Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Also, I have a deed with a small lake. When viewing the village plan from the token the lake is shown but it's nowhere to be found in the 3d version within DeedPlanner. Is this also a bug or is there a setting I need to turn on somewhere? Perhaps it's related to the floating water table?

You need to manually adjust the whole deed size to proper value.

You need to manually adjust the whole deed size to proper value.

Hmm, not sure I understand. It doesn't have anything to do with deed size. The lake tiles are there, all recessed down and everything... just not showing the water like I would expect it to.

Looking at another deed with a canal it's not showing the water there either so apparently water isn't shown? Except for the weird layer above everything...

Well, now on this map I'm able to adjust the water level to where it should be using the resize function. That didn't seem to be working on the others.

Edited by Araninke

might i suggest going one or two tiles past the deed the planner is cutting off the last tile on my map (west side)

might i suggest going one or two tiles past the deed the planner is cutting off the last tile on my map (west side)

Just tried resizing, as mentioned above, and the walls that are on the west side are there. BUT, the height information is not, so they are smeared down to whatever the base level is.

Would be really nice if the export also included the perimeter, to give the deed some context. Would also enable planning any future expansion.

• Like 2

Hmm, not sure I understand. It doesn't have anything to do with deed size. The lake tiles are there, all recessed down and everything... just not showing the water like I would expect it to.

On the deed resize screen there is the option to add Global Height. Just a matter of trial and error, to add the right amount to get the water level correct.

• Like 1

Would be really nice if the export also included the perimeter, to give the deed some context. Would also enable planning any future expansion.

Yes, please!  Very good idea!!

Hey guys, I just tried loading a .map created by exporting my deed from the client.  Couple issues, wondering if anyone else is seeing them:

1) The map is loaded 180 degrees off.  South is up, West is to the right.  The plan view in the Wurm client is oriented correctly though.

2) The deed is shifted one tile east, not sure how that's even possible since the in-game plan view is correct.

3) I tried to resize the plan to add one tile to the west, but nothing happens.  I click the Resize button, the window closes, nothing changes.

4) The tall stone walls on the edge of my deed didn't import into DP.

5) Some of the tile heights are off.

Most of these can be fixed by hand, no problem, but is there any way to rotate the .map by 180 degrees?

Hey guys, I just tried loading a .map created by exporting my deed from the client.  Couple issues, wondering if anyone else is seeing them:

1) The map is loaded 180 degrees off.  South is up, West is to the right.  The plan view in the Wurm client is oriented correctly though.

2) The deed is shifted one tile east, not sure how that's even possible since the in-game plan view is correct.

3) I tried to resize the plan to add one tile to the west, but nothing happens.  I click the Resize button, the window closes, nothing changes.

4) The tall stone walls on the edge of my deed didn't import into DP.

5) Some of the tile heights are off.

Most of these can be fixed by hand, no problem, but is there any way to rotate the .map by 180 degrees?

Thanks for listening all these problems, I will fix them soon. :)

I noticed that too, walls right along the edge of the deed aren't displaying in DeedPlanner.

Also, all my lavender hedges are showing as wooden fences. Can change it manually, but just kind of a pain.

I noticed that too, walls right along the edge of the deed aren't displaying in DeedPlanner.

Also, all my lavender hedges are showing as wooden fences. Can change it manually, but just kind of a pain.

Not all fences are added to DeedPlanner, in case fence type is unknown exporter is using wooden fence/wall instead.

Not all fences are added to DeedPlanner, in case fence type is unknown exporter is using wooden fence/wall instead.

Maple hedges are showing as rope fence

Hedges are not showing correctly, but this is because the export file does not describe them correctly.

Edited by Wulfmaer

When I exported a deed plan from wurm to the deed planner it worked fine then I resized the deed using the same overall dimensions but shifted a little east and north and tried again and what I'm getting is that the topography is stuck on the original deed placement whilst the tile ground types, building, fences and trees etc are correct for the current deed placement. 

I'm also not able to resize the deed in deedplanner. It won't let me add fences on the very edge of the deed so I wanted to resize by one tile in order to have those be shown and it's just not doing anything...

Here's a sneak peek at the objects I've put in. No, lit forge and oven do not cast light (yet).

Screenshot%202015-10-06%2000.00.03.png?d

How do I get these objects in my install of DeedPlanner?

How do I get these objects in my install of DeedPlanner?

You cannot, unless you will compile DeedPlanner directly from source (all changes are there - bridges branch is still unstable, but master is very stable).

When it comes to resizing problems - it looks like all of them are related to DP not allowing maps smaller than 50X50, and Wurm is forcing it to use much smaller maps. I will unlock this restriction to allow all maps above or equal to 11X11. For now, resizing to maps larger than 50X50 should work.

You cannot, unless you will compile DeedPlanner directly from source (all changes are there - bridges branch is still unstable, but master is very stable).

When it comes to resizing problems - it looks like all of them are related to DP not allowing maps smaller than 50X50, and Wurm is forcing it to use much smaller maps. I will unlock this restriction to allow all maps above or equal to 11X11. For now, resizing to maps larger than 50X50 should work.

I downloaded the master from GitHub, but something tells me there is an extra step because I don't see a way to run the program or anything.

I downloaded the master from GitHub, but something tells me there is an extra step because I don't see a way to run the program or anything.

Are you trying to run it via IDE? This is just code, libraries and assets, no binaries inside.

Are you trying to run it via IDE? This is just code, libraries and assets, no binaries inside.

I tried installing NetBeans, but getting an error about not finding a compatible JDK installation. Don't really know how any of this works, was just trying to get a version with the newer objects. Guess I'll have to wait until they are officially added.

Think I figured it out! Just copied over objects files from master into my installation...

Forges and ovens don't seem to be working however, not showing up at least.

Edited by Araninke

Yes, if you expand the dimensions to at least 50x50 it does allow you to add on tiles on the edges. Unfortunately the height of the new tiles is waaaay below the current deed height.

Edit: This actually worked out well for me after figuring out how to level the land to different heights. Gave me perimeter to work with which in my case contains a paths.

Edited by Araninke

I think you might of misunderstood the issue I have posted here which is not resizing the deed in the deed planner, but that resizing/reshaping the deed in Wurm Online and then creating a new exported map is using the original deed tiles topography yet using all the details like houses, fencing, tile types and objects from the new shape of the deed so you end up with a combination of the two in the deed planner when you open the newer exported file.

I didn't make the deed bigger but shifted it a few tiles north and east using the same overall dimensions.

Here's a sneak peek at the objects I've put in. No, lit forge and oven do not cast light (yet).

Screenshot%202015-10-06%2000.00.03.png?d

I copied over object files from master and successfully got the mailboxes and statues to show up. But forges and ovens don't seem to be working. Any idea why?

DP seems to be stable on Mac (Tested with Yosemite & El Capitan). Let you know if I run into any problems, but 3 hours in, nothing so far.

I copied over object files from master and successfully got the mailboxes and statues to show up. But forges and ovens don't seem to be working. Any idea why?

As Warlander said, you'll need to compile the source from GitHub. I had to add some functionality to the model loader to get forges and ovens working. The other objects don't require that functionality for the most part. I honestly can't recall which ones might.

This requires NetBeans as well as the JDK (Java Development Kit), which you can get from Oracle.

Once it's installed properly, it should build the JAR, which you can just put in your current install, replacing the one that's there.

Edited by Keenan

what version of opengl does this need? Im trying to run it on a old, old laptop and the best my chipset graphics can do is v1.5 but when launching im getting a glCreateProgram" not available error :(