Sign in to follow this  
Aflacduck

Stop Hots Players From Being Spammed By Detecting Friendly Traps.

Very minor change really. It would be nice so that every time I walked near a trap an ally or I owned, I wouldn't be spammed with the trap detection message. Right now I don't want to lay traps near my place due to the enormous amounts of spam even one friendly trap puts into my event window. It also makes it impossible to determine from a glance if I should actually worry about the trap.

Edited by Aflacduck

I thought you had to search for traps for a message to appear?

This message just pops up for no reason or is it that you are about to set it off?

looked it up it seems that's a perk for some things.

Edited by Protunia

There are three ways to detect traps, the Sixth Sense spell, being a Blacklighter, and examining the tile on which the trap is set. When usingSixth Sense or when walking within 1 tile of a trap as a Blacklighter a message is displayed in the event window, "You detect a trap!" No further information on the trap is given.

Yeah. Whenever I walk near my own trap as a Blacklighter, I'm spammed with "You detect a trap!" around 5 times just for 1 trap.

Edited by Aflacduck

Yeah. Whenever I walk near my own trap as a Blacklighter, I'm spammed with "You detect a trap!" around 5 times just for 1 trap.

pfft...that seems like one heck of a benefit to be able to have you sure you want to have that turned off??

pfft...that seems like one heck of a benefit to be able to have you sure you want to have that turned off??

In case it wasn't obvious, the suggestion is for friendly traps, not enemy traps.

In case it wasn't obvious, the suggestion is for friendly traps, not enemy traps.

when you examine a trap after setting does it say who created it?? or does it become another item on the ground erasing the one who made it?

when you examine a trap after setting does it say who created it?? or does it become another item on the ground erasing the one who made it?

From the wiki:

"When examining a trapped tile you will receive the message "You detect a (Trap Type) of (Quality Value) quality, it was set by the (Kingdom) people."*"

Edit: I just quickly built a trap and set it. I examined the tile and it showed:

[00:59:44] You detect a stick trap here, of average quality. It has been set by people from Horde of the Summoned of Dragonspine Castle.

I get this message when I walk near it, since I'm a Blacklighter:

[01:00:16] TRAP!

Edited by Aflacduck

Ok so it does not say it was your trap, but says which kingdom placed it.

So basically you want it to not go off saying "trap" when its from your village and kingdom.

hmm wonder how long that would take to fix?

Edited by Protunia