Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

Super excited about the last release \o/ thank you for all your hard work!

I wanted to stop by though to show you this funny cluster of bugs I found

screenshot_2017_04_16_at_08_50_52.png

It seems like the kiln and the smelter wanted to be part of the hype as well. The two arched walls on both sides of the middle are actually not plain arched walls. It seems like the program thinks they are for some reason-- plus the strange wooden bits at the bottom of them are very confusing. I wish you good luck bug crushing, though x.x I know in a bigger release you probably have lots of work to do. I hope some of this helped you.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you so much for this! I didn't dare to plan new house properly without the deed planner's update. And boy, it's been 4 YEARS. Thank you for such a great tool, I've always planned my houses with this. :) 

I have found an issue with the cave layer. If you have an unlevel surface layer (floor 1) you can not put down walls in the cave layer even when the cave layer is level on its height map.  (seems to have been an issue in the old version as well) 

Edited by Kegan

I have a question - I remember I used to be able to paint walls in RGB values in Deed planner. Has that function been removed, or am I just blind?

8 minutes ago, Joneya said:

I have a question - I remember I used to be able to paint walls in RGB values in Deed planner. Has that function been removed, or am I just blind?

This functionality was removed in DeedPlanner 2, but might come back later.

Oh, I also found hazelnut is missing, figured I would throw it out there. Gotta love your work though! :wub: (*runs back to play around with deed planner*)

Having a problem where all of my sandstone pavement loads in as clay brick pavement.

4 hours ago, Kegan said:

I have found an issue with the cave layer. If you have an unlevel surface layer (floor 1) you can not put down walls in the cave layer even when the cave layer is level on its height map.  (seems to have been an issue in the old version as well) 

I have the same problem, not only walls but also floors.

14 hours ago, Warlander said:

When you run the program using .jar directly from system explorer - is there a file called "ErrorLog.txt" created in the same directory? Is it empty?

First off, thank you so much for your speedy response!

I found the ErrorLog.txt but it was not in the same directory as the Deedplanner.jar and yes it has text that seems to update every time I run the .jar from the cmd prompt.

I found it by clicking on the "Copy and open program official thread" button that is on the big red error box. Apparently my ErrorLog.txt file is in my user directory.

The ErrorLog.txt is pretty long. Please let me know if I should post it, here in a spoiler, or where to send it if you want me to send it to you.

This may seem like a small issue to most, but in the latest version you cannot place another roof above or below a currently existing roof. However, you CAN do this in the game. I do so in some of my weirder building designs, and it'd be nice to be able to preview said designs in deedplanner.

8 hours ago, Kitaelia said:

First off, thank you so much for your speedy response!

I found the ErrorLog.txt but it was not in the same directory as the Deedplanner.jar and yes it has text that seems to update every time I run the .jar from the cmd prompt.

I found it by clicking on the "Copy and open program official thread" button that is on the big red error box. Apparently my ErrorLog.txt file is in my user directory.

The ErrorLog.txt is pretty long. Please let me know if I should post it, here in a spoiler, or where to send it if you want me to send it to you.

This means that there is something wrong with your Java configuration - try to navigate to DeedPlanner folder in cmd and run program from here, DP must be executed from the same location as its executable file in order to start properly.

If this still doesn't help, we could arrange Team Viewer session (please leave me personal message in this case) - my "main" internet provider have problems right now and I am running on highly limited mobile connection, but should be able to do so in next 1-2 days.

3 hours ago, Vaugher said:

This may seem like a small issue to most, but in the latest version you cannot place another roof above or below a currently existing roof. However, you CAN do this in the game. I do so in some of my weirder building designs, and it'd be nice to be able to preview said designs in deedplanner.

Hmm... I personally didn't even knew this is possible, I will enable this back soon.

My old slate slabs who now with the new walls would be converted to slate brick pavement is not be shown in deed plan anymore.

On 4/15/2017 at 2:47 PM, Darkshade said:

First off, thank you for your work on Deeplanner :) . I noticed the new fences are missing, only the new fence gates are added.

Sorry for bringing this up again, but no one mentioned if I'm just blind or if the new fence types are missing :D

Would like to see how my deed would look like with different fence types before I build more fences ingame :P

59 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Sorry for bringing this up again, but no one mentioned if I'm just blind or if the new fence types are missing :D

Would like to see how my deed would look like with different fence types before I build more fences ingame :P

Hmm... I see that new stone fences are missing, will add them as soon as I will be able to. :)

• Like 3

Found a few more things:

(I feel like I have read this reported but cant find it (possibly blind)) - actual indoor floor versions of the new pavement styles are missing.

Pottery windows are saving as "pottery narrow windows" (loaded a saved map and now the regular windows are all "narrow").

Also an age old missing texture, but the tapestries all look green to me (I personally love being able to check color matching properties in deed planner before making stuff).

Edited by Joneya

2 hours ago, Joneya said:

Pottery windows are saving as "pottery narrow windows" (loaded a saved map and now the regular windows are all "narrow").

Same with sandstone windows.

after importing a deed from the settlement token, slate slab pavement is loading as grass. 

3 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

after importing a deed from the settlement token, slate slab pavement is loading as grass. 

Known issue - I will update in-game exporter when all DeedPlanner database issues will be resolved.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Known issue - I will update in-game exporter when all DeedPlanner database issues will be resolved.

Please don't forget to add diagonal roads :)

Please check this older post too:

Some of these issues may have been fixed by now...

17 hours ago, Warlander said:

This means that there is something wrong with your Java configuration - try to navigate to DeedPlanner folder in cmd and run program from here, DP must be executed from the same location as its executable file in order to start properly.

If this still doesn't help, we could arrange Team Viewer session (please leave me personal message in this case) - my "main" internet provider have problems right now and I am running on highly limited mobile connection, but should be able to do so in next 1-2 days.

Hmm well the ErrorLog.txt had this error in it:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Kitaelia\Data\objects.xml (The system cannot find the path specified)

Since my C:\Users\Kitaelia folder is where I found the ErrorLog.txt and the ".DeedPlanner" folder that has the Properties folder and Properties.txt file in it...I tried moving my DeedPlanner 2.8.0 folder with the Jar file, Data folder, and lib folder there. When that failed, I then copied the Data folder, Lib folder, and DeedPlanner.jar from DeedPlanner 2.8.0 directly into my C:\Users\Kitaelia and once again attempted to navigate to DeedPlanner.jar by running cmd prompt java.exe -jar "C:\Users\Kitaelia\DeedPlanner.jar" and it FINALLY WORKED!

So now it is working.. I'm just not so sure I like having loose program folders in my computer's user folder, because it might mean I'll forget what they are for sometime down the road. But at least it's working for now. :)

I'm receiving a fatal error when attempting to add bridges into my plan.  The error message causes the application to freeze, and I can only exit the application with the task manager at that point.

Spoiler

[2017-04-18 21:33:53] Error has occurred!
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java version: 1.8.0_91
DeedPlanner 2.8.0
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Data\Bridges\Marble\bridgeTilingMarble.png (The system cannot find the file specified)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.util.texture.TextureIO$StreamBasedTextureProvider.newTextureData(TextureIO.java:1060)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.util.texture.TextureIO.newTextureDataImpl(TextureIO.java:849)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.util.texture.TextureIO.newTextureData(TextureIO.java:218)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.util.texture.TextureIO.newTexture(TextureIO.java:476)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.graphics.texture.SimpleTex.init(SimpleTex.java:123)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.graphics.texture.SimpleTex.bind(SimpleTex.java:85)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.graphics.texture.SimpleTex.bind(SimpleTex.java:66)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.graphics.wom.Mesh.render(Mesh.java:25)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.graphics.wom.Model.render(Model.java:108)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.bridges.BridgePart.render(BridgePart.java:88)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.renderGround(Tile.java:182)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.render3d(Tile.java:169)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.render(Map.java:450)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.graphics.GraphicsLoop.display(GraphicsLoop.java:58)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.displayImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:665)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:649)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$Updater.display(GLJPanel.java:1213)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$8.run(GLJPanel.java:1269)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGLImpl(GLDrawableHelper.java:1119)
    at jogamp.opengl.GLDrawableHelper.invokeGL(GLDrawableHelper.java:994)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel$OffscreenBackend.doPaintComponent(GLJPanel.java:1777)
    at javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel.paintComponent(GLJPanel.java:545)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paint(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintToOffscreen(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paintDoubleBuffered(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$PaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paint(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent._paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.JComponent.paintImmediately(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager$4.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
    at javax.swing.RepaintManager.paintDirtyRegions(Unknown Source)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.util.AWTAnimatorImpl$1.run(AWTAnimatorImpl.java:162)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I get the above error message when trying to create a 3x7 tile flat marble bridge from ground level to 3rd story.

Noticed that a paved in a nearest corner tile appears as fully paved tile.

great job btw.

1 hour ago, Epryss said:

Noticed that a paved in a nearest corner tile appears as fully paved tile.

great job btw.

:D

root@kitdesk:/home/kitchener/Downloads/DeedPlanner 2.8.0# java DeedPlanner.jar 
Error: Could not find or load main class DeedPlanner.jar

Sorry I am not that familiar with Java programming so not sure if this is java or me. I am running Debian linux and have not seen this error before and cant find the main class when i open the archive. Does this still work with Linux and am I doing something wrong? I am logged in as root just to make sure all the permissions are correct.

Thanks