Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

can the fog/cloud layer be turned off?

2 hours ago, Szai said:

can the fog/cloud layer be turned off?

No fog in DeedPlanner, clouds in 3d view cannot be turned off.

On 01/05/2016 at 8:15 PM, Ayluin said:

Having some issues with really weird reversed textures on walls despite unchecking auto-reverse and reverse when applicable. Bridges are really broken for me as well. Roof textures seem bugged.

http://prntscr.com/ayznh2

http://pastebin.com/D4Hjhwkq

I'm having the same problem with the reversed textures. Roofs, walls, and bridges are all wonky.

Weird-looking bridge

Confirmed for the latest version. Bridges are shown incomplete, removed bridges reappear after loading, house walls and roofs are looking weird.

It seems that face culling I turned on in last update is causing some problems, I will turn it off soon.

I am also having issues with paving nearest corner. When I pave one of the corners, it does one of two things...either it paves the entire map completely or it makes the entire map grass

Both situations prevent undoing it and it also prevents you from placing any other objects. I have to restart the program and lose any unsaved work.

BTW, this happened on my mac. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Edited by McGarnicle

I am unable to reproduce bridges coming back from dead issue, everything works fine for me in 2.5.5.

DeedPlanner 2.5.6 released! Changes:

• Fixed dragon HOTA and JK tall banners
  • Fixed diagonal roads bug
  • Disabled face culling until source of issues with models will be found
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Warlander said:

I am unable to reproduce bridges coming back from dead issue, everything works fine for me in 2.5.5.

DeedPlanner 2.5.6 released! Changes:

• Fixed dragon HOTA and JK tall banners
  • Fixed diagonal roads bug
  • Disabled face culling until source of issues with models will be found

Thanks! Faces looking good again :)

3 hours ago, Warlander said:

The bridges are still coming back on the new version at least the wooden ones are. I had put a three tile bridge in an area then deleted that and put in a five tile bridge over the three tile one but one tile longer on each end. I then took out the bridge altogether and saved it but when i load up the map again the five tile bridge is still there. 

I also had the same map that all the bridges on the entire map vanished and had to replace them. I tried to save my map to pastebin but i guess it was to large of a file so i made a test one with two bridges. When i delete these two bridges on this map with either height change or destroy start tile thing they always come back when i load the map back up.  (same as my main map)

http://pastebin.com/YPUPRZAM

Edited by Kegan

First of all, i want to say that DeedPlanner is the bestest tool ever and I use it a lot.

It's really great to be able to preview and prebuild houses and structures and see how all the resources look before making mistakes in the 'real' world. I even plan layouts of my whole deeds with it with plans as large as 90x90.

Yet i have a few suggestions, that would make this great tool even greater!

1.) Standard Windows edit functions for selected tiles: Copy / Cut / Paste / Delete selected area

Reason: I usually make one plan for my whole deed. Now it happens, that a house needs to be shifted a few tiles because of changes to the plan. So there should be a select mode that lets you select an area of tiles, easiest way is a rectangular area or do it with standard Windows Features using SHIFT / CONTROL keys to add / remove single tiles or areas to the selection.

Then let perform the functions Copy / Cut / Paste / Delete on the selected tiles. That way you could for example cut out a house and copy or paste it using a different start tile. Using the clipboard to copy/paste would even allow to do that between different plans.

Probably make new side-panel on left side for this, because for copy / paste you need user to select a starting tile for the Operation.

2.) Overview Image of the map

Problem: the 2D-zoom of the map permits only a certain minimum size which is too big for bigger plans to make a screenshot of the full plan. So it would be good to either allow scaling more down or a function that creates an overview Image of a selected size of the plan at the selected Level or so which in turn can be saved as jpg, png or and whatever formats are offered.

3.) Text/Label Layer

Allow addition of text / Labels probably in ist own layer. That would allow to make overiew images of a deed with text added to explain the houses and areas. For example I could make an overview map of my deed and mark areas for settlers and post that in the forum to explain new citizens where they can look for their plot

• Like 1

On bridges, how do you make it go from second story floor to ground level? It keeps reversing it for me and having the bridge start at the bottom wall and going into the sky. :huh:

20 minutes ago, Talohan said:

On bridges, how do you make it go from second story floor to ground level? It keeps reversing it for me and having the bridge start at the bottom wall and going into the sky. :huh:

Put the starting tile as the high point but i am not sure why it does not work the other way

Edit:  Well i just tested what i said above and that does not always work but just change what you are doing and start on the other end when it does not work. 

Edited by Kegan

[2016-05-12 14:30:08] Error has occurred!
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java version: 1.8.0_65
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Vector.grow(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Vector.ensureCapacityHelper(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Vector.addElement(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Stack.push(Unknown Source)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.lambda$floodFill$45(GroundUpdater.java:70)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2$$Lambda$45/1835827190.accept(Unknown Source)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.getTileAndExecute(Map.java:707)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.floodFill(GroundUpdater.java:70)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.action(GroundUpdater.java:50)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundMode.update(GroundMode.java:18)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater.update(GroundUpdater.java:18)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.LogicLoop.run(LogicLoop.java:65)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

2 hours ago, MootRed said:

[2016-05-12 14:30:08] Error has occurred!
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java version: 1.8.0_65
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at java.util.Vector.grow(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Vector.ensureCapacityHelper(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Vector.addElement(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Stack.push(Unknown Source)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.lambda$floodFill$45(GroundUpdater.java:70)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2$$Lambda$45/1835827190.accept(Unknown Source)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.getTileAndExecute(Map.java:707)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.floodFill(GroundUpdater.java:70)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.action(GroundUpdater.java:50)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundMode.update(GroundMode.java:18)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater.update(GroundUpdater.java:18)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.LogicLoop.run(LogicLoop.java:65)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Java Virtual Machine ran out of memory, you can increase it via command line parameter.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:09 AM, Kegan said:

Put the starting tile as the high point but i am not sure why it does not work the other way

Edit:  Well i just tested what i said above and that does not always work but just change what you are doing and start on the other end when it does not work. 

Ok will try that. Thanks. :) 

Not sure how to best explain this.  I added a bridge to my house. Looked at it in 3rd person perspective and decided it didn't look good so I removed it.  I saved the file to pastebin to show a friend and the bridge is appearing in my link.

As an example, http://pastebin.com/9pHcdxAM - this is built in 2.5.6 and shows the bridge (on the house to the northeast).  If you click in the center tile of the bridge and "Select start tile", you can remove it.  I think its more like hiding the bridge than removing it.

Went to save my larger deed to pastebin and found out that due to the filesize, we're now unable to save since it exceeds the size limit.

Message given : (  You have exceeded the maximum paste size of 512 kilobytes per paste. PRO users don't have this limit! )

How difficult would it be to change from XML over to JSON and leverage a site like say, https://jsonblob.com/

1 hour ago, Netto said:

Went to save my larger deed to pastebin and found out that due to the filesize, we're now unable to save since it exceeds the size limit.

Message given : (  You have exceeded the maximum paste size of 512 kilobytes per paste. PRO users don't have this limit! )

How difficult would it be to change from XML over to JSON and leverage a site like say, https://jsonblob.com/

I am looking more in direction of compressing larger maps in order to not create yet another map file format. :)

Trying to plan a five-tile long, three-tile wide bridge with the vegetated crown, get this

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Data\Bridges\Stone\vegTex.png (The system cannot find the file specified)

Seems to be missing from the distribution.

After adding it manually, the bridge looks like this

Spoiler

fb5fc7c296.jpg

The inner tile is correct, but the other two...  not so much.

Edited by Jaybudd

Would it be possible to have a toggle for trees, like an on/off check that disables and re-enables trees in 2d/3d view? I really want to plan for what trees I'm putting where, but the trees are so terribly obstructive that I can't see anything at all, a toggle for this would be nice so I wouldn't have to remove the trees each time I wanted to see what I'm editing.

27 minutes ago, Huntar said:

Would it be possible to have a toggle for trees, like an on/off check that disables and re-enables trees in 2d/3d view? I really want to plan for what trees I'm putting where, but the trees are so terribly obstructive that I can't see anything at all, a toggle for this would be nice so I wouldn't have to remove the trees each time I wanted to see what I'm editing.

That's a good idea!

+1

I am not sure what is going on with my map it seems to be doubling in size every time i save it. It started this morning at 18mb and now it is up to 64mb. All the other files are small like 300-500kb so not sure why this one is 64mb.

I would load it up in pastebin but there is no way, lol

I am going to have to remake the map i guess but thought i would post about it anyway. I have no idea what happened with it there is a lot of buildings but still 64mb is a lot and it seems to double every time i save it. 

Edit: I did manage to get the code saved and had a look it had thousands of this over and over again..

Spoiler

sag="5" secondFloor="0" secondX="30" secondY="49" type="ARCHED">acca</bridge>
  <bridge data="wood" firstFloor="0" firstX="27" firstY="49" orientation="false" sag="5" secondFloor="0" secondX="30" secondY="49" type="ARCHED">acca</bridge>
  <bridge data="wood" firstFloor="0" firstX="27" firstY="49" orientation="false" sag="5" secondFloor="0" secondX="30" secondY="49" type="ARCHED">acca</bridge>
  <bridge data="wood" firstFloor="0" firstX="27" firstY="49" orientation="false"

The good news is i did manage to save the map file by deleting all the bridge data and loading that up. I am not sure what is going on but there is for sure something wrong with the bridges. 

Edited by Kegan

Kegan, I got the same:

And also checked it and happens that bridges are messing this.

Also annoying bug reported long time ago when you delete bridge and it comes back every time. Only deleting bridge data helps to remove it permanently.

Also would be nice if bridge data in file was more separated, so you can find your bridge and delete it.

There is also still bug when you can plan bridge where two double abutments are connected to each other.

Edited by Wilczan

Hmm... I replicated and fixed bridge duplicating bug.

DeedPlanner 2.5.7 released! Changes:

• Added possibility to toggle trees (always visible/visible in 3d view/never visible)
  • Fixed bridge duplicating bug
  • Like 4