Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Paper Doll

Will you be adding 'right-click > equip' in the menus too?

• Like 1

So we will be able to keep using the current interface? if so, how you guys going to deal with a classic option when it comes to new interface, ie the crafting interface.

It will be there as long we still have the current inventory window.

Will you be adding 'right-click > equip' in the menus too?

Maybe, if so some items need a Left or Right choice.

I hope the new crafting system brings some kind of workbench where you put your materials in and just click craft or something. it would be a huge change just like the paperdoll you are posting here so expect an uproar at launch people hate change and here it seems even more so, lol

Edited by Kegan

People will come to Sweden and hang me up in the thumbs and stick burning matches inbetween my toes.

That looks great, I'm looking forward to the interface improvements.

I hope the new crafting system brings some kind of workbench where you put your materials in and just click craft or something.

Yes, lets ruin the unique crafting in Wurm and copy all the other crappy MMO's out there. Oh, and I almost forgot: Nice work on the paperdoll. Edited by Wulfgar
  • Like 3

whoa guys I can't believe people are uproaring about this lol^^ this is about making something BETTER not worse, not just different but IMPROVING. There is a reason why other MMos use these kind of Interfaces....usability, intuition and a good overview about what happens on the screen.

I like this new paperdoll and if people are worried about the size.....i could imagine you dont have to leave this window open all the time!

How do I insert my money into the screen ?

• Like 2

How does this compare size wise when displayed on 800x600 window (or smaller)? Those equip slots look a lot bigger then 16x16 pixel squares. What are those, 32x32 or even 64x64?

How is transparency going to be handled with those detailed backgrounds?

Anyway we could get a low graphic option: Toon would be a simple stick figure, slots are empty boxes of size 16x16 pixels and we drag n drop the game's 16x16 icons?

I play Wurm to admire the surrounding environment, not look at artistically draw UI's. I'd rather see simple minimalist version.

exellent ! i dont like what we have now even if i am use to it, i found it a bit confusing especially to wear the wound are located on the body.

Actually I don't mind capes... something to grab unto in pvp :ph34r:

Would you consider scaling gui elements down to 1024x600 resolution at least? because that is still a possible wide screen resolution for some smaller but powerfull netbooks and tablets that might be able to run Wurm on low settings. Especially if you do some more optimisation.

Some people also like to run in window mode with the system bars visible so that they can switch quickly.

As for the gui, it is really looking good, might be worth considering to make a smaller version toggle without the equipment slots, just for wounds.

I like the new slots you add, but why do you define cape as not being in yet, but don't do the same for the pauldron, I at least have never seen them in game either.

I like that backpack, belt and quiver have their own slots, currently it is not possible to wear all three.

Simply removing the empty slot is difficulty as that would screw with the symetry of the gui. Do you have somethign in mind for it?

My I suggest the following: make it a general utility slot for the chest, you can either place a chest belt, or stuff like water skin, satchel or quiver there. this would also be a good place for weapon harness or sheath if they get added.

I would also turn the the quiver slot at the hip and the backpack slot into such a general utility slots for putting either a container, quiver or a weapon harness/sheath there.

Edited by Keldun
  • Like 2

My art skills are atrocious compared to Wox's magic. Wurm should not use my bad sketch, I just wanted show it should be possible to make something smaller. I used icons form the current inventory window. This easily fits in the 640x480 window. When you drop an item on the box its generalized icon is changed to the dropped item's icon.

For wounds hue the boxes similar to how we currently hue words. Click on a box to open a wound list, perhaps that list would fit in the middle.

P9P7K1R.jpg

To the people complaining about the size, this is a paper doll, not an inventory. It will only be open when you need to do something with equipped items, closed 99% of the time.

I like it so far!

Perhaps the empty space should stay. There is much it could be used for... earrings is one possibility.

Even something as off-the-wall as an equip slot for something to float around(Hey, Listen! ... DIE! you overgrown glowbug!).