deed with some terraces. You can set either LMB or RMB to the common height and only change the second one to quickly modify heights on your deed.

i have an issue you might be able to fix or look at i put it on this 

there are pics and all. could you look into that when you not super busy. its been like this for nearly a year now. 

6 hours ago, Dracaa said:

i have an issue you might be able to fix or look at i put it on this 

there are pics and all. could you look into that when you not super busy. its been like this for nearly a year now. 

I posted a workaround in that thread.

gdljVhV.jpg

The screen above is a test of per-camera rendering, currently just grid rendering - foundation to be able to use different cameras for different tasks (for example, one camera being above ground while the other one sits below the ground).

Low-level rendering haunts me even in Unity. :ph34r: (it's much easier and clean to use and render such grids using raw GL calls rather than components built into Unity which work well, but don't really handle this specific case of DeedPlanner's uniform, multi-colored and frequently changing grid)

• Like 2

I updated Win 10 this morning to version 1809 (it was a big update and I think it was the October update) and deedplanner started freezing up my system when navigating around in 3d view after a bit on a secondary monitor with 2 game clients open on the main. Updated my graphics driver in between freezes and that didn't fix it. No java updates available and latest downloadable version of deedplanner (2.9.8)

Desktop system with GTX 970. Seems to be directly related to the windows update.

Any ideas. I have to force reboot my system to recover when it freezes (music/sounds continue during freeze)

Can't really find anything in the logs. It doesn't put anything in the error log. The other log just shows the graphics loop.

Edited by LionIX

Is there anything useful in error log? My careful guess is that - under some condition that's unknown to me yet - DeedPlanner fails when trying to render something and then fails again to exit the render pipeline correctly, quickly overflowing the GPU with commands, but I didn't managed to find exact cause yet.

Hey ho,

i got the same problem too.
Start to plan a deed and after a short time mostly if i try to go to the 3D view it crashes and only the reset butten of my PC works.
I think that some things like an oven or a staircase could cause that problem but im not 100% sure.
Got 3 full crashes so far, all of them includes staircases in 3D view.

I got an error log too. But i dont think its helpfull.
ErrorLog

Greetings

My PC settings:
Windows 10
Intel I7-2600k @ 3,4GHz
Nvidia G-Force 1060 GTX 6GB
24 GB RAM

I noticed a small issue with the Materials Counter the other day when constructing a house.

After a bit of testing it looks like DeedPlamner doesn't have the correct materials for the Spiral staircases.

Checking the materials in the program tells me they cost: 10 Shafts, 15 Planks, 1 Small nail, and 1 Large nail.

It's giving that result to me for both the with and without banister versions of the spiral staircase.

When they actually require:

Without banisters: 20 Planks, 20 Stone bricks, 20 Mortar, 2 Small nails, 1 Large nail

With banisters: 20 Planks, 20 Stone bricks, 15 Shafts, 20 Mortar, 5 Small nails, 1 Large nail

Edit: After looking at  the wiki it appears they are being counted as if they were a Standalone Staircase. That is the staircase that matches the materials it has been listing.

Edited by Chromega

hi sorry, can you add in the other Hedges from the game into this please and thank you. I would really love to see what Camellia and Oleander hedges look like on my deed.

DeedPlanner 2.9.9 released! Changes:

• Added new hedge types
  • Added large epic portal
  • Fixed material count for bee hives
  • Fixed material count for spiral staircases

This will likely be the last 2.x update other than fixes for program breaking bugs (if such will be found or traced down), all dev time will go towards DeedPlanner 3 now. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warlander said:

DeedPlanner 2.9.9 released! Changes:

• Added new hedge types
  • Added large epic portal
  • Fixed material count for bee hives
  • Fixed material count for spiral staircases

This will likely be the last 2.x update other than fixes for program breaking bugs (if such will be found or traced down), all dev time will go towards DeedPlanner 3 now. :)

And what, pray us, will v3 have in store?

Just now, Nomadikhan said:

And what, pray us, will v3 have in store?

Very early version (I think I need at least 1, maybe 2 months before first mostly feature complete version), but biggest changes are:

• optimized (and much prettier) graphics
  • 3d editing
  • multi-screen editing
  • web version with the same features as desktop one, maybe something for Android in a future as well

In addition, as I go through DP 2.x features I'm improving them on the go. (for example, placing diagonal roads is much easier and faster now - instead of current widget to select what kind of tile you want to put on map there is a single toggle enabling/disabling corner editing. When this mode is enabled, corners can be simply put on map by clicking near tile corner)

exl6vnd.jpg

• Like 2

Small status update, recently finished walls loading, roofs were done previously as well (also, some floors on the screen as well):

F2EZW6J.jpg

hi 

I get some strange error 

Im using DeedPlanner 2.9.9 (downloaded it today)

After build up my house  in 4 floors

and start to make staircase up and then make innerwalls  

while looking around inside house, so its how I like it, computer freeze up and I cant do anything, not even ctrl+alt+del work 

I have to force restart comp 

It have happen now 4 times after one another

(Will try once again now, and edit post if it (or not) happend this time to )

EDIT: no idea why prg freezed up 4 times but 5th time it worked like it should 

and I got no files to send you since it only freeze and not crasched ?

but Im happy it worked for me now :) 

now to get material and start  to build  :)

Edited by Maiya

Same as other, used 4 time and it crashed my windows 4 time. nothing i can do other than holding power button. Screen Frozed with last image and nothing...   Help ?

(windows 10) DeedPlanner 2.9.9

Edited by heiro

Hello, I'm having trouble deleting bridges in the 2.9.9 version. No matter which tile of the bridge I click on the destroy bridge on start tile is not clickable, it's greyed out. This is on a deed I imported from Wurm Unlimited starting on this version. I remember it working on old versions.

Edit: Even a new map does not allow bridge deleting:

https://pastebin.com/34dwumqB

Edited by Mogi

2 minutes ago, Mogi said:

Hello, I'm having trouble deleting bridges in the 2.9.9 version. No matter which tile of the bridge I click on the destroy bridge on start tile is not clickable, it's greyed out. This is on a deed I imported from Wurm Unlimited starting on this version. I remember it working on old versions.

Are you setting the tile as start tile?

42 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Are you setting the tile as start tile?

Ah I see, no I wasn't, thanks.

Got the same as others mentioned earlier, DeedPlanner (2.9.9) freezes my comp and I had to reset the system, happened twice so far. I was just looking at planned houses/bridges in 3D.

At first I thought it's my comp or java problem, but now I see it's the app.

Hmm... I think these issues might be related to OpenGL library (JOGL) update which I made in 2.9.7 as last significant engine change on my side was over a year ago. I will try to figure out what was the version used previously and roll back to it.

On 4/14/2013 at 9:50 AM, Warlander said:

calculation of materials needed to build anything on the map or carpentry and materials required to build single building

How does one do this with deed planner? Since the removal of writ-based grouping I have not been able to find this feature.

1 minute ago, whereami said:

How does one do this with deed planner? Since the removal of writ-based grouping I have not been able to find this feature.

Select tile inside closed building (all walls must be built) and option to calculate materials for this building will unlock.

-snip- Found it, it is under the Labels options, my bad.. Wouldn't have been my first guess, clearly. Thanks for the help warlander.

Edited by whereami

I'm getting an unresponsive crash. Can anyone please help?

The error log is clean, no errors. After using DeedPlanner for a few minutes, my PC just goes unresponsive. No mouse or keyboard. I can't ctrl-alt-delete either. It just shuts down all input. I've tried waiting but the mouse never returns.  I have to switch off the power.

This just started happening since 2.9.9, so I I tried downgrading  from 2.9.9 to 2.9.8 and it still happens.

Both on an imported file and a new one. It works for a while then goes unresponsive.

I updated my java yesterday to see if that was the issue, and today I had to power down my PC after 10 min of use.

I have way enough processing power to run this.

Specs from Dxdiag

Windows 10 Pro 64bit latest update

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12CPUs), ~3.2Ghx

16384MB RAM

DirectX 12

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 16245MB

Any and all suggestions are welcome.  I really love DeedPlanner.