Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Has anybody tried importing a deed from Wurm Online that's near the water? It puts me several feet underwater :(

They all do this at first for some reason. Need to resize the height to lower the water (forget what it's called exactly).

I used lift area once i determined that it was -282 at the vertices.  so since it's 10 above water, level I raised it 292, but i had to do it 100 at a time. any more than that and it seemed to not do anything :)

Has anybody tried importing a deed from Wurm Online that's near the water? It puts me several feet underwater :(

That's just great.  Now the Wurm housing market has deed mortgages that are underwater.

I've ran into this problem while viewing a deed on Wurm Unlimited. Think there will be a fix in the future?

Note: I've also had one export perfectly as well. So at the moment it's more 50/50 on my end. [edit]

Now if we could import from deed planner back to wurm! -Rayven  :D 

Edited by Mykael

I am seeing a discrepancy of 5 dirts between what I am seeing in-game (in WU on a deed by the JK capital of Windshir on an Adventure map), and what the exported .map file in 2.4.0.

I used GM powers to terraform an area. When you dig as a GM you get messages like this:

[17:48:38] You dig a hole.
[17:48:38] Tile 1765, 849 now at 37, rock at 35.
[17:48:38] Tile 1765, 849 now at 36, rock at 35.
[17:48:38] Tile 1765, 849 now at 35, rock at 35.
[17:48:38] You hit rock.

So I assume that both heights are given according to  a height of zero that is the water level? But then when I import the exported .map file from within the game, all these heights are 5 dirts above. My whole deed is flattened at a height of 39 above something according to the GM wand, but shows as 44 above something in DeedPlanner 2.4.0.

The in-game GM tool is correct (thank god). As soon as I hit height 0 by the shore this little bit of water reached the corner:

bbb.jpg

The imported deed:

aaa.jpg

I had to lower it by 5 pixels for it to match the game:

aaa2.jpg

Looks like I got lucky with my 5 pixels only discrepancy?

Edited by neofit

Same as the others. Not able to create bridges higher than the ground level when dealing with buildings, the choosing of starting and ending point works a bit wonky in that after choosing both you don't get the option to build the bridge until you've clicked around a little bit more and then you're unsure what made it work. The only way I can make sure I'm clicking the right tiles is by using the borders.

Still needs some work, but super duper happy this is finally in deedplanner. I've been holding off building a huge castle because I'm waiting for this so I can plan out an amazing design using the bridges as arches.

Edited by Malena

DeedPlanner 2.4.1 is released! Changes:

• Added selected tile highlight in bridges mode
  • Fixed rendering of bridges (bridges will always have max brightness now)
  • Fixed some broken bridges
  • Fixed bug related to bridges at higher levels not being rendered correctly (should work with 2.4.0 saves)
  • Fixed few stability related bugs
This version should be stable enough for general use already.
  • Like 2

Bridges \o/

But how do we deleted 'em? :D

Hmm... How now, best way is trying to modify height at bridge position - this will instantly delete the whole bridge.

arch bridges bugged

if its 3 tiles long

hUSRlFd.jpg

it dont want to line up

and slope is allways 5. set it to 20 and it still 5 no matter how long bridge is(all arched bridges)

Hmm... How now, best way is trying to modify height at bridge position - this will instantly delete the whole bridge.

They are not exactly deleted, they move onto another plane of existence, litterally. I found mine on floor 3, then on floor 7 after building more, even if they are not visible in 3D view. Halloween-themed bridges? Unfortunately I built a lot since made then "deleted" these bridges (by changing elevation) to go back to an earlier save.

Edited by neofit

Okay getting an error, I seen the past posts about gpu, drivers etc. I have tried 3 different drivers. Now here is the part that makes the previous driver changes useless.

I have 3 different computers, 1 ibm laptop intel graphics, 1 computer nvidia GTX 750 TI, 1 computer nvidia GTX 770. All the computers can run multiple clients of wurm with no issues other then low fps on the laptop. So my opengl rendering is working fine.

But I get this error on each one when I start ..jar file

[2015-11-03 17:59:47] Error has occurred!

Java vendor: Oracle Corporation

Java version: 1.8.0_66

java.lang.NullPointerException

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.renderGround(Tile.java:185)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.renderWorld(Tile.java:165)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.render3d(Tile.java:151)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.render(Map.java:428)

at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.graphics.GraphicsLoop.display(GraphicsLoop.java:64)

at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.displayImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:665)

at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:649)

at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$Updater.display(GLJPanel.java:1213)

at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$8.run(GLJPanel.java:1269)

at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:1119)

at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:994)

at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$OffscreenBackend.doPaintComponent(GLJPanel.java:1777)

at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel.paintComponent(GLJPanel.java:545)

at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1056)

at javax.swing.JComponent.paintChildren(JComponent.java:889)

at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(JComponent.java:1065)

at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.paint(JLayeredPane.java:586)

at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(JComponent.java:5210)

at javax.swing.BufferStrategyPaintManager.paint(BufferStrategyPaintManager.java:290)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(RepaintManager.java:1272)

at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(JComponent.java:5158)

at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(JComponent.java:4969)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:854)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(RepaintManager.java:814)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:814)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:789)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager.prePaintDirtyRegions(RepaintManager.java:738)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager.access$1200(RepaintManager.java:64)

at javax.swing.RepaintManager$ProcessingRunnable.run(RepaintManager.java:1732)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Here is the catch, each one is running Ubuntu 14.04, base install with nvidia drivers and java 8 installed. I have one I just wiped it and installed new, patched to current and running most current video driver and latest java installed. No extras - It gets the same error. 

If I boot into windows, works fine. Something in Ubuntu 14.04 is causing this issue has anyone ran into this and found a fix?

EDIT - Created a vbox guest using Manjaro image I had available, openJDK normal crap video, and Deedplanner works. I am more and more inclined to believe something with ubuntu 14.04 + oracle java8 has issues. Anyone confirm they have it working in that setup?  I am going to test it later and remove oracle java8 on one of my computers and install openjdk.

EDIT2 - Did not get around to trying openjdk this evening but will give it a go tomorrow, I did run a trace on Ubuntu 14.04 + Oracle Java 1.8.0_66, here is the actual error that happens before you see the above error.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: pl/wurmonline/deedplanner/Launcher : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:800)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:361)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:482)

Will investigate tomorrow, too tired tonight. Good Night.

EDIT3 - FIXED - Here is how. The key was the major.minor  - run
sudo update-alternatives --config java

and select the correct java. Even though I added a ppa and installed a new version of java, dpkg still had another version flagged, a version that I assumed was removed when I installed Oracle Java. Running the above and select the Java corrected the rendering error.

I verified this on all 3 computers this morning.

Happy Planning!

Edited by Saicotic

Suggestion:

Client "check for update" button would have been awesome. Dont know if its possible tho.

Edit: And one thing i've forgotten to mention, since its been a while since last time i used Deedplanner; it seems to speed up my mouse pointer speed in windows, why is that? :S

Edited by Nordlys

Doing this just removes it from the view.  It doesn't delete it from the MAP file.  So next time you open the file all the bridges are still there.

Editing the MAP file by hand is the only way to delete bridges at the moment.

For some reason my deed exported from WU is loaded "upside-down" in the DeedPlanner (North is South, West is East). Not sure if it's a known issue or if there's some workaround...

Also (and this should probably be submitted as feature request somewhere proper) : any chance to get Copy/Paste of tiles feature? With optional "Paste without Height" for the contents of the tiles/borders only?

Also, also : the main post mentions keybindings (and a helpfile) -- can't seem to figure out any (apart from the WSAD+Shife ones) and I couldn't find the helpfile either... help?

In closing -- thanks a million for this tool. It's just so awesome, I had to squee a bit while using it.

I like this program. Seems useful. But I got an issue with it. I want to be able to move the camera around in 2D view (and zoom in to where I need to). Yet the camera seems locked on a specific tile, and left/right click just removes/adds.

Also have a request to be able to build in 3D mode, as I want to be able to not have to go back and forth in 2D and 3D to see if a certain object is where I want it. Also, in Wurmian view... the camera feels too low be the ingame camera.

Lastly, would be nice to use openings in Wurmian view.

Edited by Benie

Cannot make it run, had no problems with previous versions.

Got latest java 64-bit

Error:

lis 29, 2015 9:16:40 PM pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.util.SwingUtils setLookAndFeel
SEVERE: null
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.pagosoft.plaf.PgsLookAndFeel
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.SwingUtilities.loadSystemClass(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(Unknown Source)
	at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.util.SwingUtils.setLookAndFeel(SwingUtils.java:28)
	at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:33)

[2015-11-29 21:16:40] Error has occurred!
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java version: 1.8.0_66
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/media/opengl/GL
	at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.io.DataLoader.loadGrounds(DataLoader.java:64)
	at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.io.DataLoader.loadData(DataLoader.java:26)
	at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.Loading.lambda$new$24(Loading.java:27)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.media.opengl.GL
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	... 4 more

Edited by Wilczan

On Ubuntu 14.04 I can only start without error messages if I run it from sudo.

I've set all the subfolder etc. permissions to 777 so I don't see the reason, the folders are under my own home folder.

Is there anything I should do yet to be able to run it without sudo?

The Deedplanner is fantastic, never used before but now I'm already quite familiar with it after a day :D

It's my basic tool before I made any changes on deed or plan some buildings, sad that I cannot make it run.

On 29/11/2015, 9:30:46, Benie said:

I like this program. Seems useful. But I got an issue with it. I want to be able to move the camera around in 2D view (and zoom in to where I need to). Yet the camera seems locked on a specific tile, and left/right click just removes/adds.

Use the wurm movement keys - WASD as default - to move around the 2D map as well as the 3D.

I notice someone has already brought up the North is South issue for exports. I assume the powers-that-be are also aware that there appears to have been some melting ice-caps somewhere because the water level has risen dramatically. My 5 story house is completely under water!

As an idea, an option to manually move the water level would be nice anyway :)

Edit: Just found that option ;)

Where I can download earlier versions? Wanna test if this error is only in newest version or all.

ok, checked, version 2.3.1 runs without any problems, new version still crashes

Hello all. I would like to try out this program, but since i'm a complete idiot i did not read all the explanations how to start it. And i'm not only a idiot, i'm a fool also because i did not study IT or something depending on it. So i sit here and play around with the .jar-file , unzip it, look at all the nice files inside and wonder how it works that very most of the nice little programs provided in this forum totally work from alone, you even do not need to start them, thats why there is never a simple explanation how to start them. And all people get along with it, just me, i don't get along with it.

Or maybe the other idiots do not dare to ask here ?

So please, after 2 years of development, please add a simple info for idiots, fools and thelike HOW TO START THIS PLEASE.