Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

You must add writ first - floors and roofs can be added only inside writ tiles.

Just downloaded the newest version, and tried out a few building sizes to test calculations -- the 1x1 calculation works, but it breaks down at a 2x1 and larger.

The three buildings are all single story buildings.

errorimg1.png

The proper skill requirement for "writ 1" should only be 43.

The number increased as tried to plan it as a 2 story with a roof.

.** Here are results after planning 2nd floor. **

errorimg2.png

** Here are results after planning roof. **

errorimg3.png

Well i'm starting to think that at the speed that you dish out new versions, we might be needing a auto-updater.

Can't you use the writ to calculate the skill (that would simulate wurm's process better)?

Edited by ReaverKane

Version 1.3c released - for now without calculations improvements, changes in this version:

-fixed bugs related to carpentry calculations

-added small feature for external developers: this is possible to run program with command line argument directing to .MAP file for instant map load on program boot (let it be a hint for you on what is coming from another developer ;))

Skill calculations are already writ-based.

Autoupdater... Good idea, I will try to add it ASAP. ;)

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1

Also, forgot about this, are you thinking on ever adding a height map? Can't have a proper deed plan without planning for flatraised areas and such. ^_^ (Not on my deeds at least, not one of them so far is on 100% flat land)

Height map and objects are planned for next two major versions.

Looking good, just remade those three buildings with newest version, and carpentry skill calculations seem to be working perfectly.

Great job on getting the errors fixed so quickly.

EDIT: Just checked on the carpentry calculations for multistory housing -- and its not keeping up with the jump in skill with each new floor after the 4th.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Multistory

**Example** I planned a simple 2x2 which would normally require 12 @ ground floor and 21 w/ a second story --- I took it all the way up to 10 stories, and the carpentry skill requirement was still listing 21.

Not sure how difficult this would be for you to program in, just one other thing i thought I would aspect I figured I'd test the program with.

Great job so far though. Keep it up.

Edited by Hiro

looking forward to the heightmap stuff ;)

Looking good, just remade those three buildings with newest version, and carpentry skill calculations seem to be working perfectly.

Great job on getting the errors fixed so quickly.

EDIT: Just checked on the carpentry calculations for multistory housing -- and its not keeping up with the jump in skill with each new floor after the 4th.

http://www.wurmpedia....php/Multistory

**Example** I planned a simple 2x2 which would normally require 12 @ ground floor and 21 w/ a second story --- I took it all the way up to 10 stories, and the carpentry skill requirement was still listing 21.

Not sure how difficult this would be for you to program in, just one other thing i thought I would aspect I figured I'd test the program with.

Great job so far though. Keep itup.

Its not taking into account the skill needed to build floors, only to plan the original one, the per floor requirement is fixed, so doesn't really need a calculator.

Skill calculations are already writ-based.

Autoupdater... Good idea, I will try to add it ASAP. ;)

What i meant by being writ based is that it would be great if just by planning the writ we should already get the skill required (without needing extra walls or floors - also would bypass the need for the "blank floor tile"), atm it's still working like before, just per writ.

PS: About the blank floor tile, is it possible to add some transparency (alpha channel) to it so it works more like a dye on the underlying floors than a opaque thing?

Edited by ReaverKane

Version 1.3d with auto-updater released! I hope you will like it, it have even progress bar! :) I have also fixed next calculations bugs.

Transparency is rather advanced topic, so currently this is rather impossible as I would have to rewrite rendering engine.

(I hope autoupdater don't have any bugs as it can update everything... except itself)

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1

PS: About the blank floor tile, is it possible to add some transparency (alpha channel) to it so it works more like a dye on the underlying floors than a opaque thing?

If you don't like the opaqueness of the blank floor tile, try using the "unfinished floor" as that is just the wooden frame out of the floor tiles.

Updates for the Update god!

With the newest update, it won't let me create a writ larger than a 1x1.

Also, I got this error.

Failed to create display!

Another try with lower antyaliasing: 8 samples

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1

at Mapper.Logic.WritUpdater.fillInfect(WritUpdater.java:143)

at Mapper.Logic.WritUpdater.checkAndAdd(WritUpdater.java:115)

at Mapper.Logic.WritUpdater.update(WritUpdater.java:62)

at Mapper.Logic.MapUpdater.update(MapUpdater.java:29)

at Mapper.Mapper.logic(Mapper.java:175)

at Mapper.Mapper.loop(Mapper.java:103)

at Mapper.Mapper.access$500(Mapper.java:25)

at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:87)

With the newest update, it won't let me create a writ larger than a 1x1.

Also, I got this error.

For me everything works right, I didn't changed anything in this part of code since 1.3 major release. Can you check if this problem still exist after program restart?

I am getting a bug when you clear a project it turns the screen gray and locks up when you try to click on the mapper again after the clear is done.

Edit: Note it only happens after you place a writ so i am guessing it has something to do with that.

Edited by Kegan

I also can't plan writs bigger than 1x1 and apparently i'm allowed to plan adjacent houses (not sure if intended or not).

Edited by ReaverKane

[1.3d]

When MAP is loaded, planner don't load writ. 

Writ is in tab but not in edit window.

With that there is another problem - calculations.

If I want to calculate writ, I need to save project if not saved, clear, load, go to writs tab, select desired writ, create writ in edit window again (don't need to add new writ, just select it at edit again) - now can calculate.

Edited by Kitsunenobaka

@up2 - Is there anything printed in error log? (just after bug is taking place)

Edited by Warlander

@up2 - Is there anything printed in error log? (just after bug is taking place)

Not sure if you were asking me or not but i did get a log with the clear/writ thing..

at Mapper.Logic.WritUpdater.fillInfect(WritUpdater.java:145)

I found this error, fixed it and made some deeds to be sure everything works well - by the way I have found some other bugs (like floor filling bug outside writ) and fixed them, too. I will release new version when I will make some changes to calculations.

WARNING - when new version will come out, please download it using site download and replace Updater.jar as it have some bugs which may interrupt installation of new DeedPlanner version!

I can't seem to paint floors, I can paint ground tiles but not floors...

When I use the fill option, it just paints the entire map with a floor, but the pencil and select options don't work...

Edited by KyleBooze

You can paint floors only on writs - fill option is bugged in current version, but I have already fixed it and will release this bugfix in next update.

Edit: 1.3e released! Please download this version using site download, because Updater program have some bugs which can interrupt installation of new version.

Changes in this version:

-Updater unzip bug fixed

-clear project bug fixed

-floors fill option bug fixed

-update checker in program improved (should make program start faster and run correctly without internet connection)

-new calculation mode (for writs and whole deed): calculate all objects on map and materials for each object type

-new calculation mode (only for whole deed): calculate all materials for each floor

Edited by Warlander

OK, Writs aren't working that great...

Idk exactly how it happened, i am trying to get my deed on the calc.

So i started with my biggest building, the townhall...

Its a 4x7 Building that is divided into 2 4x3 sections with a hallway created with arches and inner doors.

I planned it then did the calc just to check, it was giving out really low counts, so i decided to delete the writ and whole building to check what the error was... So basically it deleted only the hallway section, and left the rest, when i deleted tiles to try and get rid of those, it expanded the "writs" to the off-deed if i "painted outside the lines" and deleted all structures outside the original writ.

Apparently inner walls are messing up with the writ thing.

Also its been crashing quite frequently when starting or closing...

Edited by ReaverKane

Crashes should generate error report - without them I don't know what's wrong, so I can't fix this issue please post them when aby crash takes place. ;)

Also, about the writ bug - for me everything works correct, did you do something before planning this writ? (house below was calculated and deleted correctly)

yjqu.png

Edited by Warlander