Sign in to follow this  
Radni

Should Elevation Be Wiped Yearly?

Posted here because I STILL don't have 6 hours at a time to sit on wurm and wait for a GM to respond to my request for acc linkage.

I was wondering.. Since people say a big issue with elevation is the mega deed stalemate would a server wipe/reset once in a while fix it?

I know on the old Tekkit minecraft PvP server I was as admin on, we wiped maps every once in a while to keep it fresh and limit "super deeding"

Not suggesting its done.. But it would keep the main pvp server fresh. If it were done, I would suggest players keeping their invintories and skills.

Feedback? Do you know what else may help un-stale the stalemate?

• Like 1

Hmm, I'm not sure, but this doesn't seem like the kind of idea that will garner much support.

Hmm, I'm not sure, but this doesn't seem like the kind of idea that will garner much support.

Perhaps, but I'd just like to see what people think. I know people with the mega deeds might complain.

Well i guess the better question is why do you think it needs to be?

Well i guess the better question is why do you think it needs to be?

Edited by Radni

The better question is why when suggestions about fixing elevation come up everyone runs and hides?? lol!

Or of course the usual point fingers at something else like the Home Servers... :P

Do I think it would help the PvP?

Well they seem to be over there clamoring for a Reset so sure why not start with Elevation and see how well that goes. ;)

I would also reset all kingdoms and kings as well and change how players become king to something a bit harder.

Really though you would have to reset much more than the land and the kings it would take a whole new approach about how and what Elevation is about.

Nothing they really want to discuss at all so I don't see any change happening.

Edited by Protunia

Perhaps, but I'd just like to see what people think. I know people with the mega deeds might complain.

Complain, they would. And rightfully so. All though it seems unnecessary to me to deed up as much space as possible, simply because you can, a player has now historically had the right to do so. It would be unfair to the deed owners and would set a very unpopular precedent in Wurm. A viable alternative, perhaps, would be to grandfather those mega-deeds, and then some how limit new deeds in some manner.

Didn't think of the silver that would be lost.. Hmmm

Maybe resetting elevation might be good but leave the home servers alone? It would be like a new battlefield so to speak Rolf could add new resources and stuff to entice the war to rage over land areas for that year and the victor has to fight for the resources like dragon nest or something..IDK Might be fun for the PvP guys.

Maybe resetting elevation might be good but leave the home servers alone? It would be like a new battlefield so to speak Rolf could add new resources and stuff to entice the war to rage over land areas for that year and the victor has to fight for the resources like dragon nest or something..IDK Might be fun for the PvP guys.

EXACTLY my thoughts. The home servers should be like a home base, and ele should be a battleground Rolf can mould and work.

• Like 1

No. There are important structures and foundations on Elevation, and time means something. Wiping it yearly is completely stupid.

Also, 'mega deeds' are not a problem or even an issue at all.

Edited by Maozorz

A single wipe increasing the size of the map, and making it not one giant blob would be nice, but yearly wipes seems a bit excessive.

No. There are important structures and foundations on Elevation, and time means something. Wiping it yearly is completely stupid.

So change the whole concept completely.

Get rid of Deeding on Elevation completely.

Get rid of Kings and free funds on Elevation.

Change the game!!! :D

Edited by Protunia

Also, 'mega deeds' are not a problem or even an issue at all.

I'm not so sure about mega deeds not being the problem.. If thy aren't, would you mind telling us what is?

Also elevation is meant to be the battleground of epic, yes, wurm is a game where time means something.. But I don't think the battleground island should be where time means everything.

Is time worth more than pvp on the MAIN pvp server? Something else to think about

Nothing's the problem. Life on Elevation is what you make of it. If you want to do larger scale PvP with your comrades, obviously it's going to take time, with planning and preparation and all.

But there are still opportunities to do what you want on a smaller scale, the whole island is open to you and whatever you want to do. You don't need to only do and follow what the main force of your kingdom is doing at that moment, you are the master of your own destiny!

Edited by Maozorz

Nothing's the problem. Life on Elevation is what you make of it. If you want to do larger scale PvP with your comrades, obviously it's going to take time, with planning and preparation and all.

But there are still opportunities to do what you want on a smaller scale, the whole island is open to you and whatever you want to do. You don't need to only do and follow what the main force of your kingdom is doing at that moment, you are the master of your own destiny!

As he sits behind his walls.......Location Desertion.

anyhow it was grand while it lasted.

seems to me a change is in the air.

maybe you better "prepare" some more....

Edited by Protunia

As he sits behind his walls.......Location Desertion.

anyhow it was grand while it lasted.

seems to me a change is in the air.

maybe you better "prepare" some more....

I used to always be on Elevation, and have been there enough to know and see how it is with the deeds and whatnot mother fluffer!

You'd best be an MR!

*groans*

Are we really having this thread again for the 43563276537654th time :unsure:

• Like 4

*groans*

Are we really having this thread again for the 43563276537654th time :unsure:

We've had it before? :s I didn't know. Just wondering what people would say to this

We've had it before? :s I didn't know. Just wondering what people would say to this

It has not come up that many times :) and besides it might get the wheels turning again so it's always useful to discuss problems.

In the end though not much will change as they are entrenched in their own Idea's of how its supposed to be.

Basically it will be like pulling teeth.

Edited by Protunia

Elevation has its share of issues.. mega deeds is not one of them.. its natural for people to group up in pvp and build defenses together.. strength in numbers and all.

And to be honest i think the majority of freedom deeds are bigger than most elevation deeds. there is no landgrabbing that im aware of, since defending a large piece of land is just not possible without the players behind it.

The thing i see is that many people prefer home servers now because they've been made much more lucrative to base your home from.

To mention a few things..

25% increase skillgain on home (im told.. i dont live there)

no constant enemy presence.

safekeeping merchants (oh yeah only ele had to loose these..)

enemies have reduced CR.

no enemy champs.

Sure elevation has a few perks, namely offices, more space (for BL anyway), hota and artifacts.

If you wanna fix elevation dont put more negatives on elevation like preventing us from deeding properly here. instead consider the carrot over the stick.. and reward people for coming to elevation instead of homeserver.

Should be a benefit for people to live on elevation over home server. otherwise what is there to fight about ?

• Like 1

Elevation has its share of issues.. mega deeds is not one of them.. its natural for people to group up in pvp and build defenses together.. strength in numbers and all.

And to be honest i think the majority of freedom deeds are bigger than most elevation deeds. there is no landgrabbing that im aware of, since defending a large piece of land is just not possible without the players behind it.

The thing i see is that many people prefer home servers now because they've been made much more lucrative to base your home from.

To mention a few things..

25% increase skillgain on home (im told.. i dont live there)

no constant enemy presence.

safekeeping merchants (oh yeah only ele had to loose these..)

enemies have reduced CR.

no enemy champs.

Sure elevation has a few perks, namely offices, more space (for BL anyway), hota and artifacts.

If you wanna fix elevation dont put more negatives on elevation like preventing us from deeding properly here. instead consider the carrot over the stick.. and reward people for coming to elevation instead of homeserver.

Should be a benefit for people to live on elevation over home server. otherwise what is there to fight about ?

I would agree ele needs more benefits.. But it shouldn't take away from the home servers. As Rolf pointed out, the home servers should be the safer area.. And like someone else pointed out, JKH serenity gets ALOT of pvp as is. Against the enemy kingdoms or amongst ourselves.

Also, I don't know if you should be able to deed properly there.. I mean, it's suppose to be the battleground, not home. *shrug* just my thoughts

Edited by Radni

What would elevation be like if you couldn't deed there?

Everyone lives on a home server and sails to elevation for hota, and a couple people living in mines?

What would elevation be like if you couldn't deed there?

Everyone lives on a home server and sails to elevation for hota, and a couple people living in mines?

I don't mean not deed, I meant not mega deeding :P I thought he was talking about the wiping and how it might affect deeding. If I misunderstood, my fault.

you need to post this in a place where protunia can't post

• Like 4