Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Paper Doll

The reason are that body tree and the paper doll uses the same system. To be able to have slots on the paper doll we had to add "slots" to the body tree.

The body tree uses "containers" that can hold multiple objects but the paper dolls slots cant, so the solution was to add sub containers to the body tree.

The whole inventory will be redone in the futureâ„¢, then the old body tree will be all gone.

Redone how? Wurm has such low performance issues on my computer I can't run the screen any bigger, forcing players to have to use numerous windows doesn't exactly seem like a "good" thing IMO.

And that might be the case but as I've shown in an earlier thread, expecting players to use the new body tree seems absurd. The number of slots is just too many. If they could be "hidden" slots to minimise the size of the tree that would work better :/

• Like 2

Surely some simple logic could be introduced and just have the body list much as it was before (as much as possible anyway). If it's a ring put it in the ring slot when dragged to the hand, if it's a weapon equip it if it's dragged to the hand, if it's a glove wear it, etc...

I understand most probably don't appreciate the importance of this, but if you are changing armour/weapons/shields a lot and pvping it does slow it all down

Edited by Derp
  • Like 1

I hope you dont get rid of the body, how are we supposed to pvp with the paper doll open...

I suggested this before, but again: just make a small version that just shows the body and wounds, but not the item slots.

That should be easier to leave open during combat.

Edited by Keldun

Why would anyone need to be able to change armor while in combat?!?!?  I can see dropping a weapon and drawing a different one while in combat, and a new interface for that could be considered.  But in my humble opinion if it takes longer to open up the new interface and have diminished vision just so you can quick change into different armor, then the paper doll is an even better change than I thought!

Whatever. Do any pvpers say that doll makes things easier in a fight?

You must not fight, we change armor a lot. It is standard practice to remove pieces and put them back on during a confrontation...

• Like 1

Exactly, not just that, but mostly weapon/shield/bow. I suppose you could come to learn the positions, but the extended list is massive, then take into account the inventory items (yes groups do help a bit to hide unused clutter, love that feature). It's alright if you have one setup you never change (maybe because one avoids even hunting let alone pvp).

Right click equip and "equip" as key bind  will be added.  

• Like 3

Is it possible to resize the doll?

No!

Well i for one think this should be your next update.

Paper doll is a nice feature to have, but is unusable for me, at 1920x1200 the paper doll window is so tinny that is really hard to use the wounds feature, the icons are too small and the dot used to point bandages is barely visible.

I have 2 suggestions, sorry if they've already been posted. 

1) It would be very nice if when I was dragging a boot that an available foot slot would "light up" or be highlighted.  Yes, I know I can just look really hard and figure out where a boot or a shield goes, but it would add a nice bit of polish to the UI.

2) Dropping a dragged item onto the character's ragdoll should auto-equip it if there is an available appropriate slot.

And one more suggestion is to make it possible to chose group of wounds in paper doll to make 3 or more healing actions from one click.

Healing a nightmare with the new paperdoll?

Are we playing the same game?

This new doll is awesome. I can swap gear and heal so much quicker.

Ok, it's actually not bad since the keybinds work ;)

I don't know what you changed recently but the character in the paperdoll is too bright!

What we had was one window open in combat from which we could swap out armor and weapons, and grab cotton and or a variety of heal covers. In addition, at a glance track all wounds, thier severity, and bandage/cover status.   For the doll to just be as good as the old way it needs to accomplish those things in a manner that doesnt require opening an inv window or divert player attention with needless clicking too open wound trees repeatedly or mousing over icons to see them.  At the res I use the wound icons are visible butt he severity dots would need to cover a 1/4 of wound icon to be clear. The wound severity and bandage colors are clear enough. What remains to do for it to be acceptible to me is find a way to leave all icons open at same time, and a box on the doll which holds and allows activation of bandaging supplies, weapons and armor.  If that can bwe accomplished then i would have the same as before with a cleaner window, and eliminating body from inventory would be much more feasable without alienating yet more players at a time when disgustion game wide is already too high.  As simpler fix till then might be to move the unbandagable parts from the inv body to a tab on inv window.  

And one more suggestion is to make it possible to chose group of wounds in paper doll to make 3 or more healing actions from one click.

You can rclick on the body area and it will automatically bandage the stack of wounds for as many actions as you can queue.

healing is a little nightmare now, no matter if done with doll or with tree   :)

Ok I take it all back, the paper doll is awesome, especially with autoequip.

• Like 4

Thanks!

• Like 2

Shh.. don't tell Wox that.. now we'll never get new UI content, he'll...

Thanks!

Oh!.. uh.. Hi Wox :)

*starts moving away*

Nothing to see here.. nothing to see here...

*Runs*