Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

I know you were making improvements and fixing things but would love to see tall stone walls added in soon :)

Edit: Another bug/oversight found the right click delete does not work on roofs only seems to be working on floors and walls for me.

Edited by Kegan

Awesome! Aly and I just did this, and the Pastebin option is really handy. ;)

/>http://www.wlhost.net/images/privateimages/7430a.png

Great structure! I'm glad that you like my program. :)

The only problem is the scrolling on the menu breaks after you activate the field.

Edit: Also, your "mortar" is lowercased for house walls so it creates a separate item count.

"mortar" typo will be fixed in next update - this is matter of changing literally one letter in Objects.txt. ;)

I think that I will add scrolling (possible when scale change with mouse scroll is off), but it will rather work as something like "quickbar" - this should be both comfortable and encourage users to modding (to change floors/walls/roofs order).

I have problem with adding palisades and tall stone walls because of another model format - I must find a way to convert .xsi into .obj. I also have problems with hedges texturing, I hope to fix them soon. ;)

Roofs right-click deleting problem: I will check it.

Edited by Warlander

Nicely done on the new version:

The wall placement bug is mostly gone, there is only a small spot on some of the borders occationally that will bug out, but I can't reproduce it reliably.

Love the right click delete and the scroll option.

Got something on the roof rotation uppon deletion bug: I can't identify a clear pattern, but it seems to do with how you drew the roof in the first place:

Like, if you draw the roof in straight lines and then remove a tile everything is fine, but when you drew the roof randomly and remove a tile, some of the adjacent tiles may turn the wrong way.

Edit: found one pattern: when you draw this 1, 2, 3 and then delete 2, you get the wonky corner at A, but when you draw this 3, 2, 1 and remove the corner at 2 you get the correct corner at B:

WJXfbg5.png

Edited by Keldun

the program doesnt work for me only get a grey box like this

okay i am not getting a grid in my window it is just the gray color like the boarders i can see the load/save stuff but no textures in the tabs like for the walls etc. (Java 7 update 17)

zvBRXNK.jpg

my error log

Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported

at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:58)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL30.glGenerateMipmap(GL30.java:1236)

at Lib.Graphics.TextureLoader.loadPNGTexture(TextureLoader.java:46)

at Lib.Object.DataLoader.preloader(DataLoader.java:94)

at Lib.Object.DataLoader.load(DataLoader.java:64)

at Mapper.Mapper$1.run(Mapper.java:52)

when was the last time you downloaded? He just put a new version out today delete the one you have and try the new download.

Edited by Kegan

just downloaded the new version before i posted, doesn't work

This is caused by remains of modern pipeline code from my other projects/games - textures without this piece of code looks much worse, so I have decided to keep it. I have added old pipeline version of this code, so it should work everywhere now, but textures will have lower quality on older computers (very visible when camera is moving).

Version 1.1a released - this is the only change in this version, so update notifier will don't show anything.

So between the version I got about 24 hours ago and the version I just downloaded, I know they are different, but was something changes with the textures?

CAN"T SAY ENOUGH HOW AWESOME THIS IS.

Seriously.

You. Freaking. Rock. andi'mtellingeveryone

Yes, amazing app, I'm planning a Guild Hall at the moment :D

Going to be a huge structure but soooo worth it. Being able to look at what I want to build before I actually create it is amazing!

Found another quark when you try to save over an existing map file with the same name it saves it as a new file and just adds another .map on the end instead of replacing the old one.

Edited by Kegan

is great future... need to be a bit inproved and limited.... but is great tool

1z3tlb6.jpg2nlsizr.jpg

Edited by RockyBalboa

Too bad those buildings aren't possible in Wurm itself.

So between the version I got about 24 hours ago and the version I just downloaded, I know they are different, but was something changes with the textures?

Only on low-end computers without OpenGL 3 support.

I will take a look on maps saving bug, it should be rather easy to fix.

In 1.2 I am going to add area resizing, possibility to change grass tiles into another types of terrain, remove uneditable tiles at area edges, preparations to add heightmap and objects. (yes, this tool will be both house planner/calculator and deed planner)

Before 1.2, I will try to add hedges, palisades and tall stone walls, bugfixes, few small features (like already done and waiting for next release quickbar).

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 1

Version 1.1b released - update notifier should notify about the new update.

Changes:

-added tall stone walls to the database

-In top view mode:

1. you can use "q" and "e" to change roofs

2. you can use mouse wheel to change currently selected floor/wall/roof

I will (probably) add palisades in next update. ;)

Edited by Warlander

Hey, I'm liking the update reminder it gives :D

And love the new update again. I'm really using this thing for all my buildings

So also found out that when in 2d view, and you zoom in or out, it scrolls what you have highlighted on the left hand side.

Edited by Shrimpiie

got it to work, only wish is that you had a larger grid to work with.

got it to work, only wish is that you had a larger grid to work with.

Would be nice, dunno how tough that would be for him to code, but i'd like it. I have half a village planned so far, but ran outta space haha.

Also someday.. not soon of course as it would be a lot of work.. but i'd love to see decorations added. Perhaps grow this into a full on wurm planner of sorts?

As is, its freaking amazing though..

In 1.2 I am going to add area resizing, possibility to change grass tiles into another types of terrain, remove uneditable tiles at area edges, preparations to add heightmap and objects. (yes, this tool will be both house planner/calculator and deed planner)

he is working on it give him time :)

Ok, simply put - you rock bigtime.

Awesome program.

If you're playing on Release, I'll send you some silver.

Sadly I'm Deliverance player. ;) If anyone want to thank me for the program I am accepting in-game "donations", nick Warlander. :)

Sorry for small shift - I am now working directly on version 1.2, so some features planned for pre-1.2 (like palisades) will be added in 1.2, this also applies to bugfixes. Program will still be called HouseCalc, but from version 1.3 it will be renamed to DeedCalc.

Edited by Warlander

Hehehe, workin' on a full out deed clculator then?

Also, wanted to say hen I try to save the things I create, the pop up window it gives is full of repeating ---> 0,0,0,

Dunno why, when I save it like that then I can no longer open the file...

0 = null tile/wall in program. If you save your map as file or Pastebin saving should work in every case (if file is not modified - deleting even one ',' changes everything).

I will improve loading alghoritm in 1.2, currently it is rather slow.

Edit: 1.2 code is finished - now only palisades are left.

Edited by Warlander

now its time to send you my thanks, i use this app everyday and it makes me happy ;) you are wonderful and i hope you get time enough to play wurm hehe :)

my ask is now, is it possible to get the needed mats for each storey in a building? because some users dont produce xk planks bricks mortar and then build the whole house.

for me it would be very helpfull when i begin on a day to build the next floor and know the mats i need.

thanks for this awesome app, its one of the best....oh no.....ITS the best ;)

greetz Eject