Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Paper Doll

Perhaps the empty space should stay. There is much it could be used for... earrings is one possibility.

Even something as off-the-wall as an equip slot for something to float around(Hey, Listen! ... DIE! you overgrown glowbug!).

statuette for preists, so we dont have to keep activating it in battle :D Or talismens, or maybe another preist related item(even if it was only a shortened spell list, no enchants... RT, LT, WOA, wouldnt be needed in battle.)

Edited by kodiakjack

To the people complaining about the size, this is a paper doll, not an inventory. It will only be open when you need to do something with equipped items, closed 99% of the time.

I like it so far!

Still the same. Just like how annoying the deed paper can be on 640x480.. this paper doll ui can be annoying when you have to open it to say cure wounds.

Great work on the paperdoll, this will be so nice! I like the current inventory window except for the character equipment part of it.

I hope the new crafting system brings some kind of workbench where you put your materials in and just click craft or something. it would be a huge change just like the paperdoll you are posting here so expect an uproar at launch people hate change and here it seems even more so, lol

Why is it that some people wants all games to be the same?! You want 10000 quests and question marks over NPC heads also?! This community is not against changes, they generally just don't like changes that ruins the uniqueness of Wurm.

There will be a crafting window in the futureâ„¢, but that will not change the Wurm crafting. The goal for the remake/change of the GUI are to make things more visual, more clear how things work and to reduce clicks.

• Like 5

The GUI is a great leap forward for wurm but having all the boxes arranged as a square encircling a character model seems a bit disorderly. Could the boxes be arranged in a way similar to that of HOMM3's equipment GUI so that the box is closer to the body part it corresponds to?

artifacts.jpg

We did try that but we wanted the 3d character in the middle.

Wox, what is your address and do you accept beer as currency?

Edit: Also, I think the tabard should be put in place of the current "Empty" slot as it kind of flows a bit better, in my opinion.

If you want something to cover that spot, perhaps allow us to carry around Sashimonos? It'd be awesome, honestly!

That slot could also be used for the Quiver, as well. ;)

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2

Still the same. Just like how annoying the deed paper can be on 640x480.. this paper doll ui can be annoying when you have to open it to say cure wounds.

Aslong as you can still use the inventory like you can now to find wounds and the paperdoll is just a nicer optional version of it, I don't see an issue :)

Coif is face, not head. So already used!

Actually coif is head. A chain coif is thus.

coif500.jpg

A mask would be face, like so...

Mask_by_aquarene.jpg

Yeah - I thought it was 'placed' on the face in Wurm, I'm wrong.

Yeah - I thought it was 'placed' on the face in Wurm, I'm wrong.

Maybe not coifs, but necklaces are worn on the face, so the slot is still taken

That empty slot might be a good spot for a robe/cloak something that can cover your armor if you would like, I think this would help on PvP servers so that you can cover up what armor you're wearing. It would not add any defence or anything just a cover up type thing..idk just an idea might be a bit much having a tabert, cape and a robe/cloak all on one character.

To the people complaining about the size, this is a paper doll, not an inventory. It will only be open when you need to do something with equipped items, closed 99% of the time.

And that 1% of the time when you go to open it, it won't fit on the screen. The UI is so big it won't fit in smaller resolution windows. Also, this is the first step of revamping to UI's. How do we know they won't redo the inventory window making it so it too won't fit on resolutions smaller then 1024 x 768. How they going to deal with totally new UI, (that crafting interface Budda had hinted at)?

I look forward to the implementation, however you manage to do it. Nice step forward, thank you.

Joedobo whats the problem? The window will be like 500 in height with the frame.

I don't see a problem with the size. Also if you play with a really small window you can still use the old inventory based approach. I would see more problems with a smaller window since there is alot to fit in there.

Joedobo whats the problem? The window will be like 500 in height with the frame.

Great, if fits in a 800x600 window! Wox, the quality of art on that UI is very nice. I also somewhat understand the dilemma between low resolution and small art versus high resolution and large art. You can do so much more with say a 32x32 then 16x16. I wasn't going to say anything else but that Ricowan and frankly a couple others, are trying to trivialize the concerns of players who desire smaller, minimalist style UI.

Making the window resizeable would go a long way towards helping out low resolutions and keeping it out of the way if you prefer it open.

• Like 1

Great, if fits in a 800x600 window! Wox, the quality of art on that UI is very nice. I also somewhat understand the dilemma between low resolution and small art versus high resolution and large art. You can do so much more with say a 32x32 then 16x16. I wasn't going to say anything else but that Ricowan and frankly a couple others, are trying to trivialize the concerns of players who desire smaller, minimalist style UI.

It wasn't a trivialization, it was an attempt to appease the very few people that this will affect. Yes, there is a difference. I work in web development and the minimum supported spec comes up a lot. As a business, the decision must be made to stop supporting small screen sizes at some point, or risk falling behind the competition with regards to features, and supporting the majority of your users. If 0.1% of your user base fit into a support category that is holding back the other 99.9%, the unfortunate reality is that a few people will be left behind.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and all that.

It wasn't a trivialization, it was an attempt to appease the very few people that this will affect.... If 0.1% of your user base fit into a support category that is holding back the other 99.9%, the unfortunate reality is that a few people will be left behind.

I'd love to see the numbers your using to justify that argument. I know Wox has access to the data Wurm clients submit. Perhaps a dev post some tallies. If in fact only 0.1% of clients submitting data are using resolutions smaller then 1024x768, then ya, its would be a waste to devote development resources for that audience.

On a less important note, you are in fact trying to make other's concerns appear trivial. You could be paraphased by saying that the desires of the these minimu UI suportors are tivial because they make up such a small portion of cusotmers

Edited by joedobo

I'd love to see the numbers your using to justify that argument. I know Wox has access to the data Wurm clients submit. Perhaps a dev post some tallies. If in fact only 0.1% of clients submitting data are using resolutions smaller then 1024x768, then ya, its would be a waste to devote development resources for that audience.

On a less important note, you are in fact trying to make other's concerns appear trivial. You could be paraphased by saying that the desires of the these minimu UI suportors are tivial because they make up such a small portion of cusotmers

I agree. I know plenty of people who play on both low res and high res. so consider the fact that even people with access to high res don't always want to use it. In fact, PVP on elevation is terrible due to the 3d models. many turn down there graphics.

This is very nice.

But i'll stick to the shadows until better, more fun ways of combat emerge.

it's surely just me, but i don't like the grind of wurm to be able to do much in combat, along with combat being fairly static.

sorry but just switching weapons doesn't cut it out for me. (even though as it is, most weapons are still very situational/plain bad)

Edited by RainRain

This is very nice.

But i'll stick to the shadows until better, more fun ways of combat emerge.

it's surely just me, but i don't like the grind of wurm to be able to do much in combat, along with combat being fairly static.

sorry but just switching weapons doesn't cut it out for me. (even though as it is, most weapons are still very situational/plain bad)

then obvously your not that good, becasue i use multiple weapons people say are bad and i kick ass.

pardon the language