Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

im having issues with tryign get this to even open could someone who undrstands this program please pm me so i can start using it...i have downloaded it many times and it just will not opent he actual program it only lets me open the updater.

Im having issues with this locking up and becoming unresponsive when I try to resize. 

I have tried to resize at 1,3,5,7,20,25,50 increments and same result on everything. I have uninstalled and reinstalled java. I am up to date on my Java. I have 64g of ram, i7 proc, 2x7950's for a pc. I have tried importing pastebins and maps from people and also get the same result.

Very frustrating!!

I did some testing. Trying to resize the width by 14 or more at a time causes the client to crash for me. I can increase width any any smaller increments and it is fine. Increasing the height seems to be completely fine. So while tedious, it seems I was able to create a layout the size I required by just resizing in several steps.

For what it is worth, and your millage may vary, I found that zooming in to the tiles so that the screen is filled with the tiles (no black showing) before resizing seems to avoid the lockup/crash.  Could just be luck but it has been working for me for the most part.  Now if other things would not crash.

• Like 1

Good find mongoo. That seems to work nicely. :)

Hello,

I was using the Deedplanner tool to recreate deeded area, saved it as a file (.MAP) and when I tried to re-open I am getting the following error. I did re-size the initial map and a little browsing said this was having issues still, so is the error on my part or the program?

Exception in thread "Mapper thread" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 25

at Mapper.Mapper.draw(Mapper.java:221)

at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:131)

at Mapper.Mapper.access$200(Mapper.java:36)

at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:118)

EDIT: Moving the save files off the desktop and into the actual saves folder worked. My mistake.

Edited by Bluearcher

I need someone who is good at 3d modelling and know Collada (.dae) format well - I want to ask a few questions related to it. If you want to help, please write me a PM.

Edited by Warlander

For what it is worth, and your millage may vary, I found that zooming in to the tiles so that the screen is filled with the tiles (no black showing) before resizing seems to avoid the lockup/crash.  Could just be luck but it has been working for me for the most part.  Now if other things would not crash.

This has worked flawlessly for me, bot for resizing and loading saves, Ruger.

I also have the crashing issue whenever resizing. Along with unable to load saved files.

I finally found out why models with multiple meshes are loaded incorrectly, so... How about opening with ladder? :)

ao-dqwkszsutcffhibiacbt.png

This change will also allow me to load another "complex" models like flags, banners and forges.

ETA to the first public alpha - about 2, in worst case 3 weeks. Everything should go smoothly now.

Resizing in version 2 shouldn't cause any crashes - earlier versions were resizing map while updating and rendering was still in progress, currently program must wait until all operations are done before replacing the old map with a new/resized one.

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 4

I finally found out why models with multiple meshes are loaded incorrectly, so... How about opening with ladder? :)

ao-dqwkszsutcffhibiacbt.png

This change will also allow me to load another "complex" models like flags, banners and forges.

ETA to the first public alpha - about 2, in worst case 3 weeks. Everything should go smoothly now.

Resizing in version 2 shouldn't cause any crashes - earlier versions were resizing map while updating and rendering was still in progress, currently program must wait until all operations are done before replacing the old map with a new/resized one.

So I've been making a few deed plans, and I'm really noticing how grainy the graphics are, is there something I need to toggle, or what perhaps? It's driving me nuts because I can't get nice pictures of my work...

Screenshot (Click on the picture itself to see what I mean better):

GKKE74T.png

Edited by Shrimpiie

I would have said to enable mipmapping, Shrimpie, but mine doesn't seem to change anything. I just know that mipmapping is what you need.

So I've been making a few deed plans, and I'm really noticing how grainy the graphics are, is there something I need to toggle, or what perhaps? It's driving me nuts because I can't get nice pictures of my work...

Screenshot (Click on the picture itself to see what I mean better):

GKKE74T.png

Make sure you enable mipmapping in the settings.  My antialiasing is set on 4 and my mipmapping is toggled on.  Try that and see if it helps.

Look at the bottom of the window - "Error has occured - please see error log for more details" - is this label always visible? What is inside error log?

No, it was only visible when I tried to mess with the settings. By default for me the antialiasing was set to 16 and the midmapping was toggled. Will post the error log when I get home today.

EDIT: Error Logs

Exception in thread "Interface thread" java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Float cannot be cast to java.lang.Double
    at Form.SettingsWindow.jButton1ActionPerformed(SettingsWindow.java:252)
    at Form.SettingsWindow.access$000(SettingsWindow.java:7)
    at Form.SettingsWindow$1.actionPerformed(SettingsWindow.java:73)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Edited by Shrimpiie

When will you add those new things?

//Elsa/Vilhelmina/Lupita

About 2-3 weeks - almost everything is done, I just need to rework roofs, polish everything and improve loading/saving.

Alpha will not allow to import old DP plans - I will allow this when all features from old versions (except caves) will be implemented.

• Like 1

Deed Planner (version 1.7p) is unusable for me. I have the latest 64-bit Java installed (1.7.0_60) on a machine with Windows 7 and it freezes every time I start editing slopes using the 'edit slope' tool under the elevation tab. There's nothing in my error log file, either. I have no idea what's going wrong.

I tried running Deed Planner on my Linux setup and I get this error when I launch the program:

Failed to create display!
DISPLAY CREATION FAILED
Jun 06, 2014 11:26:25 PM Lib.Graphics.GLInit initDisplay
SEVERE: null
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not choose GLX13 config
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.initDefaultPeerInfo(Native Method)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.<init>(LinuxDisplayPeerInfo.java:61)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.LinuxDisplay.createPeerInfo(LinuxDisplay.java:788)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.DrawableGL.setPixelFormat(DrawableGL.java:61)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:846)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:757)
at Lib.Graphics.GLInit.initDisplay(GLInit.java:35)
at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:87)

I'm using the latest version of Java 7 as well (1.7.0_60).

Edited by Laiwyn

I am getting the following error when trying to load saved files.

Exception in thread "Mapper thread" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 25
at Mapper.Mapper.draw(Mapper.java:221)
at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:131)
at Mapper.Mapper.access$200(Mapper.java:36)
at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:118)

Shortly after receiving this bug the client started to refuse to launch properly and would crash without any error log. At the time when it crashes the area where the world is typically shown is black. I have "fixed" this issue before by deleting the old files and recopying them

So out of curiosity Warlander, can you figure out what the issue is based on the error log I put into my post?

I've tried changing antialiasing through all it's settings, and toggled midmapping for all the combinations with the previously stated setting.

I am getting the following error when trying to load saved files.

Exception in thread "Mapper thread" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 25	at Mapper.Mapper.draw(Mapper.java:221)	at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:131)	at Mapper.Mapper.access$200(Mapper.java:36)	at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:118)
Shortly after receiving this bug the client started to refuse to launch properly and would crash without any error log. At the time when it crashes the area where the world is typically shown is black. I have "fixed" this issue before by deleting the old files and recopying them

Every time i try to expand the work area the planer locks up completely 

The first time i changed it it worked fine and was able to zoom out but now when i open it again opens fine then as soon as i expand the work area crash's 

edit: i have to force close the program not that it crash's with an error log

Edited by kiku