Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

what version of opengl does this need? Im trying to run it on a old, old laptop and the best my chipset graphics can do is v1.5 but when launching im getting a glCreateProgram" not available error :(

GLSL shaders support is required, target version is 2.1.

As Warlander said, you'll need to compile the source from GitHub. I had to add some functionality to the model loader to get forges and ovens working. The other objects don't require that functionality for the most part. I honestly can't recall which ones might.

This requires NetBeans as well as the JDK (Java Development Kit), which you can get from Oracle.

Once it's installed properly, it should build the JAR, which you can just put in your current install, replacing the one that's there.

I started doing that but was thinking it was just for making changes to the program. I will have to try and give it another go.

Also, stone benches seem to be missing?

OK, now that is done how exactly do I open the program with those objects included? Sorry, don't work with this stuff so not exactly sure how it all goes down.  :P

OK, now that is done how exactly do I open the program with those objects included? Sorry, don't work with this stuff so not exactly sure how it all goes down.  :P

I know this is not my thread but i do follow it and keep getting a bunch of notices about your questions might i suggest you pm him :)

Is there a well yet? I could not find it and it would be nice to implement it :)

Having had a look at the contents of the export file it is worth noting that a number of issues are caused by the contents of the export. To summarize a post elsewhere.

The export file contains details of each time in the deed - so information on ground type, building, etc... for each tile, the height of the n.e corner, and details about the northern and eastern border. This means that:

1. Heights along the western and southern edge of a deed are not contained in the export.

2. Details of fences and hedges on the western and southern edge of the deed are not contained in the export.

Also details of hedges are not in correct in the export, I am seeing Maple as wooden fences, and Camellia as stone walls.

Heights in the export file appear to be relative to something other than water level, probably a height used as part of the mesh rendering.

Edited by Wulfmaer

Having had a look at the contents of the export file it is worth noting that a number of issues are caused by the contents of the export. To summarize a post elsewhere.

The export file contains details of each time in the deed - so information on ground type, building, etc... for each tile, the height of the n.e corner, and details about the northern and eastern border. This means that:

1. Heights along the western and southern edge of a deed are not contained in the export.

2. Details of fences and hedges on the western and southern edge of the deed are not contained in the export.

Also details of hedges are not in correct in the export, I am seeing Maple as wooden fences, and Camellia as stone walls.

Heights in the export file appear to be relative to something other than water level, probably a height used as part of the mesh rendering.

Tiles/fences on deed edge loss bugs are fixed already, waiting for game update.

Tiles/fences on deed edge loss bugs are fixed already, waiting for game update.

Thanks, that's good news.

Using this now to plan my brand new deed. Great tool - thank you!

resize map not working :(

I exported my 11 x 44 Deed and loaded it into Deedplanner. I tried to resize it by 1 tile on the East and South edges to put in the tiles that the export missed (can't wait for that fix), but nothing happens. I tried various amounts and it appears that the resize only occurs if the new size will be a min of 50 x 50.

I cannot even get it installed! Too many JAR files and I can't even find an application file. How do you install this thing?

There is only one JAR file, you unpack the archive and run it using Java.

On right, ETA on bridges: end of this week. If everything will go well, bridges will be ready today or tomorrow.

• Like 3

DeedPlanner 2.4.0 released! Changes:

• Added bridges
  • Added symmetry editing mode
  • Added file > quit
  • Added a lot of new models, including forges, ovens and market stalls
  • Improved model loader which is capable to load a lot of new objects now
  • Fixed maps smaller than 50X50
  • Fixed rendering at heights above 2333
  • Fixed some roofs not being rendered correctly
  • Fixed resizing bug related to cave labels

This is the biggest update to the whole program since the release so far, so bugs ARE expected - that's why I left download of 2.3.5 and permanent link still pointing to it until all issues will be fixed. To get started, I know about stone bridges rendering issues, but decided to left them in until we will find fix for that. Current version can be used for everyday use, but is meant mostly to allow to provide feedback on final polishing/missing or not working stuff. Good luck! :)

• Like 2

Bridges buged can not put them from house to house allways puts them at ground level

even put it so both ends where at 6th floor  and still showing at ground level

for some reason I can't seem to open this program I have the latest version of Java installed, and I'm on windows 10.

Same report about bridges being in the ground.

But loving the update. I've been using this tool ever since I found Wurm and I adore that you were finally able to put ovens and forges in-- and of course my favorite being the marble planter. Hopefully one day soon trellises and beds won't be too much of a hassle~ but thank you for all your hard work! I use this program every day when I'm away from Wurm and it keeps me entertained for hours.

I've used the planner two years ago in Wurm, now that I am back for WU I am very happy to see that it is still alive and thriving! Good job!

There is a problem with keybindings (and I think I recall it was there two years ago too ;)): I cannot change them. I go change the settings in Keybindings.prop to those of an azerty keyboard, launch Deedplanner and they are back to the qwerty default, and the file is overwritten. I try to play it smart and set the file to read-only, only to get an error message upon program and and see the settings back to default. So what I believe the program is currently doing at launch is: set keybindings to default then save the Keybindings.prop. I see no error when it is supposed to try and load my azerty settings. While I believe it should : read keybings.prop; set keybindings to those in the .prop; the end :). Both 2.3.5 and 2.4.0 are affected.

Also, wasn't there a way to move a house to another location? I see a screenshot with ctrl-c ctr-v caption, but I can't find a way to select anything in order to copy/paste.

Also, I can't find any doc nor help file in the program, what is the symmetry feature and how does it work?

Thanks.

Edited by neofit

The wood arched bridge is not working right at least when it is three tiles long i have not tested any other lengths or bridge types. Also it is a little hard to figure out when you have the tile set for the start and finish might i suggest a highlight like you use with the label section..

Edit: I am also not seeing anyway to delete a bridge once it is planned and they do not seem to work from upper floors to the ground either. 

Ka66Guv.jpg

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

I exported a plan today in WU and it appears to be working much better, including terrain height differences except for one thing - the over all height at the deed borders. Am I correct in assuming that it is taking the deed edge and averaging a 0 base line? If so is there an easy way to correct this so that the actual deed borders are set to the correct height?

Has anybody tried importing a deed from Wurm Online that's near the water? It puts me several feet underwater :(