Sign in to follow this  
Julepalme

[Bug] Queuing Harvest After A Sow Doesnt Work.

When replanting/harvesting my field i noticed that i couldnt get a harvest action to queue after a sow action.

To reproduce have a dirt tile + a ripe farm tile (in my case wemp) next to it. and some wemp seeds in inventory.

Rightclick the dirt tile and sow the wempseed, while the action timer is going rightclick the wemp tile and click harvest.

[07:45:29] After sowing you will start harvesting.

[07:45:31] You sow the wemp.

It will ignore the harvest command you gave it.

EDIT:

Tried to queue in a few different orders:

Sow - Harvest - Sow (Skips the harvest and just sows twice)

Sow - Harvest - Harvest (Skips both harvests)

Edited by Julepalme

That is because you have a seed activated when you que up harvest. When the seed is used up, the actions following won't happen because the activated item is gone.

• Like 3

It's the same with all activated items that get used up That's because of the way it's coded, the game is trying to do an action with an item and notices that item does not exist and aborts even though the action would not have required an item.

• Like 3

That is because you have a seed activated when you que up harvest. When the seed is used up, the actions following won't happen because the activated item is gone.

You can't harvest with seeds. You need to have a farming tool activated...

Aborting the queue happens sometimes when your inventory changes (for example when a log was small and is gone after imping, queue aborts), or there are changes to surrounding tiles (my guess is this is to prevent some sorts of "death by digging"?).

It's the same with all activated items that get used up That's because of the way it's coded, the game is trying to do an action with an item and notices that item does not exist and aborts even though the action would not have required an item.

Actually this explains it better than I did.

Can harvest without anything activated normally?

i dont think thats the issue.. but yeah its probably because the seed was activated at the time of queuing makes sense..

This should be fixed tho.. it shouldnt check to see if i have anything activated when the action itself requires no tool?

Yeah that basically.. the essence of what i consider to be a bug.. should be fixed to allow queuing harvest after sowing even if the activated item at the time is gone and not needed.

You can't harvest with seeds. You need to have a farming tool activated...

You can. Only grains require a scythe. You can harvest most farm produce with anything or nothing at all. IF you do have have an item activated though, the game will think you use that item to do so (it will also appear in your hand). if the item is gone, the game will not be able to perform the action. But yeah, it's really annoying and could be considered buggy.

• Like 2