Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Paper Doll

*(there are one spare empty slot, that shall be removed :) )

Could that be used for quick switching of weapon sets?

Could that be used for quick switching of weapon sets?

+1

No you still have to drag and drop, there will be no support for one button switch sets.

• Like 3

No you still have to drag and drop, there will be no support for one button switch sets.

Why? Not even a right click and equip option?

Edited by atazs

the ability to swap weapons  easily would greatly encourage the use of archery in pve.  Imho. 

• Like 1

Great work so far! Take me to the promise lands of purple hills and giant mushrooms!

• Like 2

Yes, finally ! I've been waiting for a Charcter/Body screen like this for Wurm since 2005. I really felt like it gives a much easier access to equipment, Good work !

ye Sashimonos ( "banner on the back" 40K warhammer type of thingys ) are something we have discussed, and some type of it will be produced some day.

m2380595a_99810101067_LegionDamnedSquadC

IMO Large lever that I need the ability to jump on to, to flip my opponent on their back.

Heavier armors would leave them sprawling for a while, allowing me to stab their kidneys.

You can do this Wox, I believe in you.

Looks great guys. Im happy to see such changes finialy happen.

Yeah nice job!  and hey there! o/

Could we get the visual indicator of equipment damage, maybe a bar or colored "bulb" like hot items?

Also, I could use an option to display slot captions (even something like LARM for left arm will do).

Also, I could use an option to display slot captions (even something like LARM for left arm will do).

Do you mean with the option on "LEFT ARM" and off "left arm" when hovering with the mouse?

Do you mean with the option on "LEFT ARM" and off "left arm" when hovering with the mouse?

I mean an option to show (without hovering) texts next to slots like this:

3S85jmF.jpg

Just a usability/accessibility thing, the icons are not always well visible in bad lighting conditions, or with low resolution textures. And maybe other color, this red is not too readable either ;)

Edited by Hula_Girl

Am i the only who dont like this at all and just prefers the old stuff?

• Like 1

The change is nice, but not for me. There are way too many boxes around the player where I have to individually place items into. This screen doesn't make anything easier, and takes just as long as it would normally. Another dislike I have is I can't visually see without hovering what my weight is, and have to look for random icons to right click to get my 'body' options. I decided to opt back for the old menu as this new screen just forces me to lose 1/4 of my free screen with additional floating menus, upon doing this I noticed over 20 (23?) separate item headers, where I can only put items into specific slots. I used to be able to drag a glove to a hand, then drag a weapon to that hand after, drag a shield to the left arm fine too. The 'old' body system is very massive now and a lot more limited to what it was previously, it is far from "the old style".

While I figure I could potentially adjust to the new paper-doll, I realised the 'old style' body system will always be in place when you look at other peoples equipment, this means you have to search and scroll through a list double or more the size originally to heal their wounds. For PvP this is a lot of time wasted.

Overall I like the concept, but I find it's too much clutter when you have everything else. While I understand you don't need to have all these windows open at once, in a PvP circumstance it's very nifty to have it open. At the cost of 1/4 of your (well mine) screen it's not beneficial. it's not faster and not easier (everything requires hover over tool tips!!). Also trying to find your wounds through a maze of trees is very annoying using the new 'old' system. I haven't managed to test how healing wounds using the new paper-doll works yet, so I can not judge that.

Edited by MetalDragon
  • Like 4

Auto equip are something that we will work on in the future.

Also we will add quick icons for the backpack and satchel if they are equppied.

For unequip you can just drag and drop in the middle.

Another way to show the character window (paperdoll) are to double click on your health bar.

• Like 1

While i do appreciate the work put into this please make this optional! after logging in for the first time since the update i hate it. Please please add an option to use this or not.

*if it is optional and i dont know about it please let me know* :)

While i do appreciate the work put into this please make this optional! after logging in for the first time since the update i hate it. Please please add an option to use this or not.

*if it is optional and i dont know about it please let me know* :)

there is option for the old thing on option> game

• Like 2

Auto equip are something that we will work on in the future.

Also we will add quick icons for the backpack and satchel if they are equppied.

For unequip you can just drag and drop in the middle.

Another way to show the character window (paperdoll) are to double click on your health bar.

It might be nice to have a little repair all icon on the paper doll like an anvil that you can click that would repair all the equipment you are wearing at once. A lot of games have this and it would make things a lot easier then navigating around to each part. Maybe you can even add in key bind for it making it so you don't have to even access the paper doll unless you need healing?

Wox, firstly - great work on getting a ifty new item out the door, relatively bug free.  A couple of things:

1)  The "Activate" option doesn't work in either satchel nor backpack.  I use my "Space Bar" to activate and it does't work, I need to double click.  This is annoying

2)  My items don't stack in my satchel, on my back.  

3)  FirstAid.  Used to be I'd sort by highest damage then First Aid them all in that group.  When you're like me and take a lot of damage and have many injuries searching through each area of the body is annoying.

I like the Paper Doll and would be happy to use it, but without the ability to "Activate" my satchel/BP items, without having a quick option to open the satchel/BP and with the time consuming and unclear FirstAid I think i'm going to have to be one of the ones that keeps the old format.  I don't like doing this as I think new items should be used and adapted to, however I regularly use my satchel & take damage too much to let go of the quick & handy way it was set up on my Body.

Great work, this has so much promise ahead of it! 

Thanks for all feedback on the paper doll in this and in other threads.

We will look at (fix) the bugs and also the features that are wanted.

Like auto equip, first aid and so on.

• Like 2

When i was watching the SNFF video they were talking about how hard it was to see if you have an item equipped and i though of a simple thing that would make checking easy. Just add a colored broader around equipped slots so you can see at a glance if you have that item equipped....

DvBbt5B.jpg

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 4

I love that Kegan! this is simple and good for overview ;) and they could even add more Colors for it to Display damage % ;) so blue beeing fully repaired, green 15% damage, yellow 30% damage, orange 45% damage, red 65% damage, dark red 80%+ damage ;) or so^^

could even add a Little shine around those items equipped

Edited by Miretta
  • Like 2