Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Small question: do you want to see loading of models and textures directly from game graphics.jar file?

Pros:

• A LOT smaller size of program (somewhere around 3 mb or even less)
  • Tiny size of updates (and possibility to make updates silently on launch by default)
Cons:
  • dependency on (updated) Wurm
  • visibly longer loading times of data due to compression

Either way is fine with me whatever gets us the most objects and the quickest updates if/when they change them. 

Either way is fine with me whatever gets us the most objects and the quickest updates if/when they change them. 

In case of loading them directly from graphics.jar models and textures are always the same in game and in program, even without any program updates. Loading them from this file should be reliable as long as texture/model ID stays the same and is not deleted.

• visibly longer loading times of data due to compression

if this applies to program startup or loading a saved map i'm perfectly fine with it. if it means constant loading breaks while running the tool i'd rather have the uncompressed files.

if this applies to program startup or loading a saved map i'm perfectly fine with it. if it means constant loading breaks while running the tool i'd rather have the uncompressed files.

Loading occurs only when program needs to load new model/texture - so for example at the program startup, loading saved map as well as starting edition using new ground type etc.

Edited by Warlander

Or you could move with project to GIT, make two repos, one for code, one for textures, add git engine to updater, copy updater to tmp, run from it, close loader/main program, update code and textures by git (it does delta of repos), load updated loader/main from main folder.

I've seen that it could use "rezip" filter for making delta of JAR files too, but it uses a lot of RAM. Without, whole JAR archives are treated as one binary file, so no delta between JAR files.

Slightly improved version. :D

In addition to 9 numbers instead of 5, numbers are always centered in one point (this should be visible and helpful especially in case of very large numbers).

When is this version going to be released? I am still seeing the last version when i downloaded. 

Edited by Kegan

When is this version going to be released? I am still seeing the last version when i downloaded.

Probably in BETA 1 if all goes well.

About when - this is hard to tell now, but I think that somewhere between 2 and 4 weeks.

Edited by Warlander

Quick question: are timber walls going to be in the new version?

Oh, sorry! I was using the stable version. How do I get the alpha to launch? Whenever I launch, I get a java error saying that "A Java Exception has occured."

Oh god. I'm sorry. Dumb question. I forgot I had uninstalled 8. Sorry!

I gotta say, the new alpha version seems a lot more stable and reliable then the old version! That was my biggest issue with it before, looking forward to your progress!

Guys .. im having a problem with the deed planner...

when I download, and save it...and then open it, it says an java execption has occurred...

plz help.

you need java 8 to use it there is a link in the first post with the place to get it. 

When will diagonal roads be added? Is this possible / going to happen soon? :D

Diagonal roads are in alpha since the first version. :)

Chain link fences should be added in the next version.

• Like 1

Diagonal roads are in alpha since the first version. :)

I guess this is not real clear i did not know they were in there until you posted this but with a little discovery i found them. 

It is the blocks on the top of the ground materials list for anyone else that does not know how to get diagonal roads to work..

ymmYou1.jpg

Edit: It only works on gravel and cobblestone it seems.

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Its working \o/

however i'm having a problem I saw someone else was having earlier:

JNBYQnQ.jpg

O3mV1mP.jpg

Its working \o/

however i'm having a problem I saw someone else was having earlier:

there is a setting in options at the bottom right to toggle "show terrain noise"

edit: well i guess that was the problem you were having?  If not you might want to describe it more so he knows what it is

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

there is a setting in options at the bottom right to toggle "show terrain noise"

edit: well i guess that was the problem you were having?  If not you might want to describe it more so he knows what it is

that corrected it.

I saw someone posted a screenshot that was similar and maybe I misunderstood, but the next post said it was fixed so I assumed it was some sort of bug :D