Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

47 minutes ago, Fizziepop said:

Love this! Thank you!

How do I do caves with it? Cannot find anything...

Floor levels can go into negative values, which switches view from surface to underground.

• Like 1

Hey Warlander. Thanks for the update. I need to share a few bug reports, mainly with bridges;

cj6cyLC.png

MN98vf6.png

(The bridge is set at a 20 slope. Seems to happen when it's four tiles long. All I can hope is this doesn't happen ingame.)

There's also this that I get when loading up a map;

[2017-12-10 13:27:52] Error has occurred!
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java version: 1.8.0_151
DeedPlanner 2.8.10
java.io.FileNotFoundException: Data\Objects (Access is denied)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.util.texture.TextureIO$StreamBasedTextureProvider.newTextureData(TextureIO.java:1060)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.util.texture.TextureIO.newTextureDataImpl(TextureIO.java:849)
    at com.jogamp.opengl.util.texture.TextureIO.newTextureData(TextureIO.java:218)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.graphics.texture.SimpleTex.lambda$loadTextureData$29(SimpleTex.java:168)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Doesn't seem to affect anything, though.

Edited by Benie
A bit more info of the bridge render issue.

i cant find it myself but is there a option to copy the current floor to the above? ill try to make a multi story house with the same layout until the last floor, do i need to remake the same floor again or is there a option to copy it?

And thanks for the amazing app i now can see how the fences walls etc looks like in game because the wurmpedia is outdated dont even have the slate versions im planning to use.

5 minutes ago, Asmodeuss said:

i cant find it myself but is there a option to copy the current floor to the above? ill try to make a multi story house with the same layout until the last floor, do i need to remake the same floor again or is there a option to copy it?

And thanks for the amazing app i now can see how the fences walls etc looks like in game because the wurmpedia is outdated dont even have the slate versions im planning to use.

No way to copy anything so far, between the floors or on the same floor. :)

I only get this when I click the fences under walls tab.

[2017-12-13 11:11:21] Error has occurred!
Java version: 1.8.0_144
DeedPlanner 2.8.10
javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't read input file!
	at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(ImageIO.java:1301)
	at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.WallData.getIcon(WallData.java:57)
	at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.Planner$2.getTreeCellRendererComponent(Planner.java:85)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$NodeDimensionsHandler.getNodeDimensions(BasicTreeUI.java:2807)
	at javax.swing.tree.AbstractLayoutCache.getNodeDimensions(AbstractLayoutCache.java:492)
	at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.updatePreferredSize(VariableHeightLayoutCache.java:1360)
	at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(VariableHeightLayoutCache.java:1496)
	at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(VariableHeightLayoutCache.java:1288)
	at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.ensurePathIsExpanded(VariableHeightLayoutCache.java:984)
	at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.setExpandedState(VariableHeightLayoutCache.java:182)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.updateExpandedDescendants(BasicTreeUI.java:1696)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.treeExpanded(BasicTreeUI.java:3805)
	at javax.swing.JTree.fireTreeExpanded(JTree.java:2764)
	at javax.swing.JTree.setExpandedState(JTree.java:3629)
	at javax.swing.JTree.expandPath(JTree.java:2212)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.toggleExpandState(BasicTreeUI.java:2286)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.handleExpandControlClick(BasicTreeUI.java:2273)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.checkForClickInExpandControl(BasicTreeUI.java:2231)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.handleSelection(BasicTreeUI.java:3600)
	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.mousePressed(BasicTreeUI.java:3548)
	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6530)
	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3324)
	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6298)
	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2236)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4889)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2294)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4888)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4522)
	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4466)
	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2280)
	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2746)
	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4711)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:758)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:90)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:731)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:729)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:80)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:728)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

I do not see any error otherwise.

Just dropping it here.

sr15NjK.jpg

I'm not 100% sure yet if perfect isometric projection is ideal (every floor is EXACTLY one tile higher, so for example floor level higher appears the same as floor on tile with (1, 1) coordinate shift), but most important thing is that it works already, together with editing. :)

• Like 4

That's neat. I think doing a 1:1 shift will stretch things up a bit vertically, since wurm floors are 3m high (i think) and tiles are 4x4m... but it's better than nothing :P

I was using the 'fill' function and it just gave me this error:

i have 16gig ram

Spoiler

[2017-12-22 02:23:43] Error has occurred!
Java version: 1.8.0_111
DeedPlanner 2.8.9
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Vector.grow(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Vector.ensureCapacityHelper(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Vector.addElement(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Stack.push(Unknown Source)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.lambda$floodFill$58(GroundUpdater.java:69)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2$$Lambda$40/76130056.accept(Unknown Source)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.getTileAndExecute(Map.java:751)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.floodFill(GroundUpdater.java:69)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.action(GroundUpdater.java:49)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundMode.update(GroundMode.java:18)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater.update(GroundUpdater.java:17)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.LogicLoop.run(LogicLoop.java:65)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

49 minutes ago, MootRed said:

I was using the 'fill' function and it just gave me this error:

i have 16gig ram

Hide contents

[2017-12-22 02:23:43] Error has occurred!
Java version: 1.8.0_111
DeedPlanner 2.8.9
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at java.util.Vector.grow(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Vector.ensureCapacityHelper(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Vector.addElement(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Stack.push(Unknown Source)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.lambda$floodFill$58(GroundUpdater.java:69)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2$$Lambda$40/76130056.accept(Unknown Source)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.getTileAndExecute(Map.java:751)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.floodFill(GroundUpdater.java:69)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater$2.action(GroundUpdater.java:49)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundMode.update(GroundMode.java:18)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.ground.GroundUpdater.update(GroundUpdater.java:17)
    at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.logic.LogicLoop.run(LogicLoop.java:65)
    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

Out of 16 gb DeedPlanner is using max 1 gb by default (which usually is enough for even the huge maps), that's why this happens - I will look at reimplementing this feature with more memory efficient algorithm.

imported new deed from token map. It seems to be cutting off a bunch of tiles to the north and east. Not sure how to correct this.

The size of Nysa is 65 by 71.

Showing 35. The setting "visible vertical tiles" is by default 40, and not able to be changed. 

Any ideas to get it all on?

2 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

imported new deed from token map. It seems to be cutting off a bunch of tiles to the north and east. Not sure how to correct this.

The size of Nysa is 65 by 71.

Showing 35. The setting "visible vertical tiles" is by default 40, and not able to be changed. 

Any ideas to get it all on?

What is shown by resize option in program? It will show current map size.

Hi Warlander,  In Deed Planner, I was able to build a bridge (ramp entrance) under the house up to the entryway.  However, I am unable to do this in WU.  It says the house is in the way, but I need the house there to plan the bridge.  Are there any tricks to doing this in WU, or is Deed Planner wrong?  I don't know how to insert a pic to show you.  Thanks.

16 minutes ago, ProgNutToo said:

Hi Warlander,  In Deed Planner, I was able to build a bridge (ramp entrance) under the house up to the entryway.  However, I am unable to do this in WU.  It says the house is in the way, but I need the house there to plan the bridge.  Are there any tricks to doing this in WU, or is Deed Planner wrong?  I don't know how to insert a pic to show you.  Thanks.

You can't build the bridge if there is any other structure (fence or wall for example) under it. DeedPlanner doesn't have checks for that in a place so far.

Technically, the bridge is within the house, but it sounds like that cannot happen either.  I figured since I could do it in Deed Planner, I was good.  Thank you for the reply.  I will scrap that idea and start over.

I have an odd few bugs...

Firstly, in 3d mode the screen-look is really screwy, as in it lags behind where I should be pointing, and it also has some insane acceleration even if I move just the tiniest bit. It is nothing at all like previous versions, and ideas?

And I have an odd  situation where some of the arched walls I have from my planner save from the 2.8.1 version are flipped. So where I specifically place a "left" arch, it visually ends up placing a "right" one. But only in a select few tiles on a building. Deleting them and replacing doesn't work, it seems to be tied to that border position.

Also have some weird green border around the window for DP...

Edited by Shrimpiie

7 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

I have an odd few bugs...

Firstly, in 3d mode the screen-look is really screwy, as in it lags behind where I should be pointing, and it also has some insane acceleration even if I move just the tiniest bit. It is nothing at all like previous versions, and ideas?

And I have an odd  situation where some of the arched walls I have from my planner save from the 2.8.1 version are flipped. So where I specifically place a "left" arch, it visually ends up placing a "right" one. But only in a select few tiles on a building. Deleting them and replacing doesn't work, it seems to be tied to that border position.

Also have some weird green border around the window for DP...

When it comes to 3d mode, acceleration is configurable in options.

I'm not sure what could cause the second issue without taking a look at exact save and knowing how it looked like before. Is there anything "unusual" on such tiles?

Could you show how this green border looks like?

Would it be possible to add a way to place items on top of one another. For example if you hold shift while placing an object, it won't replace the existing object in that spot. Alternatively you could just make it so the rug objects can have other objects placed on top of them, as those are the only things I can think of that might require it.

11 hours ago, Warlander said:

When it comes to 3d mode, acceleration is configurable in options.

I'm not sure what could cause the second issue without taking a look at exact save and knowing how it looked like before. Is there anything "unusual" on such tiles?

Could you show how this green border looks like?

That doesn't help. I never ever messed with that option, it came default at .015 acceleration, and that was unusable, so I dropped it to its lowest at .002, and it's still barely usable. That said the way the program is handling mouse-controlled movement right now is entirely different from how it has handled it in the past. To put it simply, movement was linear in speed, based on how fast I moved my mouse, now it is exponential it feels like.

The green border:

kRDetDi.png

1 hour ago, Shrimpiie said:

That doesn't help. I never ever messed with that option, it came default at .015 acceleration, and that was unusable, so I dropped it to its lowest at .002, and it's still barely usable. That said the way the program is handling mouse-controlled movement right now is entirely different from how it has handled it in the past. To put it simply, movement was linear in speed, based on how fast I moved my mouse, now it is exponential it feels like.

The green border:

kRDetDi.png

https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280084-strange-frame-around-all-windows.html

Looks like similar issue, maybe your AV or some sort of sandboxing program decided to sandbox the program?

Little statistics about how many users the program actually have, based on 2.8.10:

• In last month, around 300 unique users used the program in total
  • In last week, around 150 unique users used the program in total
  • In last day, around 50 unique users used the program in total

These numbers are much higher than I expected, especially for daily usage. Including older versions and current trend actual numbers are most likely 50-100% higher. Thank everyone for your support!

When it comes to development, I had to put everything on hold until end of January - due date for my engineering thesis is 19 January, so all my development time goes into finishing and polishing it. I expect DeedPlanner development to return back to normal after graduation. :)

• Like 3

On 1/2/2018 at 9:14 PM, Warlander said:

https://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280084-strange-frame-around-all-windows.html

Looks like similar issue, maybe your AV or some sort of sandboxing program decided to sandbox the program?

Not sure what program of anything, I'm not that savvy :P

Anyway strangely enough the odd acceleration issue has resolved itself :blink:

Hey Warlander, I also need to say that Wooden Arch Left, Right, and T require a wooden beam. Please include these changes when you can.

6 hours ago, Benie said:

Hey Warlander, I also need to say that Wooden Arch Left, Right, and T require a wooden beam. Please include these changes when you can.

I noticed stone arches need materials update too, will fix all of them in next update.

• Like 1

Small status update, I got my (engineering) thesis printed and framed today, so DeedPlanner and Wurm development will return back to normal soon... Trust me, I'm (almost) an engineer! :)

If all goes well, I should have large update ready before the end of February.

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, Warlander said:

Small status update, I got my (engineering) thesis printed and framed today, so DeedPlanner and Wurm development will return back to normal soon... Trust me, I'm (almost) an engineer! :)

If all goes well, I should have large update ready before the end of February.

Grats!!!