Sign in to follow this  
kitamin

Note to new players and existing players on GV server (First light)

The tiles around First light are forbidden of digging and chopping trees down. Please do not cut any trees or dig around the 6 tiles radius outside of the First Light deed. Us at first light have put the effort into making the area out side look nice and want to keep it in the same shape that its remained so far.

Many thanks

Kitamine

Problem is you really don't have any authority to ask for things like that unless you already own a deed.  And even then you can only dictate what happens on and 10 tiles outside your deed.

Assuming it is an actualy deed (First Light Deed) then you really shouldn't have any problem with that actually.

This was told by my mayor Enki (GM) put up signs saying not to dig or cut trees in the area. So i think its good enough authority, however i see that there cant be any punishments for doing so. Its just manors not to cut or dig in the area.

If its not covered by the deeds area of control it dosn't matter who issues the order as you don't own the land any other way now.  Same rule applies to fence bashing.  I don't care if a gm says "Don't cut down these trees or dig here", its not that gms land unless its covered by area of control.  GM's don't need special treatment, and if a gm really did ask for this, why are you posting this and not him/her?

I would like to get some signs up asking players to respect a 5 tile zone around First Light.

Beyond that I do not feel this post will be that helpful to this end.  I appreciate your efforts Kitamine, but many of the new players that need to be aware of this will likely not read this immediately and it is up to us at the deed to maintain that zone.

Well I might suggest walling it off then if its within your deeds area of control (which if its a village it most certainly is).  A wall can't be knocked down anyhow so it shouldn't be a problem.

hahaha

making a GV alt to chop wood now

bully...  ::)

I would like to get some signs up asking players to respect a 5 tile zone around First Light.

You are aware this will accomplish the exact opposite, right?

If its not covered by the deeds area of control it dosn't matter who issues the order as you don't own the land any other way now.  Same rule applies to fence bashing.  I don't care if a gm says "Don't cut down these trees or dig here", its not that gms land unless its covered by area of control.  GM's don't need special treatment, and if a gm really did ask for this, why are you posting this and not him/her?

Problem is your missing the point. The world isn't black and white, its full of greys. Yes, they cant's stop anyone from digging there. But they sure can ask, and hope that people are polite enough.

I wouldn't say that really calls for you to spew platitudes at the man.

¿How is that noone has already fenced the whole deed, so newcomers can't get out? Come on, I'm sure you have tons of ideas like this :P

This was told by my mayor Enki (GM) put up signs saying not to dig or cut trees in the area.

If Enki is the mayor then why don't you change the deed so that it is illegal to cut wood? When I first came to NT I couldnt cut the wood there (legally).

its just out side of the deed so it can be cut

Fence it off then, wooden fences are easy to maintain and they probably don't look that bad anyway.