Sign in to follow this  
Radni

Should Elevation Be Wiped Yearly?

JKH serenity gets ALOT of pvp as is. Against the enemy kingdoms or amongst ourselves.

When was the last none jk vs jk kill?

I rather see a new map created to the North to replace Elevation as the main PVP server. This new map would be larger, maybe the size of Chaos and have a lot more water. See picture below for an idea.

Elevation would remain the same, but all deeds would be removed and refunded. Elevation would become hunting grounds.

Below is a picture of my idea. It's based off the last beta map.

gLVKeeM.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah that looks good

However putting it in the north is kind of bias and it would be better if elevation was simply removed, home servers can serve as hunting grounds already

Edited by Che

When was the last none jk vs jk kill?

Haven't been able to log onto wurm recently due to comp being dumb, but usually every other night Gbelcik and crew pop up

I rather see a new map created to the North to replace Elevation as the main PVP server. This new map would be larger, maybe the size of Chaos and have a lot more water. See picture below for an idea.

Elevation would remain the same, but all deeds would be removed and refunded. Elevation would become hunting grounds.

Below is a picture of my idea. It's based off the last beta map.

gLVKeeM.jpg

I really like this idea as well. Map looks beast

you need to post this in a place where protunia can't post

Ignore protunia then lol?

Would be awesome be forced boat over to the hota area like charging in and forcing you either bring seperate boats have your own horse or take a massive knarr and only have 3..Feel like foot combat would be more fun than running around the enemy going 30+ kmh to only lose it in seconds

I kind of like the way the map is changing with scenarios. I wish it looked a bit more natural... Like maybe the gradual erosion of an area. I don't personally support a map reset til all uniques are killed and there are a bunch of rotting abandoned deeds everywhere like JKH Strongbox

Wipe it all! Skills, items, map, the works. We all start over with fresh toons and everyone is on the same level once a year.

• Like 1

The reason threads like this keep being brought up is that epic is losing numbers again and returning to the same stale state it was prior to wurm 1.0. Whilst I don't think that a new elevation map alone will fix things, I believe that a significant shake-up of some description is required. I certainly do not criticise anyone for trying to bring forward new ideas to breath life back into the game.

The biggest problem I see however is that rolf has now left it too late. As happened with wild, people have already invested a lot of time and will aggressively resist any moves for change. Its a pity really, because epic was billed as something new and rolf always had an option of doing things a little differently.

Edited by Rasputin

a new map no matter if it replaces elevation, is a hunting server, and to the north of elevation, will probably be somewhat of a nice, new thing to have and hopefully will get people away from home servers a bit.

The reason threads like this keep being brought up is that epic is losing numbers again and returning to the same stale state it was prior to wurm 1.0. Whilst I don't think that a new elevation map alone will fix things, I believe that a significant shake-up of some description is required. I certainly do not criticise anyone for trying to bring forward new ideas to breath life back into the game.

The biggest problem I see however is that rolf has now left it too late. As happened with wild, people have already invested a lot of time and will aggressively resist any moves for change. Its a pity really, because epic was billed as something new and rolf always had an option of doing things a little differently.

I don't think we are losing numbers at all on the home servers.. JKH is gigantic. The stalemate is on elevation..

Yea a map reset on elevation is fine with me. Could even give notice so people could take their most precious goods to a home server.

Yea a map reset on elevation is fine with me. Could even give notice so people could take their most precious goods to a home server.

Yeah, I'd imagine it would go over poorly if notice was not given. A map reset would kinda put everyone on ele on even ground again, no? If it was reset, should the map change as well? Or stay the same?

I don't think we are losing numbers at all on the home servers.. JKH is gigantic. The stalemate is on elevation..

Cant speak for JKH, certainly MRH was getting approx 90-100 peak time (GMT) a few weeks ago, now is around 60-70 maximum. Not that numbers on any particular server matter that much to me. Even with 150 on a home server I don't see how it can be much fun if everyone is on the same side. Certainly not if its kingdom vs kingdom that you are interested in.

3 months ago I was part of a 15 man MR group that went into BL lands. We got trapped and killed by a group of 20ish BL. Even though I died I still thought wow, there is going to be some good battles ahead. Didn't turn out like that sadly, neither MR or BL are capable today of pulling a force like together.

Edited by Rasputin

seems like blh is the only home server that goes out there and pvp

you can easily see the difference on the servers also, mrh and jkh has alot of open deeds and deeds with low ql wooden buildings meanwhile on blh almost every deed is built out of stone and has a population of fighters in them

also mrh has alot of fighters, one time when we were and we just wanted some pvp they came with 10 people + a knarr, so there is definetly not a lack of people to pvp, those people seem to not want to pvp though

Do you see Joanavon, how flawed your home server is to the might of BLH?

Edited by Che

Yeah, I'd imagine it would go over poorly if notice was not given. A map reset would kinda put everyone on ele on even ground again, no? If it was reset, should the map change as well? Or stay the same?

I think we are already on even ground as far as the map goes... we all have good capitals that are difficult to raid... I dont see how a map reset would change the distribution of land besides by way of natural geography. It would still be fun to have a fresh start tho imo

the idea of more water on the elevation map means more pvp also... building a boat takes way less time then breeding decent horses, if you run with normal horses into battle you're already in a huge disadvantage

I think we are already on even ground as far as the map goes... we all have good capitals that are difficult to raid... I dont see how a map reset would change the distribution of land besides by way of natural geography. It would still be fun to have a fresh start tho imo

SO basically what you have said here is that you all have your safe Home "Server" Area's now on Elevation and that's going to make more PvP how?

I would changed the whole thing completely and make people have to go to elevation to get the shineys, exp gain, good ore, priesting, etc....

But Kings would be on Home Servers and they would not just be handed it for asking a question.

Elevation would be the main Battle island with bonuses for control of land for towers and no deeding period, etc,etc...

You could not spawn on Elevation and would have to go there from the Home Servers.

Anyhow sure yeah keep your nice super non raidable "Home" area's and see how that goes for promoting PvP on Elevation.

The whole design is flawed right now IMHO and completely backwards.

Edited by Protunia

SO basically what you have said here is that you all have your safe Home "Server" Area's now on Elevation and that's going to make more PvP how?

We built Demacia in 2 or 3 days. A map reset without skill reset would only take a week or so to build up strong defenses. People like having a place that they feel can withstand raids. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It s frustrating at times when people don't leave deed, but otherwise we get a decent amount of PVP... Just look at the amount in the last 3 days.

I would changed the whole thing completely and make people have to go to elevation to get the shineys, exp gain, good ore, priesting, etc....

But Kings would be on Home Servers and they would not just be handed it for asking a question.

Elevation would be the main Battle island with bonuses for control of land for towers and no deeding period, etc,etc...

You could not spawn on Elevation and would have to go there from the Home Servers.

Anyhow sure yeah keep your nice super non raidable "Home" area's and see how that goes for promoting PvP on Elevation.

The whole design is flawed right now IMHO and completely backwards.

No derailing *spritz water at protunia*

Bad Protunia! bad!

/me sprays water

*groans*

Are we really having this thread again for the 43563276537654th time :unsure:

Eeeeeyup

Edited by Klaa