Sign in to follow this  
Cartrip

Meditating Gains Past 60 Hitting A Wall

My main hit 60 Meditation recently. From 30-50 skill I used a 30QL exquisite rug with 93 CoC. Then from 50-60 I used that same rug but imped to 40QL. The gains were good IMO. it was a rare day not to get a tick, and 3 ticks a day about half the time. But after 60 suddenly I get two, three, four days with no ticks at all. I've seen people chat about rug QL making a difference but I'm not clear on it. Does anyone know what QL of rug I should be using, and if I should change the type of rug?

Try 25-26 or something in there. really I think it goes in streaks, but i have had better luck with lower than 30 ql.

Edited by Protunia

from ~50 meditating on I used a 1-6ql ordinary rug, generally found reasonable gains with that. These days I just use a 1ql ordinary rug all the time.

from ~50 meditating on I used a 1-6ql ordinary rug, generally found reasonable gains with that. These days I just use a 1ql ordinary rug all the time.

I'll have to try that :)

I have 32 meditating skill, using a 30ql fine rug with 89 coc I went 3 days without a single tick

Switched to a 50ql rig with 69 coc and getting much better results. But in the end I think it's just luck, who knows

I have 32 meditating skill, using a 30ql fine rug with 89 coc I went 3 days without a single tick

Switched to a 50ql rig with 69 coc and getting much better results. But in the end I think it's just luck, who knows

Edited by Protunia

I have always used a 1 ql regular rug and get .1 skill at 50 skill on Epic

i've noticed the same, im using a 30ql 101 coc rug, and i failed 10 meditate skill ticks in 2 days. i smell a nina nerf

I use a QL15-20 rug and get between 1 to 4 ticks daily... very rarely none too though.

I'm only at 42 skill, but when I switched from a 50ql rug to a 5ql rug I went from barely any to almost every tick. I tested both for weeks, there was a clear difference.

Edited by Keldun

Looks like I need to Sunder my rug some then. Thank for the infos :)

Yea you just drop in a forge... Have to be quick tho. Got mine to .1 ql once

Somehow I didn't notice when my first one started burning, first it was hot and ok, then it was gone -,-

Mend and sunder are definitely the saver options. You can also never repair after use, low effective ql lasts longer than low actual ql, too.

You can keep repairing 1 ql over and over. Even if you burning something under 1 ql it goes to 1 ql after repairing it

I went with Sunder since I had a bunch of locks ready for Strongwalling anyway. :) Started at 40QL, took it down to 12, and now the gains are back! So thanks again for that advice.