Sign in to follow this  
Duyu

Sacrifice Animals For Favor.

A bit random and cruel >:D

This is all for flavour, i dont want to break or drastically alter the priest game, sacrificing items should still be preferred for emergency favor, so please revise numbers/idea as you see fit.

Lead animal near altar, activate butchering/carving knife --> sacrifice animal to god

-takes 30s like normal sacrifice.

-no other skill gains

-1-3 favor for non-hostile animals

-3-20 (depending on taming difficulty) favor for tamed (only tamed) hostile animals.

Libila priests obviously have issues with taming... so, instead of tamed animals (non hostile animals we can still sacrifice) we get to sacrifice followers :lol: .

-follower needs 20 body strength to be sacrificed

-favour gain = 1/3 followers faith

-items drop on corpse like normal & tiny skill loss for follower equivalent to pvp death on deed (dont want it to become free teleport to a token)

-same person can only be sacrificed once every 24 hours

-should be consensual on followers part -_-

-maybe small alignment boost for being such a good follower :>

I think animal and human sacrifice would fit quite well in wurm as it is, it would give an alternate means of dispatching unwanted animals for a little favour boost - and i'm sure its more humane than punching them to death for shield skill.

• Like 1

Yeah, that would never get past the ratings board. You would turn the game Adults only in the states.

I like it. I don't think sacrificing animals would make it adult.. I mean, look at T games nowadays

some things wont fit in altar other than that you can already sacrifice with all the leading it to the altar and slicing its throat open deal...or whatever you can always roll play the gruesome thoughts parts.

Might be nice to have all corpses able to put in altar and give some bonus for saccing even if small.

then people might actually clean them up more often :P

Edited by Protunia

-1 to sacrificing followers, unless its only available to sacrifice PREMIUM followers.

-1 I dont really see Fo priests sacrificing animals, but might just be a personal idea of what Fo priests are into.

+1 it has been a RL practice in the times of old, by many diferent religions, so its not a crazy idea at all.

+1

?? also sacrifice players (premiums or highly skilled ones ) ??

I like the idea but agree with Klevermonkey, it probably is not worth the potential bad press.

Yeah, that would never get past the ratings board. You would turn the game Adults only in the states.

Look at the new butchered Animal Textures (like Cats) and say that again.

Sacrifice would only be Text-based.

+1

Libila likes her corpses to rot out in the open.. just saying :)

They can rot on Valrei as well.

Fo, for one, wouldn't probably like this...

If you think about it, this is implied in a way for mag and lib followers, which gain alignment for killing critters and butchering humans (last one lib only).

Vynora would probably be indifferent or dislike this, since she's more about knowledge and civilization and seriously sacrificing animals is kinda barbaric, not very cultured, is it?

Fo, who's all about nature, certainly wouldn't like this, no more than he likes people cutting his trees...

Edited by ReaverKane

I like the idea bt I can foresee it causing problems with the animal caps, at least on freedom. Need less reasons for people to keep animals there - not more :P

I like the idea bt I can foresee it causing problems with the animal caps, at least on freedom. Need less reasons for people to keep animals there - not more :P

This would add reasons to kill animals, not keep them forever... But i get your flow, people might keep even more breeders to keep up with the saccs.

- 1 to sacreficing followers - would give it a big + if they can just sac the corpses of enemies they were part of in the killing - this way its harder to get but justifices the big amount of favour gained by them (1/3 of there favor is a big amount)

other then i like the idea :) please add good animations to it too :)

I can't see it ever replacing locks or ropes etc. The real time investment in capturing or breeding say 3 hell horses for 60 favor is enormous compared to mining for a bit and making enough locks for 60 favour. The skill investment is comparable too (taming vs locksmithing or ropemaking etc)

-1 to sacrificing followers, unless its only available to sacrifice PREMIUM followers.

Sorry that was what i was trying to avoid with requiring 20 bs, maybe i should have said 20.001 bs :> As you lose small bits of bs when you die, it would further prevent people making alts for this purpose.

But lets say people even try to abuse this. They make 20 alts, get them all to 30 favor, do some other skills to 20 body strength on every single one and get.. and extra 200 favor every 24 hours.. woohoo? :D Hardly better than locks and ropes.

Fo, for one, wouldn't probably like this...

Since this is all for flavour maybe Fo would only allow sacrifice of old/venerable or diseased creatures. Or Fo could have something else entirely.

Maybe I am just old but with all the crazy people popping up in the states recently I just wouldnt like the idea of sacrificing animals let alone people pretending to kill other humans.

Youre right humans did do this at one point but thats no excuse/reason to add it in here. Butchering is a far cry from text base sacrifice.

• Like 1

sacrifice animals for random skillbonuses between 1-50% for 10-90min? :)

Maybe I am just old but with all the crazy people popping up in the states recently I just wouldnt like the idea of sacrificing animals let alone people pretending to kill other humans.

Youre right humans did do this at one point but thats no excuse/reason to add it in here. Butchering is a far cry from text base sacrifice.

Not guns, not social issues, not being a neglecting parent, not turning the blind eye to the glaring signals. No, it's all because of those damned video games

• Like 1

Not guns, not social issues, not being a neglecting parent, not turning the blind eye to the glaring signals. No, it's all because of those damned video games

+1

Seems like it fits the era this game is set in.

Perhaps Devs can implement a stake which can act as an altar so we can put bodies and such inside and set it alight as a way to sacrifice, or even allowing villagers to sacrifice a priest for practicing witchcraft and wizardry for village bonuses.

Wait... we're drawing the line at animal sacrifice?

Seriously? Cannibalism, butchering human corpses, sacrificing of human corpses, breeding with zombies, and we draw the line here?

Oookay... carry on.

• Like 1

We should be able to breed little player-babys and sacrifice them.

Maybe i should make a thread for it.

Wait... we're drawing the line at animal sacrifice?

Seriously? Cannibalism, butchering human corpses, sacrificing of human corpses, breeding with zombies, and we draw the line here?

Oookay... carry on.

This, I'm a Libila follower and I don't mind the thousands of corpses with their realistic butcherings in the streets. If people on freedom can't handle it, limit it to epic and chaos.

Klevermonkey is a freedom babby don't listen to his ramblings.

Go duyu!

We should be able to breed little player-babys and sacrifice them.

Maybe i should make a thread for it.

good goy

Edited by Muzk
  • Like 2