Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

Deedplanner 2.9.10 - 3D House And Deed Planner

17 minutes ago, mastaVirus said:

root@kitdesk:/home/kitchener/Downloads/DeedPlanner 2.8.0# java DeedPlanner.jar 
Error: Could not find or load main class DeedPlanner.jar

Sorry I am not that familiar with Java programming so not sure if this is java or me. I am running Debian linux and have not seen this error before and cant find the main class when i open the archive. Does this still work with Linux and am I doing something wrong? I am logged in as root just to make sure all the permissions are correct.

Thanks

java -jar DeedPlanner.jar

There's a bug with the material requirement for the wide staircase without banisters. It shows the material requirement for the standalone staircase but it should be 30 planks and 2 large nails.

DeedPlanner 2.8.1 released! Changes:

• Added new stone fences
  • Enabled placement of multiple roofs on the same tile
  • Fixed wrong ID's of some new wall types, causing them to be saved as different wall types
  • Fixed bug not allowing you to place walls/floors in caves if terrain on surface is not level
  • Corrected wide staircases materials counts

Are there any other missed DeedPlanner-related issues? (not related to deeds imported via in-game deed export feature - I will handle these cases separately)

• Like 5

I still miss the hazelnut bushes, and textures for the different tapestries (that all look green to me).

Also I believe the materials count in 8.0 wasnt listing mortar for pottery walls - (dont know if that has been fixed already though)

Edited by Joneya

Maybe it's something obvious I'm missing, but I still can't for the life of me figure out how to delete a bridge once it's planned.

4 hours ago, Joneya said:

I still miss the hazelnut bushes, and textures for the different tapestries (that all look green to me).

Also I believe the materials count in 8.0 wasnt listing mortar for pottery walls - (dont know if that has been fixed already though)

Hazelnut bushes are missing indeed. I will take a look at tapestries as well. :)

23 minutes ago, Araninke said:

Maybe it's something obvious I'm missing, but I still can't for the life of me figure out how to delete a bridge once it's planned.

In bridge tab, set start tile to any bridge tile - "Destroy bridge on start tile" button should become active. I will try to make this look more obvious soon.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Warlander said:

Are there any other missed DeedPlanner-related issues? (not related to deeds imported via in-game deed export feature - I will handle these cases separately)

Sandstone brick pavement is still being loaded in as pottery brick pavement.

12 hours ago, Warlander said:

In bridge tab, set start tile to any bridge tile - "Destroy bridge on start tile" button should become active. I will try to make this look more obvious soon.

Thank you for the explanation... that does make the destroy button active, which was greyed out previously and probably why I skimmed over it. Cheers! :) 

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a small manual somewhere, with FAQs? I'm trying to figure out how to delete something once it has been "placed", without using Undo. And also, How can I "move" the map around in 2D view? I find I'm only able to zoom in or zoom out. And in Wurmian view, how do I move the map, as well? Those are all my questions. Thanks!!

Right clicking with the same tool that you placed it down with will delete it - so left click to place, right click to remove. You need the right tab selected, so if you want to delete ie. pavement, you need to select some sort of ground texture to be able to right click to get rid of it (an exception is floors/roofs that can be removed with eachothers "brishes").

54 minutes ago, Ayuna said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a small manual somewhere, with FAQs? I'm trying to figure out how to delete something once it has been "placed", without using Undo. And also, How can I "move" the map around in 2D view? I find I'm only able to zoom in or zoom out. And in Wurmian view, how do I move the map, as well? Those are all my questions. Thanks!!

For removal of stuff, see my post above above.

For moving around the map, I have realized I must click the map to add/remove something in 2d view to be able to move around (using the WASD keys just like in Wurm). If there is an easier way to do it, I havent figured it out. in Wurmian view it should be the same keys as in Wurm/2d view  (WASD).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Joneya said:

For removal of stuff, see my post above above.

For moving around the map, I have realized I must click the map to add/remove something in 2d view to be able to move around (using the WASD keys just like in Wurm). If there is an easier way to do it, I havent figured it out. in Wurmian view it should be the same keys as in Wurm/2d view  (WASD).

Thanks Joneya. I played with it a little bit and figured it all out. No clue why I panicked. Thanks for responding.

By the way, anyone who has not yet tried Deedplanner - you're missing out on a huge reserve of Wurm creativity you may not know you have.

• Like 1

Using the middle mouse button moves the 2D map.

3D movement is the same as in game: WASD (basically). Also: R moves up, F moves down.

Did an export today to see if the new pavements/buildings etc were in. Which they apparently are and just don't export properly yet as mine all appear as wooden arches. That wasn't the issue i noticed most though...has the water level always been so far off when exporting?

JJnFJON.jpg

USSW9Ej.png?1

Once exported deedplanner seems to submerge the whole bottom of my deed :P

• Like 1

This has always been an issue, and was addressed several times in this thread. After importing a map from Wurm you have to manually adjust the map altitude, using the "Resize - Global Add Height" feature.

72b7d1b3cc724261a5beed14e5d41ade.png

Edited by Yaga

God knows how i missed that, i swear i looked through the settings xD.

Can you add ships to Deed Planner?  I want to relocate a ship I use for storage on deed and have an idea, but want to see how it looks first.  Can't find how to place a Caravel or a Cog on the 2nd store of my house. :)

8 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

Can you add ships to Deed Planner?  I want to relocate a ship I use for storage on deed and have an idea, but want to see how it looks first.  Can't find how to place a Caravel or a Cog on the 2nd store of my house. :)

Hmm... This would require a bit of additional coding, but is doable for sure.

Got this error while resizing global for water level;

Info: GLDrawableHelper.reshape: pre-exisiting GL error 0x500
[2017-04-26 01:08:36] Error has occurred!
Java vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java version: 1.8.0_131
DeedPlanner 2.8.1
java.util.EmptyStackException
 at java.util.Stack.peek(Unknown Source)
 at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Map.addUndo(Map.java:704)
 at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.setHeight(Tile.java:571)
 at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.data.Tile.setHeight(Tile.java:555)
 at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.forms.ResizeWindow.lambda$jButton2ActionPerformed$30(ResizeWindow.java:184)
 at pl.wurmonline.deedplanner.MainLoop.lambda$syncAndExecute$0(MainLoop.java:35)
 at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
 at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Also still missing floor versions of the new pavement styles (since I am on WU I dont know, but I remember reading that indoor pottery floors on WO now look like the new pottery pavement).

I imagine the slate slabs, marble brick floors, or sandstone type floors also exist? Adding it as a floor allows us to create patterns by rotating the tiles and such, also use the new types for more than ground level in deed planner.

Found another bug. I've noticed that all marble planters have the same flowers in them, regardless of the color chosen.

in addition to my previous report, (exported slate brick paving rendering as grass)
hedges are exported as wooden fences,
all stone brick floors are exported as wooden floors
hedges that are rendered properly lack the proper texture.
all stone mine doors are exported as grass.
all wooden portcullis is being rendered as wooden arched wall
all pottery brick floors are appearing as wooden floors
spiral staircases are appearing as wooden floors

I am not going to get time to tackle all these new textures if im spending that time fixing all these errors.
It's taken me weeks to get around to it.. thinking it was just the slate paving with issue. imagine my surprise. it's putting me off. 
I don't like moaning about this software, i never have, but this is insane. 
The export function has been made redundant. 

You warned that it was a big update and it'd have loads of bugs but i hardly think this is the same thing. 
Is there any point fixing these errors? will my fix remain when you finally assign the correct textures to the right numbers or will all my effort be for nothing?
it's not a good place to be and everytime i see a new texture screenshot, my mind turns back to the pain and futility of deed>export. 
fun times. please fix. DP is broken and If i try to load an old .map it either crashes or fails. 

Edited by Steveleeb
added more

The export function is being worked on...

so who's end is the error on?
were new textures added with new numbers `and they forgot about deed>export`
or has warlander updated the software with the old associations that no longer apply?

4 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

so who's end is the error on?
were new textures added with new numbers `and they forgot about deed>export`
or has warlander updated the software with the old associations that no longer apply?

DeedPlanner itself is fine, but in-game deed export requires update. This will take a moment due to DP and Wurm itself "talking in different languages", but I am already working on it (and also adding few things from game that were not exported previously).

• Like 1